Hip mounted water packs

Old September 22nd 03, 07:25 PM
Pat

Default Hip mounted water packs

x-no-archive:yes

I am considering getting a hip-mounted Hydrapak Hip Sip 70 for the fall and
spring seasons when I don't need so much water. Has anyone used these hip
packs? Does the tube come up high enough to go over the shoulder or do I
need to clip it to my shirt front? I have seen runners using these, so I
don't know if cyclists can, too.

I am just tired of hauling around 8 pounds of water and gear on my back and
thought I'd try something new. It seems the center of gravity, being
lowered, would let me use it on my mtn bike, too.

thoughts?

Pat in TX

Old September 22nd 03, 11:49 PM
Rick Onanian

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:25:08 -0500, Pat wrote:
I am just tired of hauling around 8 pounds of water and gear on my back
thought I'd try something new. It seems the center of gravity, being
lowered, would let me use it on my mtn bike, too.

Can you still carry everything you were carrying after
switching to the new hip pack?

If you have to move weight to the bike, then keep in
mind that it's that much more weight on the mountain
bike that you'll have to lift over logs and such.

thoughts?

Pat in TX

--
Rick Onanian
Old September 23rd 03, 07:56 PM
arlo

"Pat" wrote in
:

I am just tired of hauling around 8 pounds of water and gear on my
back and thought I'd try something new. It seems the center of
gravity, being lowered, would let me use it on my mtn bike, too.

I have one that I tried to use while mountain biking. I found that it
bounced around quite a bit and moved too much for my liking. I like the
backpack stability much better. The hose was long enough to go over my
shoulder. YMMV of course.

Regards,

Arlo