Giant VT-3

Old December 6th 03, 06:40 AM
Dracko

Default Giant VT-3

Hi, i am looking at getting a new bike and am thinking about the
Giant VT-3

I have decided to sell my car and take up cycling again.

I need to save some cash and lose some weight.

Any reviews out there for the VT-3?

and if anyone is interested, i have a 79 td gemini for sale

Thanks Dracko

Old December 6th 03, 08:27 AM
Bob Incognito

--

LOL...A TD Gemini? The sale of a Gemini isn't going to cover the cost of a
VT-3. Not unless it's "fully sick"..... ;-)

Old December 6th 03, 10:42 AM
gescom

Draco, If it makes you feel any better I drive a 1976 hand-me-down
Holden Torana .Just looking at it is enough to get on the bike
instead.

I would be careful if you just go with the mtb as its more than likely
going to be stolen if you leave it anywhere (ie. train station). Maybe
getting a 2nd hand bike or if you can afford it a folding bike as well
as the VT-3 might be the way to go. If you do sell the car a bike with
panniers and rack would be handy for the shopping.

Old December 8th 03, 10:29 AM
Dracko

Bob Incognito wrote:
LOL...A TD Gemini? The sale of a Gemini isn't going to cover the cost of
a VT-3. Not unless it's "fully sick"..... ;-)

"Fully Sick" yes

lowered, sports gear, all mechanics recod, cd, tint, central, el
antenna, g180, in excellent condition.

i am only selling it as i need to get fit, and i want a bike that can go
almost everywhere.

-

Back to main question: Is their any 3rd party reviews for the VT3?

Thanks

Old December 8th 03, 10:29 AM
Dracko

ftf wrote:
There are plenty of http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_full_suspension/pr-
oduct_121171.shtmlreviews for the VT2 and VT1 at mtbr.com but none for
VT3... however apparently the frame and rear shock is the same in the
VT3 so it still should be relevant.
Looks like the reviews for these bikes are pretty good! Cheers, Troy

Thanks Troy

I will check that out.

Old December 8th 03, 10:59 PM
Bob Incognito

"Dracko" wrote in message

"Fully Sick" yes

lowered, sports gear, all mechanics recod, cd, tint, central, el
antenna, g180, in excellent condition.

i am only selling it as i need to get fit, and i want a bike that can go
almost everywhere.

LMFAO!! Wow, "too fast too furious".....lol

If your fully sick Gemini is important to you.....and you just wanna get
fit.....why not take up jogging? You don't need a bike "that can go
anywhere" just to get fit. There's lots of options....

Old December 9th 03, 06:41 AM
Dracko

Bob Incognito wrote:
If your fully sick Gemini is important to you.....and you just wanna get
fit.....why not take up jogging? You don't need a bike "that can go
anywhere" just to get fit. There's lots of options....

Sorry mate, can't jog/walk long dist. stuffed my ankle a few years back,
my doctor reckons i will be able to cycle without much hassel - hence
going into cycling.

i live in an area that i dont require a motor vehical anymore, thats why
i wish to sell my car and save some cash at the same time.

I dont believe i need to be ridiculed for trying to better myself and i
did come here for some information and help.

thanks

Old December 9th 03, 08:48 AM
hippy

"ftf" wrote in message
There are plenty of http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2003_full_suspension/pr-
oduct_121171.shtmlreviews for the VT2 and VT1 at mtbr.com but none for
VT3... however apparently the frame and rear shock is the same in the
VT3 so it still should be relevant.

If the frame and fork are the same on all models...
Is there a frame-only option?

That way you (or I) could buy the frame and
shock and then spec the rest of the bike with
any parts available...

hippy
tempted.. must go and ride one of these...