Viable transport?

Old July 11th 13, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_3_]

Default Viable transport?

......... suffering a puncture close to the windmill on Lytham Green.
He changed his tyre at the roadside only to realise his spare inner tube had
been stolen, and within 400 yards, realised an emergency patch-up had
failed.

Graham started pushing his bike back to the nearest bus stop part-way
between Lytham and Freckleton.

But when a Stagecoach bus arrived at the stop, his day went from bad to
worse.

"I told him I could easily take the front and back wheels off so the bike
was the equivalent of hand luggage - and could have done that quicker than
you could dismantle a pram.

"But he just barked back at me that a bike wasn't allowed. He wasn't
prepared to listen to me.

"I was livid, and decided I needed to walk the 14 miles home to calm down."

Good grief, what sort of state are these cyclists in? Surely he could have
called the AA (or the equivalent for bicycles) or just got a taxi, many will
take wheelchairs nowadays, so a bicycle would be easy. or just phone a
friend, but perhaps he is cycling Billy no mates.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/ne...snub-1-5843205

Old July 11th 13, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Thursday, 11 July 2013 12:37:24 UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
........ suffering a puncture close to the windmill on Lytham Green.

http://vimeo.com/25920756

Non-viable transport news [email protected] UK 131 July 5th 13 02:35 PM
Viable transport Mrcheerful[_3_] UK 4 December 4th 12 08:07 PM
Why bikes are a viable form of transport Tony Raven[_3_] UK 33 November 21st 10 01:23 AM
Another non-viable form of transport. Simon Mason UK 91 November 19th 10 01:58 AM
Not a viable means of transport Tony Raven[_3_] UK 21 October 11th 10 08:37 AM