Making the most of the weather

Old April 24th 04, 06:34 PM
Tony Raven

Default Making the most of the weather

Now, peeps, can anyone tell me what those two hairy, pale and pasty
things I noticed were? They were positioned in about the same area
where my "longs" normally are.

.jpgs!

Presumably short for James' pegs ;-)

Tony

Old April 24th 04, 06:36 PM
James Hodson

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:13:53 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

Just been to el-cheapo red wine and PC mag. shop and back AND WORE
SHORTS.

Anything over 10 deg C and I will wear shorts. Today was the first day this
year when I only had one top layer (Gore jersey) going to work at 0700.

I'm well aware of that, Simon. However, I'm an all or nothing so of
guy.

It's not so much the cold that puts me off - I used to ski an awful
lot so I'm used to the cold as long as it's a "dry" cold. Rather, it's
the damp that comes with it in this green and pleasant land.

By "nothing" in "all or nothing" I mean all not a huge lot of
clothing. Helen really would ask for JPEGs if I really wore nothing.
And she might well regret asking!

For me, cycling in winter is something I have to do; I try to enjoy it
despite the circumstances. Riding in the sort of weather we had last
summer is an absolute joy. I'm sure I'd like winter riding if I owned
more appropriate cold-weather clothing but I don't.

BTW, Simon, is http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ working OK for you? I
receive the frame on the left but the major frame is blank. It's
probably a far too serious firewall set up.

James
Old April 24th 04, 06:52 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Helen really would ask for JPEGs if I really wore nothing.

No comment ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old April 24th 04, 07:03 PM
Simon Mason

"
BTW, Simon, is http://www.xcweather.co.uk/ working OK for you? I
receive the frame on the left but the major frame is blank. It's
probably a far too serious firewall set up.

It's been OK all day. Had it up at work and it showed 0 mph all shift and
now at home it shows 2 mph E which would have been a backwind when I left
work at 1600. The main page *does* take time to load anyway and reloads
automatically every minute I think.

Simon M.

Old April 24th 04, 07:15 PM
James Hodson

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 18:34:05 +0100, "Tony Raven"
wrote:

Presumably short for James' pegs ;-)

Tony

May I keep that one for future use?

James
Old April 24th 04, 07:16 PM
James Hodson

On 24 Apr 2004 17:52:55 GMT, omcom
(dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote:

No comment ;-)

I've already mentioned the horrendous
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/2X1-01a.jpg

James
Old April 24th 04, 07:44 PM
gemarc

Out in the Peak District yesterday around ladybower and Derwent reserviors sun out looked great (the scenery not me

Old April 24th 04, 08:15 PM
James Hodson

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 19:03:33 +0100, "Simon Mason"
wrote:

It's been OK all day. Had it up at work and it showed 0 mph all shift and
now at home it shows 2 mph E which would have been a backwind when I left
work at 1600. The main page *does* take time to load anyway and reloads
automatically every minute I think.

OK, Simon. Maybe I'm just being too impatient. XC used to load in a
second or two. However, I am receiving a "Done but error on page"
message.

James
Old April 24th 04, 08:50 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

I've already mentioned the horrendous
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.butty/2X1-01a.jpg

James

James - you are wearing lots of clothes in that one. So it's safe for all to
see ;-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $