Helmets and testing information

Old March 25th 11, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
alan.holmes

Default Helmets and testing information

"BartC" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 11:22:08 -0000
"BartC" wrote:
"JNugent" wrote in message
On 25/03/2011 07:32, Peter Keller wrote:

Maybe a bicycle is not very convenient for a 35-mile commute. But
many
people have commutes of more like 5 miles or less. For this a bicycle
is
very convenient and viable, especially if it is not necessary to carry
many things.

Absolutely. The mode has some viability, but it is quite limited in
several different ways. For those for whom any of those limitations are
not practical or otherwise acceptable, the whole mode is non-viable.

Walking has the same sorts of limitations.

But even motorists walk sometimes. Some people even do it for fun.

Hardly a valid comparison. Unless you're in a wheelchair you have no
option
but to walk in certain situations.

That sounds like you'd rather drive *everywhere* rather than walk or do
anything else, even if it was perfectly feasible to do so?

How would you get to that newsagents which is half a mile down the road;
walk, ride, or drive?

I used to drive half a mile to the village for my newspaper every mornig,
but I desperately need some exersize, my duaghter who is much more clever
than me, suggested I wlked, so I strted doing that, it does take a bit more
than 20 minutes, but I do feel better for it!

But if it were raining I would go back to the car!

Alan

Old March 25th 11, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"alan.holmes" wrote:

So you are more knowledgeable then the BMA?

What are your qualifications then?

Yes

What are your qualifications then?

Better than yours it would seem!

Dr Peter Keller MB ChB FANZCA I believe. (thats Batchelor of Medicine,
Batchelor of Medicine & Surgery, Fellow of the Australian & New Zealand
College of Anaesthetists to you and me)

--
Tony
Old March 25th 11, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old March 25th 11, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Bartc

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"BartC" wrote in message

How would you get to that newsagents which is half a mile down the road;
walk, ride, or drive?

I used to drive half a mile to the village for my newspaper every mornig,
but I desperately need some exersize, my duaghter who is much more clever
than me, suggested I wlked, so I strted doing that, it does take a bit
more than 20 minutes, but I do feel better for it!

But if it were raining I would go back to the car!

Actually, most of the time I would drive too. But I do at least get the bike
out and dust it down every so often, especially when someone has borrowed
the car.

--
Bartc

Old March 26th 11, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
DavidR[_2_]

"alan.holmes" wrote

I used to drive half a mile to the village for my newspaper every mornig,
but I desperately need some exersize, my duaghter who is much more clever
than me, suggested I wlked, so I strted doing that, it does take a bit
more than 20 minutes, but I do feel better for it!

Our local Asda is only 1km away. I would never occur to use the car for
getting anything trivial.

But if it were raining I would go back to the car!

A few years ago I was on vacation in some exotic location and one day I
overheard somebody say that they couldn't go swimming because it was
raining.

....Is there some biological hazard with rain I should be made aware of?

Old March 26th 11, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/03/2011 21:57, alan.holmes wrote:

So you are more knowledgeable then the BMA?

What are your qualifications then?

Yes

What are your qualifications then?

Better than yours it would seem!

Oh dear, You really are a ****ing idiot.

Clue. I don't claim to have qualifications higher than the BMA.

The Keller idiot claims he does.

Got that? or was it too complicated?

Old March 26th 11, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/03/2011 22:17, Tony Raven wrote:
wrote:

So you are more knowledgeable then the BMA?

What are your qualifications then?

Yes

What are your qualifications then?

Better than yours it would seem!

Dr Peter Keller MB ChB FANZCA I believe. (thats Batchelor of Medicine,
Batchelor of Medicine& Surgery, Fellow of the Australian& New Zealand
College of Anaesthetists to you and me)

Judging by his posts here he might just be bright enough to sweep the
streets.

So - I think thats total bollox. Not surprising coming from a proven
**** like you.

Old March 26th 11, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/03/2011 22:43, Just zis ****, you know? wrote:

So you are more knowledgeable then the BMA?

What are your qualifications then?

Yes

What are your qualifications then?

Better than yours it would seem!

Dr Peter Keller MB ChB FANZCA I believe. (thats Batchelor of Medicine,
Batchelor of Medicine& Surgery, Fellow of the Australian& New Zealand
College of Anaesthetists to you and me)

And he can put up shelves.

I'd rather doubt that. IME people in the medical profession have few
practical skills - assuming the Keller idiot is in the medical profession.

Second only to those in IT - who have the practical skills of a retarded
gerbil.

Old March 26th 11, 12:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 25/03/2011 19:35, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 25, 6:45 pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

I could be wrong here but I don't recall seeing a bike in Netherlands
with *only* a back-pedal brake, or at least not as supplied (some have
evidence of brakes that were there once but have fallen off or apart).
Do we have any evidence that it is legal to sell a bike with only a
coater brake in .nl? I am pretty confident it's not legal in .fr or .de.

The CTC has a useful page on the legal construction of bikes.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=4073

But then they are a bunch of rabid cyclist idiots - well known for
bending the truth to support their weirdo cycling cause.

Old March 26th 11, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

I'm very pleased your 'duaghter' suggested you 'wlked' to get some
'exersize' and that you 'strted' doing so.

Perhaps she should suggest you use a ****ing spell checker?