A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Recumbent Biking
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OT - Clothes



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old November 27th 11, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
T°m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 813
Default OT - Clothes

On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:
This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore....nted-Boots.jpg

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Ads
  #2  
Old November 28th 11, 03:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
Dan O
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,098
Default OT - Clothes

On Nov 27, 7:59 am, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...


My first bike-specific clothing (after helmet) was a well-used pair of
these:

http://www.classicboots.com/moto/details/f-bore01.htm


  #3  
Old November 28th 11, 04:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
T0m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 133
Default OT - Clothes

On 11/27/2011 9:37 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Nov 27, 7:59 am, "T�m [email protected]"""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...


My first bike-specific clothing (after helmet) was a well-used pair of
these:

http://www.classicboots.com/moto/details/f-bore01.htm

The looks of SiDi boots have certainly changed - these are what I use
for cool weather and rain riding:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2011-Sidi-Cobra-Rain-Boots-Black.jpg.

Lorica uppers (just like SiDi cycling shoes).

As a fan of Holstein-Frisian cows, I am sad that this color combination
and Gore-Tex is not available:
http://images.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2011-Sidi-Cobra-Boots.jpg.
Oh well, the white is probably a PITA to keep clean.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #4  
Old November 28th 11, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
(PeteCresswell)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,790
Default OT - Clothes

http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...-be-black.html
--
PeteCresswell
  #5  
Old November 28th 11, 09:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
T0m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 133
Default Shorts for Cycling?

On 11/28/2011 10:12 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...-be-black.html


Why such shorts should not be worn in public.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
  #6  
Old November 28th 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
thirty-six
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,049
Default Shorts for Cycling?

On Nov 28, 9:53*pm, "T0m [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 11/28/2011 10:12 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

http://funlok.com/index.php/jokes/wh...ould-always-be...


Why such shorts should not be worn in public.

--
Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


http://images.fineartamerica.com/ima...maksymenko.jpg
  #7  
Old November 29th 11, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,755
Default OT - Clothes

On Nov 27, 7:59*am, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. *Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. *I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...


You can't, if you are gay.

Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


  #8  
Old November 29th 11, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
kolldata
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,836
Default OT - Clothes

On Nov 27, 8:59*am, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. *Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. *I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...

--
Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


you're sick
  #9  
Old November 29th 11, 04:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,755
Default OT - Clothes

On Nov 28, 6:02*pm, kolldata wrote:
On Nov 27, 8:59*am, "Tm [email protected]" ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI





$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:


This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. *Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. *I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...


--
Tm Shermn - 42.435731N, 83.985007W
I am a vehicular cyclist.


you're sick-


We all agree on that.
  #10  
Old November 29th 11, 07:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,alt.mountain-bike
T0m [email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 133
Default OT - Clothes

On 11/28/2011 6:47 PM, Convicted Criminal Mike "Handsaw" Vandeman wrote:
On Nov 27, 7:59�am, "T�m [email protected]"""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 10/31/2011 10:41 AM, Dan O wrote:

This is where folks in "normal" clothes seem to disdain me for rmy
bike-specific gear - which I wear not to be some kind of lance-alike,
but because it is so very much more functional (though in my more
egotistical youth I always did like the feeling of being in boots and
bright blue and white full leathers, still get a boost from the
admiration I sense in my structural firefighting turnouts. �Confidence
is attractive to a point, but egotism has a definite ugliness, and
being an inherent part of human nature, has been hard to shake, though
I think it's mellowing with age).


I will be getting a set of black white and yellow Alpinestars leathers,
white and black Alpinestars MRX boots with red trim, and blue and white
Alpinestars glove to go with a yellow Shoei helmet. �I mean, how can you
not love boots that look like this:http://images.motorcycle-superstore....G/2011-Alpines...


You can't, if you are gay.


Hey Mikey,

Is that something you learned in JAIL?

How does it feel to have a criminal record?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731°N, 83.985007°W
I am a vehicular cyclist.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you have a closet full of clothes that you would like to sell,consider using an online auction site or consignment store to sell them tointerested consumers. Online auction sites will sell your used clothes to thehighest bidder and will require yo [email protected] General 0 April 25th 08 05:44 PM
The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LV packs. And hat.Clothes. Some products, etc.The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LVpacks. And hat. Clothes. Some products, etc.ello [email protected] Techniques 0 December 6th 07 02:29 PM
The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LV packs. And hat.Clothes. Some products, etc.The sale of the old Guinness Super watches. LVpacks. And hat. Clothes. Some products, etc.ello [email protected] UK 0 December 6th 07 02:29 PM
Clothes [email protected] General 14 October 23rd 05 01:07 AM
clothes Sachmo Mountain Biking 8 November 29th 04 02:09 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.