WHOOPS! Road Bike Party video released despite star’s horrifying injuries

Old December 13th 13, 04:52 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]

Default WHOOPS! Road Bike Party video released despite star’s horrifying injuries

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/bla...045306252.html

Road Bike Party video released despite star’s horrifying injuries

By Eurosport | Blazin' Saddles – Fri, Dec 10, 2010 23:55 EST

When international mountain bike trials legend Martyn Ashton suffered a severe spinal injury during a demonstration at Silverstone in September, it seemed as though his latest project would never see the light of day.

Left without feeling in his legs and confined to a wheelchair by the horrific, "life-changing" accident, Ashton's starring role in the filming of Road Bike Party 2 - the sequel to the hugely popular viral video Road Bike Party - came to an abrupt end.

But thanks to two other massive names in the world of trials riding, filming got back under way and the completed version has now been released, to the delight of both Ashton and his fans.

As Ashton puts it at the beginning of the video: "I had an incredible route to ride, but as in life things don't always go to plan. Luckily I've got some amazing friends to help me out."

Following the accident, which happened just before shooting was scheduled to finish, Chris Akrigg and Danny MacAskill endeavoured to work with film-maker Robin Kitchin to complete the project, and the results are nothing short of spectacular.

“It’s very different to what I planned but I’m really starting to love it and care for it,” Ashton said of the finished article, which features a £15,000 Colnago C59 Italia road bike, the likes of which are not intended to be used for this kind of stunt biking.

“It’s a brilliant collection. You can lose the fact that we’re on a road bike as it just looks like a great piece of riding.

"The first Road Bike Party was all about it being a road bike but this one, the road bike doesn’t get a chance. The stuff that we do collectively is beyond what would be ‘normal’ for a trials bike. It’s exceptional," added the former world champion.

The original film had over nine million views since its launch in 2012. The sequel had already amassed over 650,000 views within 24 hours of its release.
Old December 13th 13, 03:46 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Blackblade[_2_]

And your point is what ? !!!

He was hurt doing stunts at a race track. Most of this video shows him riding streets and urban furniture.

You are one sick individual to celebrate the tragedy of someone rendered paraplegic ...