Woo Hoooo I'm a DUMB ASS!!!!!

Old September 8th 04, 10:14 PM
J G

Default Woo Hoooo I'm a DUMB ASS!!!!!

Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back yard
(spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the severed end
of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and who would burry it
right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!! ARRGH!!!!

Old September 8th 04, 10:19 PM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back yard
(spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the severed end
of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and who would burry it
right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!! ARRGH!!!!

I just drank a bottle of water.
Old September 8th 04, 10:27 PM
MattB

J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back
yard (spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the
severed end of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and
who would burry it right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!!
ARRGH!!!!

Ooh, hope that doesn't cost you too much.
I used to have to deal with that a bunch in my old job - I was the guy being
dispatched for a lot of locates because we owned a lot of cable in the area.
The worst would be when another department would need a hole "real quick"
and jump in the backhoe and dig up some cable. They hit fiber once and it
was like $20k when it was all said and done. Sitting in a muddy trench
splicing a 200 pair cable in the rain really sucks.

I bet you'll call before digging next time!

Old September 8th 04, 10:29 PM
MattB

p e t e f a g e r l i n wrote:
J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back
yard (spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the
severed end of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and
who would burry it right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable!
Danm!!!! ARRGH!!!!

I just drank a bottle of water.

You're out of control, dude!

Old September 8th 04, 10:53 PM
pas

J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back
yard (spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the
severed end of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and
who would burry it right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!!
ARRGH!!!!

you should've said, "hold my beer and watch this...."

penny

Old September 8th 04, 11:32 PM
mojo deluxe

"pas" wrote in message
J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back
yard (spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the
severed end of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and
who would burry it right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!!
ARRGH!!!!

you should've said, "hold my beer and watch this...."

I used to know people that's said that.

Old September 8th 04, 11:42 PM
Porn Shop Stiffy

"mojo deluxe" wrote in message
. ..

"pas" wrote in message
J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back
yard (spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the
severed end of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and
who would burry it right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!!
ARRGH!!!!

you should've said, "hold my beer and watch this...."

I used to know people that's said that.

But "beer helps us think"

Old September 9th 04, 03:02 AM
Slacker

On Wed, 08 Sep 2004 21:19:57 GMT, p e t e f a g e r l i n =

wrote:

J G wrote:
Finished planting the last of (9) Leyland Cypress trees in the back y=

ard
(spaced far enough apart to slalom between ;-) and noticed the severe=

d =

end
of a black cable sticking up.... Hmm. what is this and who would burr=

y =

it
right THERE. Ohh, it was telephone cable! Danm!!!! ARRGH!!!!

I just drank a bottle of water.

So cruel, but funny!

-- =

Slacker
Old September 9th 04, 03:19 AM
J G

Ooh, hope that doesn't cost you too much.

Nope, I called Dig-Safe......
This apparently was an extra coil or two of cable they just threw out there
instead of trimming the ends at the end of the pull. SO when they came out
to mark the burried lines this was not marked.

Sitting in a muddy trench
splicing a 200 pair cable in the rain really sucks.

No doubt, I hate terminating fiber regardless of the circumstances... unless
I'm making tripple-time, then, maybe it's okay.