And so it goes...

Old August 8th 07, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default And so it goes...

Stories about Kashechkin blood doping, and a mystery no-questions-asked
press conference this Friday with Bruyneel and Contador in Spain.

When will the ASO, UCI & WADA wake up and recognize that we need to move on?
That we're on the verge of cracking the code of silence, but taking away
jerseys from people who won the TdF over a decade ago doesn't encourage
people to come clean & change?

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old August 8th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
Mike Jacoubowsky a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
Stories about Kashechkin blood doping, and a mystery
no-questions-asked press conference this Friday with Bruyneel and
Contador in Spain.
When will the ASO, UCI & WADA wake up and recognize that we need to
move on? That we're on the verge of cracking the code of silence, but
taking away jerseys from people who won the TdF over a decade ago
doesn't encourage people to come clean & change?

--Mike Jacoubowsky

Much too broad a brush. There is no trinity of cycling. It's very
disunited.

- WADA has no other purpose than to find and punish "doping" violations.
- ASO has no other purpose than to make money.
- UCI has narrowed its potential and has the current purpose of surviving
the assaults of the first two, above.

It is a naïve or desperately hopeful view to imagine that three such
organizations have common purpose.

Thus, competitive cycling worldwide is like a person with three autoimmune
diseases, who refuses any treatment. That's because cycling has moved from
being a sport to being an occupation. Here's a parallel:

- There's the Justice Department which seeks to prosecute economic crimes.
- There's the New York Stock Exchange, which admits a limited number of
trading brokers and tries to keep the playing field level-ish.
- There's the SEC, which makes a ton of rules and hides most of the dirt it
finds by disinviting the same brokers, or fining them.
--
Sandy
-

- Richard Lewontin

Old August 9th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Alex

On Aug 8, 3:40 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Stories about Kashechkin blood doping, and a mystery no-questions-asked
press conference this Friday with Bruyneel and Contador in Spain.

When will the ASO, UCI & WADA wake up and recognize that we need to move on?
That we're on the verge of cracking the code of silence, but taking away
jerseys from people who won the TdF over a decade ago doesn't encourage
people to come clean & change?

WADA cares about nothing except itself. So don't expect much from
them.
If you recall these are the folks who throw out accusations before all
the
evidence has been examined.
Alex