How much to pay for a cycle helmet?

Old August 5th 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_2_]

Default How much to pay for a cycle helmet?

Mike Clark wrote:
In message
Andy Key wrote:

I mostly wear a helmet when mountain-biking because I find it useful
for head-butting low-hanging branches and brambles out of the way
(just call me Mister Risk Compensation).

;-)

My neighbour wears one to keep his hair in place.....because he is worth it.
Old August 5th 09, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 00:49:28 -0700 (PDT), Simon Brooke
wrote:

snip

Helmets are very effective for what they're designed for - which is
saving your head from scrapes and bruising if you fall off your
bicycle.

You are of course at odds with the person who said as part of his
MSc:

"I've examined all the evidence of cycle helmets I can
find, and I have been unable to find any benefit."

--
Show your non-acceptance of Ian Jackson as the proposed chief moderator of URCM and the use of his chiark system.
Vote against the formation of the group.

Old August 5th 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Damerell

Quoting Daniel Barlow :
Quack quack. One of the worst things about the crap that judith et al
have put this group through is that it causes people to be much more
ready to jump to "troll" conclusions when they see posts about
hot-button posts from new or unfamiliar names.

"Mr Benn" and his various different email addresses are hardly new or
unfamiliar.
--
David Damerell flcl?
Yesterday was Wednesday, July.

Best cycle helmet for under £10? Brian D'Amarge. UK 10 December 1st 04 02:45 PM
Does anyone cycle wearing a MOTORCYCLE HELMET ? [email protected] UK 31 August 24th 04 12:05 PM
Novel cycle helmet. Simon Mason UK 2 May 18th 04 03:19 PM
Large Cycle Helmet - what and where? BigMac UK 8 April 27th 04 07:33 PM
Halfords Cycle Helmet Richard Bates UK 2 March 31st 04 06:17 PM