A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Old November 13th 08, 06:41 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default I am convinced bicycling is not safe

OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my
case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

AND, there is no way in he!! I am going to save energy for Obama. I do
it for me.

Chris

***

See, you just seem to deny my theory that Republicans don't care
enough about anything to ride a bike for practical purposes. But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Either God or the Revolution, right?
Old November 14th 08, 02:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default a new definition of patriotism

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 12, 8:23 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to
you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal
kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche.
To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest
parasitic species. You are worse than vermin, for vermin does not pretend
to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage.

I can see you really have a command over the worst adjectives even if

you are not able to say something cohesive, like a vision of the
world, other than one with dinosaurs and roaches. I guess a few hyenas
too.

You are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. You are worthless
compared to burnt-out light bulbs. Your will forever live in shame. You
have nothing to say, and Godwin's Law does not apply when writing
about you.
[...]

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old November 14th 08, 02:44 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

Default A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
The ape and the hyena disagree in the perspective of the jungle. Of
course, hyenas are predators without a creative mind. Probably the
same difference as bicyclists and nonbicyclists.

Originally Posted by SingingSabre
"I'm holding my tongue...proverbially.

As to the topic at hand, most US residents don't see cyclocommuting as
a viable form of transportation. For Obama to mention it would have
probably hurt his cause, and ours. Grassroots work is the only way to
get that out...either that or get the car companies to endorse it, at
least as far as I can tell without racking my food-starved brain for
more creative ideas."

I don't see his endorsement would be bad for cycling since most
Republicans don't commute by bicycle anyway.

It would certainly lead to more ridership among the young and
minorities --his power base.

You are an aberration, a corruption, a boil on the Net that needs to be
lanced. You are a poison we need to vomit. You are a tooth so rotten it
infects the whole body. You are sperm that should have been captured in a
condom and flushed down a toilet.

Old November 14th 08, 02:46 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

[...]

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to
empress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop
will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it
more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you
up,drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose
fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea
of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

Old November 14th 08, 03:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Tom Keats

In article ,
KingOfTheApes writes:
OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

I see you're still trying to scare people away from riding.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They are, are they? Have /you/ looked at any real accident statistics
on bicycling? And who the heck is this "cujet" guy, and where did he
post the above?

case, I achieved a lifetime of about 15,000 miles before a serious
acccident.

I wonder what "cujet" did, to fsck up so badly after only
15,000 miles.

Sorry, but bicycling is not the answer, or even part of the answer.

AND, there is no way in he!! I am going to save energy for Obama. I do
it for me.

Chris

***

See, you just seem to deny my theory that Republicans don't care
enough about anything to ride a bike for practical purposes.

I've met a number of folks with Republican leanings here in
r.b.m. I think they're mostly nice people, and I'm mostly an
apolitical, irreligious libertine. In fact, I think most people,
whether with Republican or Democrat, or Conservative or Liberal
leanings are roughly "centerists" with overlapping viewpoints,
maybe with some few contentious outlier opinions on certain
topics that haven't yet led to The End Of Days.

Republicans are not the enemy. Self-purported, self-styled
"revolutionaries" who want to upset the applecart are.
Of whom does that description remind you?

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old November 15th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 13, 8:46*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]

Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

That's why we have to keep the old away from political life. They have
nothing to offer the world but hate. And you don't even ride a bike,
so enjoy your wheelchair!
Old November 15th 08, 12:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 13, 9:06*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

OK, I just found a Republican who rides a bike for practical purposes.
"Rara avis" indeed, but well he's bruised but alive to tell his
story...

Originally Posted by cujet
I am convinced bicycling is not safe. I have been riding for years,
mostly to work and for fun. A recent accident broke my left arm into 7
pieces. Surgery put it back together. However, I now have a non union
of the bone in 2 places. I'm 45 years old and bones don't heal as well
at this age. It looks like I will be held together by screws and a
plate. I may never be able to put any load on my left arm.

I see you're still trying to scare people away from riding.

Accident statistics on bicycling are horrific per mile traveled. In my

* ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

[...]

OK, he fell down himself, but I've felt intimidated enough to make me
lose my balance. Republicans just ignore how bad our roads are since
they mostly drive SUVs, and then try to make Iraq safe.

Of course, the Democrats also ignore the issue if only they talk about
some of the problems here...

Originally Posted by Ebbtide
"I'd venture to guess that cyclists break down about the same as the
national party affiliation. Perhaps a little more left, but not
much."

Let's see Red is SUV town, hostile to bikes; Blue, friendly to public
transportation and bicycles. But the Democratic Party Machine doesn't
deliver the goods either.

Are all the Democratic party officials driving SUVs?

Old November 15th 08, 12:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

[...]

Hey, Dr. Evil, instead of spewing insults you should check yourself to
find your true colors...

(of course, also check your blood pressure)

http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Originally Posted by Ka_Jun
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.15

***

You fall under the revolution parameters. Neither party will solve the
problem. I think the revolution needs to be left libertarian.

Left libertarians see the need for COOPERATION, and traffic takes a
lot of it. Not too anarchist though as we need the government to set
up cameras to root out the bad drivers, but not to control speed.

Actually I believe in an American autobahn, while having BIKE LANES at
the same time. Is that a contradiction?

Well, it happens in Germany.
Old November 15th 08, 12:42 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Dane Buson

In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

--
Dane Buson -
"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the Phone Company."
Old November 15th 08, 01:04 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Bill Sornson[_3_]

Dane Buson wrote:
In rec.bicycles.misc Tom Keats wrote:
In article KingOfTheApes writes:

But since
you say biking is so dangerous, and neither the Republican Party nor
the Democratic Party is the solution, who's the solution?

Solution to /what/ -- your disinformation about the supposed
"dangerousness" of cycling? The solution to that is
pretty obvious, but you're still here.

I will admit that sometimes truly I long for the day where you can
deliver a punch to the face over TCP/IP. It would purely make for a
much politer interblag.

You want to punch someone in the face over what's quoted above?

Wow.

Tom Danielson March 13 1978 - March 13 2008 [email protected] Racing 0 March 13th 08 10:31 AM
Mt. Washington BC nrkist Unicycling 4 August 28th 05 11:21 PM
Washington Post: A Rough Ride for Schwinn Bicycle Ed General 12 December 12th 04 05:24 AM