Got Balance?

Old May 23rd 07, 01:55 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

Default Got Balance?

Hello, I'm making a couple t-shirts with some Iron-on Transfers I bought
because I'm starting a Unicycle club and we (I and 6 other people) will
be riding in a memorial day parade next monday. I was wondering if any
of you had the "got milk?" font or could photoshop this? I need "got
balance" in white letters with the "got milk?" font blown up pretty
big. Also if you could using the same font make "Beverly Chicago
Unicycle Club" with the words on top of each other (see pic below). I
used paint and did an okay job for the "got balance" part but when it's
blown up it looks kinda pixely. Thanks

Ok, Here's what I have.

[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...ancefront.jpg]

And I need this in the got "milk font"

[image:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z...cycleClub.jpg]

--
surfer1024

Tied with Agent Q for 1st place *)--SmallSpin-'O,* Contest

South Haven, MI Vacation Unicycle Video
http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60451
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

surfer1024 wrote:
when it's blown up it looks kinda pixely. Thanks

just make it bigger to start with - use a bigger font size

--
uni_jim

phthoruth wrote:
just because Kris can do it, doesnt mean its possible

'evolve trials'
(http://tinyurl.com/2uho7c)
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
tholub

You realize that "got milk" has been beaten to death by every club that
couldn't come up with something more inventive for the past 15 years,
right?

--
tholub
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
surfer1024

I don't have the font. I found a website with the font for free but the
site wouldn't let me download it. I used a preview picture of the font
on the page and I edited it using MS paint. Now I don't remember where
the site is either.

Edit:
tholub wrote:
You realize that "got milk" has been beaten to death by every club that
couldn't come up with something more inventive for the past 15 years,
right?

No, I didn't, Do you have any other good Uni sayings/phrases, whatever?

Old May 23rd 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
greencollar

every good advertisment scheme gets beaten to death. A company comes out
with a great slogan or a catchy phrase...a new graphics idea. Then
everyone in their mother comes in behind them and mocks the idea. Im
not saying its a horrible thing. I am sure it is quite flattering to
the designer that his (or her) work was this successful that people
found the need to mock it. I think something more clever would be to
come up with our own unique slogan or phrase and scheme. Not following
the commong trend of things, cause honestly...unicyclists dont tend to
follow common trends

--
greencollar
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
greencollar

oh and btw the correct font for the got milk campaign was a font called
Phenix American. To get this font it will cost you as it isnt a
mainstream font. Just pick the closest thing you have and use that,
honestly no one will know better. I have a great collection of fonts as
I am a graphic designer and I dont have this font.

--
greencollar
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 03:12 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ahollow

Try Borzoi from this site:
http://www.sharkshock.com/fonts/fontsmis2.html

It's very similar and free.

--
ahollow
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rubix

tholub wrote:
You realize that "got milk" has been beaten to death by every club that
couldn't come up with something more inventive for the past 15 years,
right?

Hmm, guess i'm not that inventive.

--
Rubix

Unicycle
Not just for clowns anymore!
http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
AscenXion

greencollar wrote:
Then everyone *in* their mother comes in behind them and mocks the
idea.

hmm...that's one hell of a Freudian slip.

And Tholub, shaddup....though I must say that I'm thoroughly enjoying
the fact that there's someone on this forum that's as grumpy as I
am...it's just that you are always on the stupid side of things in your
grumpy behavior...oh well...

--
AscenXion

*\ /*
*/ \*

*µニ Rider*
*SingleTrak'n*
*Order Of One [Oł]*

*You've shown your true face, AscenXion, and revealed that only an
exclusive order of people can exist in your world where you are an
intolerant god.*

http://www.usenet.com
Old May 23rd 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nickvb123

tholub wrote:
You realize that "got milk" has been beaten to death by every club that
couldn't come up with something more inventive for the past 15 years,
right?

people actually have made comments to the effect of "got balance" to
me, which is why i think its funny.

--
nickvb123

"any thing you can do i can do backwards"
http://www.usenet.com

balance david Techniques 84 January 25th 07 01:42 AM
wow look at this self balance uni apadoxhr Unicycling 11 November 10th 06 04:43 AM
Balance Marian Techniques 4 May 27th 06 05:14 PM
Balance TheoELind Unicycling 24 December 27th 04 05:00 PM
Balance General 10 June 8th 04 07:29 PM