Smoking Pot and Cycling

Old March 16th 06, 03:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Smoking Pot and Cycling

RonSonic wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 20:16:53 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 22:06:27 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
[...]
Fox is a third tier cable channel, not the voice of anyone's
government. All
they have to do is not be nastier than the crap on comedy
central. I don't
recommend you get your news or opinions from shouting heads.

As to your comment on Fox News, it is not quite what you say it
is. There is
the commentary which I will admit is mostly shouting heads these
days, and then there is the straight news programs. They are two
separate and distinct
formats. I do not ever confuse one with the other and I don't
think anyone else does either.

I gave up on finding straight news on Fox. They do very little of
it.

The best commentary in the world is O'Reilly. He makes liberals look
like the jackasses that they are.

As to Rush Limbaugh, yes he is primarily an entertainer, but you
can learn an awful lot about politics by following him. I think he
is just great when
I agree with him and then I think he is a nut when I disagree with
him.

Rush makes me cringe most when he agrees with me.

That is because you are a liberal. The only cure for it is to die
and go to Hell. So why don't you?

Actually, I am a liberal. A good old fashioned Truman / Kennedy style
Red-Hating, help a brother out, honest to God (whom I love) born in
America (which I also love) liberal. Ronald Reagan belonged to the
same tradition.

And I wish that all the America-hating screeching moonbat
crypto-commy asshats would all curl up and die so we can have our
****ing country back.

I am "conservative" on approximately four issues. Those issues are
completely non-negotiable and are completely compatible with the
American Liberal Tradition before that name and tradition was
hijacked by a bunch of frauds, liars, commies and weirdos.

Whaddya /really/ think?

Old March 16th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

RonSonic wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 01:41:29 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

RonSonic wrote:

Soon enough there will be a reaction among mainstream liberal
America to shun the extremists and moonbats, the Democrat party
will either disappear or realign and sanity will again prevail.

Ron

I was going to stay out of this one but you consider the Bush
administration SANE? An administration controlled by so called 'Born
again' Christian fanatics will have us in a holy war with the Muslims
forever. Are we at war with Iraq and terrorists or just
Muslims/Islams, Sunnies/Shiites, or who. The Muslims are murdering
people, actually trying to commit genocide in Africa by wiping out
the blacks and taking over their countries. Leaders are begging for
help and Bush is totally ignoring them. Something is totally whacked
in Washington.

Let me get this straight.

You are afraid of a holy war with Islam.

There is an Islamic genocide in Sudan

You criticize the President for not diving into that fray.

Yet you accuse him of wanting a holy war.

Yet he's wrong for not accepting this opportunity to engage.

I'm sorry this is hard to follow.

Ron

First of all, Ron, shouldn't you be in one of those New Government-Mandated
Bible Studies, instead of engaging in Open Dialogue on your Personal
Computer?

I'd stick around for an answer, but I have to participate in a New
Government-Sponsored Intervention on a Misguided Homosexual Couple who live
in my town. ("We'll set 'em straight!")

Gotta go. I'm dropping off doughnuts at the Local Federal Wiretapping
Office so those White Guys In White Shirts don't go hungry Protecting Us
From Us.

Oppressed Bill

Old March 16th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

RonSonic wrote:

Soon enough there will be a reaction among mainstream liberal America to shun
the extremists and moonbats, the Democrat party will either disappear or realign
and sanity will again prevail.

Ron

I was going to stay out of this one but you consider the Bush
administration SANE? An administration controlled by so called 'Born
again' Christian fanatics will have us in a holy war with the Muslims
forever. Are we at war with Iraq and terrorists or just Muslims/Islams,
Sunnies/Shiites, or who. The Muslims are murdering people, actually
trying to commit genocide in Africa by wiping out the blacks and taking
over their countries. Leaders are begging for help and Bush is totally
ignoring them. Something is totally whacked in Washington.

Let me get this straight.

You are afraid of a holy war with Islam.

Not hardly, if we can't nuke em we can nerve gas all of them since the
Geneva convention is way out of date and the UN holds no real power.

There is an Islamic genocide in Sudan

Muslim genocide of blacks if you would pay attention to the news. Makes
what happened in Rwanda look trivial. I won't even say anything about
Somalia.

You criticize the President for not diving into that fray.

He claims to want to help human rights.

Yet you accuse him of wanting a holy war.

Blessed be the oil, and even better if a Bush supported pseudo-democracy
is in control. We could just annex the oil fields as a United States
territory as payback for all the trouble, but again that would lead to
more **** hitting the fan.

Yet he's wrong for not accepting this opportunity to engage.

Yes, people are being slaughtered and he could care less because the
nation has nothing to offer.

I'm sorry this is hard to follow.

For you maybe. I have given up on your ability to reason.
Bill

Ron

Old March 16th 06, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"RonSonic" wrote in message
[...]
Actually, I am a liberal. A good old fashioned Truman / Kennedy style
Red-Hating, help a brother out, honest to God (whom I love) born in
America
(which I also love) liberal. Ronald Reagan belonged to the same tradition.

And I wish that all the America-hating screeching moonbat crypto-commy
asshats
would all curl up and die so we can have our ****ing country back.

I am "conservative" on approximately four issues. Those issues are
completely
non-negotiable and are completely compatible with the American Liberal
Tradition
before that name and tradition was hijacked by a bunch of frauds, liars,
commies
and weirdos.

What are those 4 issues?

Ron and I are not too far apart I suspect. The Dems have got to get right on
the national security issues. For them to forfeit these issues to the Repubs
for short term political gain borders on insanity.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 17th 06, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

RonSonic wrote:

[...]

The latter part is true. It has no moral authority either.

There is an Islamic genocide in Sudan

Muslim genocide of blacks if you would pay attention to the news. Makes
what happened in Rwanda look trivial. I won't even say anything about
Somalia.

You criticize the President for not diving into that fray.

He claims to want to help human rights.

So we should go to war? But you keep complaining that we shouldn't do that.

Yet you accuse him of wanting a holy war.

Blessed be the oil, and even better if a Bush supported pseudo-democracy
is in control. We could just annex the oil fields as a United States
territory as payback for all the trouble, but again that would lead to
more **** hitting the fan.

I thought you said we could just nuke and gas 'em?

Yet he's wrong for not accepting this opportunity to engage.

Yes, people are being slaughtered and he could care less because the
nation has nothing to offer.

They've got oil! That's usually given as one of the reasons for the
depopulation. But you said we invade for oil.

I'm sorry this is hard to follow.

For you maybe. I have given up on your ability to reason.

Reason and following your train of thought are very different things.

Ron
Old March 17th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

RonSonic wrote:

[...]

Back at you. I just want this thread to die.
Besides, I did say Nitrous Oxide so they could laugh themselves to death
painlessly. Have you "EVER" seen a Muslim actually laugh?
Bill
Old March 17th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
om...

RonSonic wrote:

[...]

So you started a political thread? That was smart

Old March 17th 06, 01:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:57:09 -0600, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
.. .
[...]
Actually, I am a liberal. A good old fashioned Truman / Kennedy style
Red-Hating, help a brother out, honest to God (whom I love) born in
America
(which I also love) liberal. Ronald Reagan belonged to the same tradition.

And I wish that all the America-hating screeching moonbat crypto-commy
asshats
would all curl up and die so we can have our ****ing country back.

I am "conservative" on approximately four issues. Those issues are
completely
non-negotiable and are completely compatible with the American Liberal
Tradition
before that name and tradition was hijacked by a bunch of frauds, liars,
commies
and weirdos.

What are those 4 issues?

That's approximately, and in no particular order...

My opposition to abortion is considered conservative for some reason. I would
think that consigning such crude and barbaric practice to the footnotes of
history was a progressive sort of position to take, but apparently I'm mistaken.

This country, its people and its system of governance are, despite the obvious
flaws (mostly failures that are common throughout humanity - who is so arrogant
as to think we could invent any new great vice) is the best and deserves
defense. Yes, America is special - exceptional, even and deserves our service
and sacrifice to its preservation and defense. Oddly enough, this is considered
a conservative thought.

Property rights and the rule of impartial law are essential to our prosperity
and continued peace and order. Again, it is curious that believing that one has
a right to keep and use his property as he sees fit and be treated exactly like
others before the law is not considered liberal. Neither is the right of a free
man in a free country to keep personal weaponry regardless of class or race. I
can't think of a more liberal idea, myself.

The failed fraud of Marx and Engels has no place in this country. Karl Marx said
it himself in Das Kapital. It is even more true now than in his time.

Our Constitution assures a freedom to worship, not a freedom from worship. We
are truly blessed in ways that nothing short of living in Haiti will make clear
and it is well to remember that. Even if you have no god, take a moment to
consider your good fortune and perhaps you'll know why those who do are so quick
to praise Him.

Ron and I are not too far apart I suspect. The Dems have got to get right on
the national security issues. For them to forfeit these issues to the Repubs
for short term political gain borders on insanity.

You, me and the overwhelming majority of Americans are not all that far apart.
There are some deep and difficult disagreements that will likely have to remain,
but most of us agree on most issues.

Ron
Old March 17th 06, 08:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mark Leuck wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
om...

[...]

Also not intentional at all.
Bill
Old March 17th 06, 08:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

RonSonic wrote:
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 14:57:09 -0600, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

[...]

I agree. We have some philosophical differences but no 2 people agree
totally on every thing.
Bill