Summer Bugs

Old April 17th 06, 02:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.backcountry

Default Summer Bugs

Edward Dolan wrote:

I have noted of late that NYC is getting much more discriminating in his
selection of newsgroups to post to. This is all to the good and I urge him
to stay with ARBR especially. We are a very small newsgroup need all the
members we can get.

Yes, I say we shanghai other newsgroups plant the recumbent bug in 'em!

Hmmm ... that rec.backcountry seems like it would be an interesting group. I
wonder if they need my ministrations?

If you like a matching pair of black eyes -- some of these people are
probably MN Hmong hunters!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 17th 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.backcountry

In article ,
Edward Dolan wrote:
to stay with ARBR especially.

Hmmm, I rode my recumbent into work.

Hmmm ... that rec.backcountry seems like it would be an interesting group. I
wonder if they need my ministrations?

Depends on your net.species.

Slurp.

Followups reduced.

Old April 18th 06, 01:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.backcountry

Default ARBR gone wild [was: Summer Bugs]

"Eugene Miya" wrote
in message news:4443d4c7$1@darkstar...

ARBR is not the same with/without you.

In article ,
Edward Dolan wrote:
to stay with ARBR especially.

Hmmm, I rode my recumbent into work.

More than the Dolan's done in years on both accounts,
so it seems.

Do you still have the Stratus?

Hmmm ... that rec.backcountry seems like it would be an
interesting group. I wonder if they need my ministrations?

Depends on your net.species.

Slurp.

Junk food. Moderation. The tasty bits are gone already
anyway...

For many of us in ARBR, noodling for bottom feeders
has no further appeal.

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Old April 18th 06, 04:57 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.backcountry

Ed wrote:

There are even flies and mosquitoes buzzing about
the house.

Ed:

A good scrub of your body will reduce the flies - perhaps with a
scotch-brite pad and heavy duty cleanser.

And if you were to die, you would no longer attract the mosquitos.

;-)

D'ohBoy

Old April 18th 06, 06:27 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.backcountry

Default ARBR gone wild

In article ,
Jon Meinecke wrote:
ARBR is not the same with/without you.

I never knew it existed.
Too many groups to monitor.

my recumbent into work.

More than the Dolan's done in years on both accounts,
so it seems.

Do you still have the Stratus?

Yes. That's the "to work in the rain" bike.
I rode the Trek in today. And likely the the rest of the week.
I did see another recumb over the weekend on a bike path.
Not a Rans.

Hmmm ... that rec.backcountry seems like it would be an
interesting group. I wonder if they need my ministrations?

Depends on your net.species.
Slurp.

Junk food. Moderation. The tasty bits are gone already anyway...
For many of us in ARBR, noodling for bottom feeders
has no further appeal.

Noodles can be good.

Old April 19th 06, 05:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Remember the anteater in B.C.? When he sucked up the ants the noise was
something like "Zoot"?

Believe the sound the large (non stinging, thank God) bug that went up
my right nostril Saturday at approximately 28 mph made a sound more
like "Zok". Only downside I can see to bent riding so far, the nostrils
are upright and wide open for insect intruders.

Maybe we should devise a sort of bug screen that would hang in front of
the helmet and still let the air through?

--
Hull 697

Creatively retired

Old April 19th 06, 06:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.backcountry

[newsgroups trimmed]

"Eugene Miya" wrote
Jon Meinecke wrote:
ARBR is not the same with/without you.

I never knew it existed.
Too many groups to monitor.

ARBR fauna are less numerous now, perhaps. We have our
Grosses to bear. %^)

Do you still have the Stratus?

Yes. That's the "to work in the rain" bike.
I rode the Trek in today. And likely the the rest of the week.
I did see another recumb over the weekend on a bike path.
Not a Rans.

I've grown my stable to three. The TourEasy is my rain-bike
choice,-- it's the only one with fenders. The windscreen helps,
too.

For many of us in ARBR, noodling for bottom feeders
has no further appeal.

Noodles can be good.

As a fishing technique, effective for catfish, though some might
call noodling unsavory as a practice. Figuratively, a common
method when trolling for Dolan here.

--

r.b content:

I just finished the _Blue Bear_, by Lynn Schooler, ISBN: 0060098554.
Story of a guide in Alaska and a Japanese photographer over many
years and outings. Have you read it?

Jon Meinecke

Old April 19th 06, 07:31 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.backcountry

In article ,
Jon Meinecke wrote:
ARBR is not the same with/without you.

"Eugene Miya" wrote
I never knew it existed.
Too many groups to monitor.

ARBR fauna are less numerous now, perhaps. We have our Grosses to bear. %^)

Naw, Bob is largely harmless. He hasn't fully figured out the net
(but who has?).

Do you still have the Stratus?

Yes. That's the "to work in the rain" bike.

I've grown my stable to three. The TourEasy is my rain-bike
choice,-- it's the only one with fenders. The windscreen helps,
too.

I debated the wind screen. I drove today. I have to give a polar
talk this evening.

For many of us in ARBR, noodling for bottom feeders
has no further appeal.

Noodles can be good.

As a fishing technique, effective for catfish, though some might
call noodling unsavory as a practice. Figuratively, a common
method when trolling for Dolan here.

Well, I don't mind fishing with explosives. I'm not one of these catch
and release guys normally. Work has me troll for bigger things.

r.b content:
I just finished the _Blue Bear_, by Lynn Schooler, ISBN: 0060098554.
Story of a guide in Alaska and a Japanese photographer over many
years and outings. Have you read it?

No.
I'm a book reviews editor Jon, I just got 3 book in the mail for "free"
just asking for reviews (do you know anything about diffusion through
porous media? yours just for 2-3 pages, god knows who I am going to find
for a reviewer for a part of Knuth vol. 4 {Don non-intentionally
intimidates every one [he's that thorough]}). People send trade copies
to me all the time to curry favor. The person to ask about bears was my
classmate Hillary or maybe the Craighead brothers. Or Herrero.
See why it take me so long to get through Hillerman? 8^)

Old April 19th 06, 08:46 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
. ..
[...]
As a fishing technique, effective for catfish, though some might
call noodling unsavory as a practice. Figuratively, a common
method when trolling for Dolan here.

No one, but no one, can troll the Great Ed Dolan. On the other hand, I can
easily troll all the suckers and bottom feeders who infest ARBR.

Apparently Meinecke stays current on this newsgroup although he never makes
any contributions to it anymore. Well, he will learn some wit and wisdom
simply by reading what Ed Dolan the Great writes to this miserable
newsgroup, otherwise known as ARBR.

Meinecke was one of the main things that was wrong with this group when push
came to shove. When a criminal vandal troll showed up here (Ed Gin), all he
knew how to do was to run and hide like the cowardly weasel that he is. He
does not have a clue about what destroyed this group. It takes talent to be
as dense as he ever proves himself to be. I attribute his density to his
Germanic racial traits.

Old April 19th 06, 09:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
. ..
[...]
Trollers here do it ham-handed, mostly. Poor technique,
no finese, noise only.

Finesse is wasted on this newsgroup. It is most especially wasted on Jon
Meinecke, who has ever proven himself to be a weasel. Do weasels even have
any sophistication? All Meinecke is good for is posting his cryptic nonsense
and then running and hiding from those who would answer him. He did that
with Ed Gin, the ONLY troll this newsgroup has ever had, and he does it with
the Great Ed Dolan too.

Of all the vices, cowardice is the most despicable. I will take a JimmyMac
and a Tom Sherman any day to a weasel like Jon Meinecke. Screw it! I will
even take ******s like Flabby to a Jon Meinecke.

Summer Bugs NYC XYZ General 40 May 24th 06 07:07 PM
SUMMER INTERNSHIP - CHICAGO BIKEWAYS [email protected] Techniques 1 January 13th 06 08:07 AM
Indian Summer on the Continental Divide aspenmike Unicycling 5 October 24th 05 09:50 PM
Super Summer Riding Shaping up... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 1 April 15th 04 07:31 PM
Bugs & helmet color Mike Jacoubowsky General 7 March 9th 04 11:36 PM