Disabusing Dullard's Disingenuously Distasteful Discourse

Old December 13th 05, 04:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Disabusing Dullard's Disingenuously Distasteful Discourse

Dave Larrington Wrote:
In article . com,
Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic ) wrote:

nget (Mark who?) wrote:

I was just remembering last year at this time wasn't it then that
Wayne came out with his attack against Ed Dolan?What is it with

Wayne
and this time of the year that brings out the worst in him?Perhaps

he
was a little boy of 4 years of age asking Santa Clause for that

red
tricycle that he wanted so badly. When he didn't get it [1] he was

hurt
and never got over it.And to this day he is just plain mean at

Chistmas
time.

What is up with the lack of spaces between sentences - is this some
weird cyclingforums.com artifact?

Wayne Leggett now has really nice tricycles to play with
http://www.logo-us.com/pix/logo016.jpg.

What is "Chistmas?

And is "Santa Clause" something found in a legal document?

Where's the gin?

Well at least I didn't misspell the last name of Jesus, oh, never
mind.

--
nget

Old December 14th 05, 03:57 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
resend...
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:08:35 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

[...]
I at first praised Wayne Leggett's poetry because it was quite good. This
went to his head and he then thought he could write just any old crap. But
every message is sui generis with me. So I had to take him to task for
writing about sex and ****. He took umbrage at this, thinking he had a God
given right to say anything he wanted to say to this group. But we have
some
standards here at ARBR and he can either come up to those standards or get
lost.

Also, it is in extremely bad taste for anyone, let alone a poet, to allude
to sex and ****. He ought to be ashamed of himself! I have told him
repeatedly that the only proper subjects for a poet are love and death,
not
necessarily in that order.

Ed, I have never understood why Wayne (and others I won't mention,
lacking proof) fails to accept your utter authority on this subject.

You are a shining example.

Indiana Mike

Yes, Mike, you are so right! Only I, the Great Ed Dolan, and Catholic
celibate priests know about love and death. All others should get lost on
these two subjects. I suspect Wayne Leggett is married and has ten children,
so of course he is totally unqualified to speak on love and death but
without a doubt knows all about sex and ****. Profundity is not for the
likes of him. That is reserved for great souls and highly refined intellects
like myself.

Mr. Sherman should also stay off of matters like love and death and stick to
the blogs which as everyone knows are full of naught but scum bags,
scoundrels and knaves.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 14th 05, 04:27 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
resend...
On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:15:49 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:01:20 +1100, nget
said in
:

Guy Chapman said he was leaving the group after he had finished with
the threads he was on.Wayne also said he would not post more poetry to
this group. It now appears that neither of these two are good at their
word.

And how many times has Mr Ed made his grand exit?

Guy

I may take another Grand Farewell shortly as I believe this group has died
altogether. It was murdered by a criminal vandal troll last winter and I
might note that Guy Chapman of England did nothing to prevent it. Besides,
parting is such sweet sorrow! It needs to be done more than once.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Heavens to Mergatroid! Exit, stage left!

So what if Ed can't stay away. He's off the sauce and easier to get
along with these days.

And its a welcome respite to have Wayne check in as well. This group
may be nearly dead, and mostly off topic at present, but I, for one,
welcome the diversion from the on-going opera 'Days Of our Blog' that
this place has become. I've gotten to the point of scanning the thread
to catch Tom's rejoinders & ignoring the elongated stretches put forth
by the (extremely) loyal opposition.

The truth is no one will read a long post, no matter the subject or how
interesting it might be. I learned this many years ago and so I have tried
to keep my messages to just a few well constructed paragraphs. Indiana Mike
also knows how to keep his posts to the right length.

On the other hand, many posts to ARBR are way too short. There is never any
excuse for a message that just runs to one or two sentences. These type of
short messages are a waste of everyone's time. Mr. Sherman is frequently
guilty of this and he should desist. If you do not have any more than that
to say, then you have essentially nothing to say. Better to shut up and wait
until you accumulate something to say. The best advice I can give in this
regard is to follow my sterling example.

Most of the streets are free of ice today and I found myself thinking
about a ride on the ol' Tour Easy. I've been mostly off for two or
three months since having what seemed like a cardiac incident earlier
this fall, though tests won't be run until mid-January. I'm feeling
recovered enough that I want to do some riding now, I'll take that as
a good sign.

Mike, cardio-vascular disease is the all-American way of death. Almost
everyone I know has had a by-pass operation or an angioplasty. I myself am
looking forward to dying of a stroke, unless a heart attack gets me first of
course. I am not overweight and have taken good care of myself over the
years, but life is a crap shoot and we all of us run out of luck sooner or
later. I sometimes think only my many medications are keeping me alive. One
thing is for sure. Those who think all you have to do is ride your bike a
lot and you will be safe from sickness and death are truly crazy.

As I peruse the newspaper every day looking at all the obituaries, I am
struck by how many men are kicking off in their 60's and 70's. If we make it
to our 80's, we have won the game of life. But there are not many of us that
make it that far. When you are middle age and you feel good, you think you
will live forever, but all it takes is just one little "incident" and, lo
and behold, you are shaking hands with the grim reaper.

Yes, ride your bike. It won't hurt anything, but far more important than
that is to see your doctor, follow his advice and above all, take your g.d.
medications!

Best Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 14th 05, 06:59 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

What is a dog-ape? ... Why use a word that no one will
know what it means [sic] without looking it up in a
dictionary?

I hoped that term would not be strange to most ARBR folk,
but then I've done a crossword or two in my long life.
Tom's terse tutorial on terminology:

A dog ape [separated by a space] is a male ape.

is (typically) technically true. But I intentionally used
the hyphenated form as a clue to its alternate meaning:
the animal that looks and behaves like a hybrid of the
two types. It's also called a baboon.

The Prince of Putzes' primary persona propounds:

Note my name as an example of how a name should be:
Edward Dolan.

But... with a '3D' name, one might be misled to expect
a well-rounded intellect and personality. I've subtly
suggested 'Edgar Colon' as a better alternative - very
similar, but I think it would give the reader a much
more accurate initial impression. At least that single
'D' would be a lot more appropriate for his decidedly
one-dimensional repetitious ranting - as in:

I am a good troll... [deja vu all over again]

Does one repetition deserve another? If so:

A lie repeated's still a lie.

nget, Dullard's secondary persona insists [once more,
again... is there a pattern here?] that he (or she) is:

No ones [sic] sock puppet

With which I half-heartedly agree. Making a sock puppet
takes a modicum of time, effort and skill. I'd say nget
is more of a 'shadow puppet', such as might be produced
by faint flickering flames from a frugal fire, filtered
through fumbling fingers upon the fake photo-finish of
cheap wood paneling that probably hasn't even been dusted
for fifteen years or so.

It is interesting to note that with the exception of
three dumped in mid-morning (when it seems our imaginary
forklift operator should be hard at work), all of nget's
ARBR messages in December are time stamped within 10
minutes of similar drivel from his alter ego's... but
hey, what's a little coincidence between a couple of
doppelgangers?

Suggestion for nget's puppet master: Please devote less
time to denying the obvious, and a bit more to learning
at least the basic rudiments of quoting when posting to
Usenet via cyclingforums. Oh and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
do work on those reading skills. E.g.:

Wayne also said he would not post more poetry to this
group.

WRONG! BRAPP-PP-PP! You lose, ngoober. Unlike one poor
old paranoid, I really don't mind being paraphrased, as
long as the statement is accurate, but the nget persona
should have paid attention when his alter ego proclaimed:

I do not like it when others paraphrase me... It takes
brains to think you know what someone else has said...
It is better to let the writer speak for himself by
providing the quotation. That is what I do and that is
what I expect of others.

Yeah, yeah, we know... generic chop suey again, right?

Despite ignoring its alter ego's good advice, the nget
ngolem displayed a dollop of paranoia for it, asking:

I was just remembering last year at this time [lack of
proper punctuation sic] wasn't it then that Wayne came
out with his attack against Ed Dolan?

Actually it was early this year when Wayne, very, very
weary of TROLLish behavior, began to (sincerely) suggest
a more temperate standard for ARBR's most abrasive
poster. Oh, but a person with a serious memory defect
would have to search a bit to figure that out; when he
sees himself as having no respect or credibility at risk
for being wrong, it's much easier to just take a sloppy
shot. How nice it must be to be a mindless puppet with
no true sense of self or shame.

ARBR readers who are interested in what I'd like for us
all for Christmas this year, and who are ready for some
fairly serious prose that delineates my true feelings
about the negative effects of a perversely prolific,
selfishly irresponsible and rashly asocial antagonist
on a Usenet newsgroup (rather than more of this sort of
flippantly snippy retorts), should click he

http://www.logo-us.com/pow/arbrxmas.htm

Warmest regards and Merry Christmas,
Wayne

Old December 14th 05, 08:02 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is why
I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you think?
'Stricture' is archaic?

What is a dog-ape? ... Why use a word that no one will
know what it means [sic] without looking it up in a
dictionary?

No, I meant means. I believe I used the word correctly. It has several uses
you know. Of course I could have said ... "Why use a word that no one will
know its meaning", but it does not play like how I wanted it to play. I have
my style and you have yours.

I hoped that term would not be strange to most ARBR folk,
but then I've done a crossword or two in my long life.
Tom's terse tutorial on terminology:

A dog ape [separated by a space] is a male ape.

is (typically) technically true. But I intentionally used
the hyphenated form as a clue to its alternate meaning:
the animal that looks and behaves like a hybrid of the
two types. It's also called a baboon.

Then you should have used the word baboon and found another word to rhyme
with it. Communication is of the essence, not rhymes.

The Prince of Putzes' primary persona propounds:

Note my name as an example of how a name should be:
Edward Dolan.

But... with a '3D' name, one might be misled to expect
a well-rounded intellect and personality.

The 3 D's are all separated by other letters. They do not come together as
in your last name, Leggett. You take the prize for having a really stupid
spelling to your name. If you do not like the way people misspell it, then
get yourself a better name why don't you?
[...]

I am a good troll... [deja vu all over again]

Does one repetition deserve another? If so:

A lie repeated's still a lie.

Repetition is of the essense when dealing with morons. How else do they ever
learn anything.
[...]

Actually it was early this year when Wayne, very, very
weary of TROLLish behavior, began to (sincerely) suggest
a more temperate standard for ARBR's most abrasive
poster.

[...]

I am a good troll, but Wayne Leggett, the poet of poop, turned out to be a
bad troll. He thought he could allude to sex and **** and it would pass
unnoticed, not realizing that there are some standards here on ARBR thanks
to the influence of Ed Dolan.
[...]

ARBR readers who are interested in what I'd like for us
all for Christmas this year, and who are ready for some
fairly serious prose that delineates my true feelings
about the negative effects of a perversely prolific,
selfishly irresponsible and rashly asocial antagonist
on a Usenet newsgroup (rather than more of this sort of
flippantly snippy retorts), should click he

By all means go to his blog, ever the province of scum bags, scoundrels and
knaves.

Does anyone but me get the feeling that Wayne Leggett is constantly
resorting to freakish words to impress others by his vocabulary.
Unfortunately for him, it is having just the opposite effect. It is
something that is done by the half educated who think they have to use big
and/or odd words to convince others that they are not really as dumb as they
know themselves to be.

I urge Wayne to emulate the Great Ed Dolan. Mr. Dolan is a highly educated
person who knows how to use language without putting on a show of it. It is
a matter of good taste. You either have it or you don't - and it is very
difficult to learn. It is mostly a by-product of good breeding and a
cultured home life. Wayne would have to go to a finishing school to get up
to speed.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 14th 05, 08:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

LoGo USA Wrote:
[...]

And because this place is unmoderated you Wayne can come on here and
call me a ngoober. You at this time are the biggest name caller ever to
post here. I defend your right to speak your mind without censorship.
Who is polishing your jack-boots these days?
Nothing up my sleeve,
Mark

--
nget

Old December 14th 05, 09:18 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"nget" wrote in message
[...]
And because this place is unmoderated you Wayne can come on here and
call me a ngoober. You at this time are the biggest name caller ever to
post here. I defend your right to speak your mind without censorship.
Who is polishing your jack-boots these days?
Nothing up my sleeve,
Mark

nget

Wayne has never gotten over you calling him the Poet of Poop. I wish I had
thought of that! I am never that inspired although I try to be as equally as
truthful in my own inimitable manner.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 15th 05, 12:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

LoGo USA aka Wayne Leggett wrote with excessive alliteration:
Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:...

The Onanists have their own website:
http://www.onan.com/onan/index.jsp.

Oh, you mean the Old Testament Onan? Then
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_09.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 15th 05, 12:38 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is why
I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you think?...

Onan's sin was coitus interruptus to avoid impregnation of his
sister-in-law, not masturbation. See
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_01.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 15th 05, 03:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"LoGo USA" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hey again -

Gee, I thought 'disingenuously' would be the word that
had folks saying "Huh?" But, no... Dullard's primary
persona (he who so often subjects his constipated little
mind to stringent voluntary peristalsis to plop out
archaic words like 'onanist' and 'stricture') piped up:

I knew a two bit poet like you would know all about onanism, so that is
why
I used it. It sure sounds better than masturbating moron, don't you
think?...

Onan's sin was coitus interruptus to avoid impregnation of his
sister-in-law, not masturbation. See
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/er_and_onan/gn38_01.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

In as much as sex is nothing but mutual masturbation anyway, I do not see
that it is a difference that matters. It is the goal that matters and since
the only purpose of sex is procreation, anyone who is doing anything in that
field without that goal in mind is clearly demented and depraved, besides
being a scum bucket, a scoundrel and a knave. Wayne Leggett, the poet of
ARBR, will know all about this of course.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota