Stage 16

Old July 23rd 03, 12:06 AM
Alex Beascoechea

Default Stage 16

Everybody is assuming that the ITT is going to decide this tour, but
tomorrow there is an amazingly tricky stage. I am sure there are people that
still has some hope to win a stage (what about Bettini, Boogerd, Nardello),
if a small group forms with this type of fast guys and someone of the top
ten in it, Jan and/or Lance could find themselves losing many minutes.
Someone unexpectedly could get out of the podium. Something like this
happened to Rominger and Olano in 96.

The two main ports (Soudet and Bagargui ) are very, very hard and then it
will be rolling till then end (about 80 Km).

Old July 23rd 03, 12:21 AM
warren

In article , Alex Beascoechea
wrote:

Everybody is assuming that the ITT is going to decide this tour, but
tomorrow there is an amazingly tricky stage. I am sure there are people that
still has some hope to win a stage (what about Bettini, Boogerd, Nardello),
if a small group forms with this type of fast guys and someone of the top
ten in it, Jan and/or Lance could find themselves losing many minutes.
Someone unexpectedly could get out of the podium.

The teams of the riders who stand to lose a valuable place will have
plenty of time to reduce any dangerous gaps before the finish.

-WG
Old July 23rd 03, 04:04 AM
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

In article ,
says...
SORRY. IT'S A TTT. CHECK OLN.COM AND YOU'LL SEE.

You're right, Bob. I don't know why anyone doubts you.

Rick

;-)

Stage 19 and Stage 20 Question Ian Racing 5 July 23rd 03 06:44 AM
the next stage in TDF brianb Racing 3 July 22nd 03 06:58 PM
Penultimate stage an ITT or TTT? Arthg Racing 4 July 17th 03 12:49 PM
Tour de France stage 4 Update on Hugh Hewitt Show David Ryan Racing 1 July 11th 03 03:07 AM