Giant asteroid

Old November 11th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
atriage[_6_]

Default Giant asteroid

On 11/11/2011 14:02, RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 11, 4:31 am, wrote:

Yeah America makes a big song and dance about it's independence but uses
measurement units decreed by a King of England 900 or so years ago. (Henry I
(1100-1135)) or the Romans 1000 years before that.

BTW, that's not nearly as stupid or dependent as insisting on base ten
units because God created people with ten fingers 6000 years ago.

Don't be silly, God knows best.

Old November 11th 11, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

RicodJour wrote:
BTW, that's not nearly as stupid or dependent as insisting on base ten
units

At least the units have a consistent base and not some random hodge-podge eg
1 mile = 5280 feet = 1760 yards = 63360 inches = really dumb
Old November 12th 11, 08:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Simply Fred a écrit profondement:

| RicodJour wrote:
| BTW, that's not nearly as stupid or dependent as insisting on base ten
| units

| At least the units have a consistent base and not some random hodge-podge eg
| 1 mile = 5280 feet = 1760 yards = 63360 inches = really dumb

Admittedly not the most progressive sequence, I'll grant you that much,
and in fact when Davey lived in that fogbound, third world refuge and
smog defiled Reich, he was an active campaigner for the metric system,
both for measurements (Distance, weights,) and currenncy but got nowhere.

The locals did seem to manage well enough, and at least they weren't
burdened by additionally having to add varying rates of taxation to
arrive at the final prices as YankeeDoodle punters and
Canuk.Frontiersmen are.

But you should have seen the fun many, particularly the older denizens
of Albion had when a "Sixpence" became 2.5 Pence, a "shilling" became 5
Pence. a sovereign became 10 Pence, a Half-crown became 12.5 pence and
ten shilling became 50 pence with the somewhat shaky and fluctuating
GBP(£ ) reduced from 240 pennies to 100 "New Pence" or "Quid" in the
vernacular.

Anecdotally, the Joy Girls, if such I may call them, didn't seem to
have any difficulty. and picked up the changeover as fast as the whores
could drop their drawers on Pay Day at The Mine.

--
Davey Crockett
Ragheads Burn Poppies
Old November 12th 11, 10:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Davey Crockett wrote:
But you should have seen the fun many, particularly the older denizens
of Albion had when a "Sixpence" became 2.5 Pence, a "shilling" became 5
Pence. a sovereign became 10 Pence, a Half-crown became 12.5 pence and
ten shilling became 50 pence with the somewhat shaky and fluctuating
GBP(£ ) reduced from 240 pennies to 100 "New Pence" or "Quid" in the
vernacular.

Anecdotally, the Joy Girls, if such I may call them, didn't seem to
have any difficulty. and picked up the changeover as fast as the whores
could drop their drawers on Pay Day at The Mine.

Nobody ever thinks about the poor johns. The German ones (jans ?) must
have lost out when the switch to the Euro happened:

But that would be nothing compared to their ancestors in the Weimar
republic who presumably had to bring a wheelbarrow of cash for a handjob.

Old November 12th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_5_]

Simply Fred a écrit profondement:

| Davey Crockett wrote:
| But you should have seen the fun many, particularly the older denizens
| of Albion had when a "Sixpence" became 2.5 Pence, a "shilling" became 5
| Pence. a sovereign became 10 Pence, a Half-crown became 12.5 pence and
| ten shilling became 50 pence with the somewhat shaky and fluctuating
| GBP(£ ) reduced from 240 pennies to 100 "New Pence" or "Quid" in the
| vernacular.
|
| Anecdotally, the Joy Girls, if such I may call them, didn't seem to
| have any difficulty. and picked up the changeover as fast as the whores
| could drop their drawers on Pay Day at The Mine.

| Nobody ever thinks about the poor johns. The German ones (jans ?) must
| have lost out when the switch to the Euro happened:
| http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3411009.stm

| But that would be nothing compared to their ancestors in the Weimar
| republic who presumably had to bring a wheelbarrow of cash for a handjob.

Talking about money and tariffs for various services reminded Davey
that he set up a trial account with VoipCheap.

There is 10€ sitting in a dormant account good for another 56 days or so
that Davey doesn't need

You can try a free call here to almost anywhere in the World.
http://www.voipcheap.com/en/webcalls_instructions.html

But if you would like to use up the 10€ you can mention to Davey by
by posting here and he will give you a contact for the LI/PW to use the
10€ up. I'd hate some ******s in SchleckReich to get the money by
default and Davey has numerous other avenues for Free Phone Calls plus
1-800 type numbers so folks can call him toll-free set up in several
countries as several of the regulars on RBR and other Forums already know.

No strings attached except please, this is for the Needy, not the
Greedy.

Call it a Christmas Gifft. Davey ain't no Christian for sure, but since
there's such an Anti-Movement these days and the Chimp-in-Charge, in
violation of the Constitution, is sure to be kissing ass by having a
Menorah on the White House Lawn, Davey's buckling on his Sword and
Shiield and standing with the Christian God-Mongers this year.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English
Old November 12th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RicodJour[_2_]

On Nov 11, 12:56*pm, Simply Fred wrote:
RicodJour wrote:

BTW, that's not nearly as stupid or dependent as insisting on base ten
units

At least the units have a consistent base and not some random hodge-podge eg
1 mile = *5280 feet = 1760 yards = 63360 inches = really dumb

Listen to you talk! How else would we know that the kids aren't
learning things right along if they mastered all units by the age of
seven?

It's a _progressive_ learning system. I also notice that you left out
furlongs and leagues, making me think that you never progressed past
the XII grade.

Old November 13th 11, 07:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 659591 20111112 080952 Davey Crockett wrote:

But you should have seen the fun many, particularly the older denizens
of Albion had when a "Sixpence" became 2.5 Pence, a "shilling" became 5
Pence. a sovereign became 10 Pence, a Half-crown became 12.5 pence and
ten shilling became 50 pence with the somewhat shaky and fluctuating
GBP(� ) reduced from 240 pennies to 100 "New Pence" or "Quid" in the
vernacular.

A florin became 10 pence. A sovereign was 21 shillings.
Old November 13th 11, 09:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fredmaster of Brainerd

On Nov 13, 12:49*am, Bob Martin wrote:
in 659591 20111112 080952 Davey Crockett wrote:

But you should have seen the fun many, particularly the older denizens
of Albion had when a "Sixpence" became 2.5 Pence, a "shilling" became 5
Pence. a sovereign became 10 Pence, a Half-crown became 12.5 pence and
ten shilling became 50 pence with the somewhat shaky and fluctuating
GBP( ) reduced from 240 pennies to 100 "New Pence" or "Quid" in the
vernacular.

A florin became 10 pence. *A sovereign was 21 shillings.

Since we Yanks are kind enough to credit you
for the "English system" of weights and measures
that we continue to use as a tribute to early British
engineering, I think it only appropriate that you
refer to decimalized currency as the "American system."
Thus, old = Imperial pound, new = American pound.
Or, if that's too grating, perhaps "French pound,"
since they did a lot to popularize decimal systems
of measurement.

Fredmaster Ben
Old November 13th 11, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Or nautical miles

If Fredmaster and his kith had their way even FM race distances would be
listed in AU.

What is it with Giant? Brendo Australia 85 November 1st 06 08:51 PM
giant atx 980 MTB RK276 Australia 2 April 13th 05 03:39 AM
Anyone have Giant NRS Air I? John Smith Mountain Biking 0 December 23rd 04 08:55 PM
Giant VT-3 Dracko Australia 8 December 9th 03 08:48 AM
Giant NRS 3 AlexMedic Off Road 1 October 26th 03 10:58 PM