Will Lance quit?

Old July 18th 03, 11:17 PM
Lindsay

Default Will Lance quit?

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 00:00:05 GMT, "NS"
wrote:

His (Lance's) overall lead has increased 13 seconds or so as of today.
The only difference is Ullrich is in second instead of Vinokourov.
Second place on back doesn't matter in the big picture.

Sorry but that is BS when we are talking about a Time Trial. Lance
lost considerable time today, no two ways about it.

Lindsay
----------------------------
"One of the annoying things about believing in free
will and individual responsibility is the difficulty
of finding somebody to blame your problems on. And
when you do find somebody, it's remarkable how often
his picture turns up on your driver's license."

P.J. O'Rourke
Old July 19th 03, 12:41 AM
Nick Burns

"Callistus Valerius" wrote in message
I've heard Lance say that if he can't win the tdf, that he would quit. If
it becomes evident in the next couple of stages, that Lance can't win,

will
he quit?

I don't think so. I really hope not.

Old July 19th 03, 01:00 AM

His (Lance's) overall lead has increased 13 seconds or so as of today.
The only difference is Ullrich is in second instead of Vinokourov.
Second place on back doesn't matter in the big picture. Why would LA
want to burn himself out? I say he is being conservative. The big
question is ...Did Ullrich get spent trying to win the stage like
Patacchi did after that big sprint? Will he have enough to stay in
contention while racing through the mountainous stages?

NS

Old July 19th 03, 01:14 AM

Hey it was a question! Apparently you think Patacchi is a crap rider...

Don't put words in my mouth! I won't in yours... Getting spent is a
serious matter and no matter how much we don't want it to happen ...it
happens to good people too...It can even happen to Ullrich... So don't
think anyone is invinceable...

I am sorry I fingered your hero~!

NS

Old July 19th 03, 02:11 AM
DiabloScott

Callistus Valer wrote:
I've heard Lance say that if he can't win the tdf, that he would quit.
If it becomes evident in the next couple of stages, that Lance can't
win, will he quit?

Real question - will Jan fall off the wagon? We all know what a slave he
is to vice - didn't Krispy Kreme just open in Tooloose? The man just can
NOT say "no, danke" to a donut. So tonight he'll probably sneak out of
his hotel, go scarf down a box-o-fritters, a few bratwursts, and a
couple liters of Berliner Weisse to wash down the uppers. Then he'll
make a crack pipe out of a toilet paper roll and veg-out in front of MTV
with a back of Doritos.

He'll climb the Pyrenees like a slug in January.

Nice try though Beauty Boy Valer.

--
Check out my bike blog!

http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

Old July 19th 03, 02:40 AM
Corey Green

Have to agree with you there. He already proved he could gain time on
Ullrich in the mountains - tomorrow through Tuesday we should see more of
the same.

Old July 19th 03, 04:45 AM
Fred Marx

NS wrote:

His (Lance's) overall lead has increased 13 seconds or so as of today.
The only difference is Ullrich is in second instead of Vinokourov.
Second place on back doesn't matter in the big picture. Why would LA
want to burn himself out? I say he is being conservative. The big
question is ...Did Ullrich get spent trying to win the stage like
Patacchi did after that big sprint? Will he have enough to stay in
contention while racing through the mountainous stages?

the OLN video from the end of the evening coverage sure didn't look good
as they compared LA to JU.. Lance looked spent and Jan looked like he'd
had a good workout...

NS

Old July 19th 03, 04:59 AM
Nick Burns

"Fred Marx" wrote in message

NS wrote:

His (Lance's) overall lead has increased 13 seconds or so as of today.
The only difference is Ullrich is in second instead of Vinokourov.
Second place on back doesn't matter in the big picture. Why would LA
want to burn himself out? I say he is being conservative. The big
question is ...Did Ullrich get spent trying to win the stage like
Patacchi did after that big sprint? Will he have enough to stay in
contention while racing through the mountainous stages?

the OLN video from the end of the evening coverage sure didn't look good
as they compared LA to JU.. Lance looked spent and Jan looked like he'd
had a good workout...

NS

I thought exactly the same thing. People were talking about how maybe Lance
was saving himself but Jan pushed to his limit (on the assumption that he
needed to do that to win) but it looked the opposite to me.