To the <10 people still here

Old February 3rd 05, 06:08 AM
Freewheeling

OK, OK... that was my last decapitation joke. Well, my last terrorist joke
in general. Not that it was funny, which of course it wasn't. Of course
not.

Well, although it's not especially on topic at least this is a different
topic. I'm apparently cursed because the only alcoholic beverage I can
tolerate (apart from a glass of very dry wine once in awhile, which usually
gives me a headache) is beer. And beer makes me fat. It doesn't just make
me fat, it makes me *feel* fat, so I don't even get the benefit of a decent
delusion. Plus it's not really nearly as tastie as lemonade. And no, I'm
not gonna drink that brewed stuff that tastes like lemonade because *it's
not freakin' lemonade." It has to be satanic, because lemonade is mixed not
brewed. And, of course, it generally won't get you plastered.

Some people are just doomed to be sober.

Are h*lm*ts off topic too? Not that I give a hoot about h*lm*ts. I've
pretty much had the same h*lm*t for 15 years. Longer than I've had most of
my underwear, in fact. (Not that I actually wear underwear, or anything.)

God, one really has to work at this insobriety if you can't achieve it
through drink. I'm doomed.
--
--Scott
"Freewheeling" wrote in message
Count me in, or as Zarqawi's first lieutenant said to him recently in
Mosul "You have my vote, sir," which, for some reason, didn't strike the
psychopath as either properly deferential or funny, so he promptly chopped
the guy's head off with a can opener. So, you know... some can take a
joke, and some can't.

--
--Scott
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars
and regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until
it dies completely?

--
Tom "Guilty in the past" Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 06:19 AM
G. Morgan

Subject: To the 10 people still here
Newsgroup: alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
= Freewheeling = wrote:

OK, OK... that was my last decapitation joke. Well, my last terrorist joke
in general. Not that it was funny, which of course it wasn't. Of course
not.

Yes it was.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email
Old February 3rd 05, 06:40 AM

And one more thing. You are forever referring to flame war participants who
don't use their presumed real name as "cowards". Have you called your
Chicago pal a coward yet? Conversely have you ever referred to Ed Dolan as
brave for using his real name?

skip
Old February 3rd 05, 07:54 AM
Mark Leuck

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars
and regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until
it dies completely?

--
Tom "Guilty in the past" Sherman - Earth

It really wouldn't die no matter what anyone does, instead it ebbs and flows

Old February 3rd 05, 11:20 AM
Tom Sherman

Ben Fox wrote:

Tom,

I liked the trike,but got tired of getting passed by normally slower riders
on 2 wheels.

While I have no intention of selling my Dragonflyer at this point, it is
not what I choose for faster paced rides. With a few notable exceptions,
most find trikes slower overall than single-track recumbents. However,
I think I would be faster overall on the Dragonflyer than any of my
bikes if the roads were really rough, unpaved, or snow/ice covered.

I bought a used V2 ,[just like the one I had and sold a couple years
earlier]. I updated the bars , riser and fairing.

I have 2 tail soks for it and a body sok . I think I've found the bike I'll
keep,I seem to be fastest on it and the P-38 ,which I sold last year.

I only have the V2 now.

I would probably be riding an RANS V^2 (or Formula) with a bodysock if I
lived in a house and/or owned a van. LWB bikes are much more difficult
to get in and out of apartments and small vehicle than a very small bike
such as the Earth Cycles Sunset. I find removing the front fairing,
bodysock, and seat for transport to be enough of an aggravation that I
will choose I bike I can simply throw into a vehicle.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 11:46 AM
Tom Sherman

Freewheeling wrote:

Well, although it's not especially on topic at least this is a different
topic. I'm apparently cursed because the only alcoholic beverage I can
tolerate (apart from a glass of very dry wine once in awhile, which usually
gives me a headache) is beer. And beer makes me fat. It doesn't just make
me fat, it makes me *feel* fat, so I don't even get the benefit of a decent
delusion. Plus it's not really nearly as tastie as lemonade. And no, I'm
not gonna drink that brewed stuff that tastes like lemonade because *it's
not freakin' lemonade." It has to be satanic, because lemonade is mixed not
brewed. And, of course, it generally won't get you plastered....

Odd. Usually it is beer and wine that cause headaches, not distilled
liquor. Neither is a good choice to drink while riding - I think the
cyclists that drink beer on RAGBRAI must spend most of the time riding
in an air conditioned team bus, or they would end up in the hospitals
with dehydration and/or heat exhaustion.

Some people are just doomed to be sober.

Are h*lm*ts off topic too? Not that I give a hoot about h*lm*ts. I've
pretty much had the same h*lm*t for 15 years. Longer than I've had most of
my underwear, in fact. (Not that I actually wear underwear, or anything.)...

H*lm*t discussions are fine as long as they are cross-posted to every
"wreck.bicycles" group. That way the same few people can trot out the
same arguments they have used in every other h*lm*t discussion since the
dawn of Usenet.

God, one really has to work at this insobriety if you can't achieve it
through drink. I'm doomed.

Does God respond to posts made in alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent?

--
Tom Sherman - Earth

Old February 3rd 05, 12:36 PM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
If I refrain from all political comments, will the other semi-regulars and
regulars join me, or do you insist on ****ing on the newsgroup until it
dies completely?

The only one ****ing on the group is Ed Gin. His posts are not responsive.
Mine always are (except to Ed Gin of course). It was not political
commentary or being off topic that has got us where we are. It is a ****
head by the name of Ed Gin who has got us where we are. But hey, you do not
care about that, then neither do I.

But who the hell cares what you think about anything anymore. You have lost
all credibility as the conscience of ARBR.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 3rd 05, 01:19 PM
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

And one more thing. You are forever referring to flame war participants
who
don't use their presumed real name as "cowards". Have you called your
Chicago pal a coward yet? Conversely have you ever referred to Ed Dolan
as
brave for using his real name?

Mr. Sherman only knows how to suck ass and ingratiate himself to bullies and
**** heads like Ed Gin. Mr. Sherman is a bully himself, like his mentor Ed
Gin, and only he only takes on those who he knows he can brow beat. I always
suspected Mr.Sherman had a screw loose, but I hadn't relaized what a coward
and a suck ass he is.

"Johnny NoCom" is not really a typical flame war participant, since fake
"spam" falls under a different category. He/she is not really arguing over
any matter of substance.

Using an imaginary identity is perfectly fine if the objective is humor
(e.g. Fabrizio Mazzoleni) - I must say that "Johnny NoCom" has a ways to
go to match Fabby in humor, and the repetitive posts are merely annoying.

There is no humor to what Ed Gin is doing on this newsgroup. He is ****ing
on it pure and simple.You are an idiot not to see it that way.

The repetitive posts are not just merely annoying. It is what destroys a
newsgroup. You are an idiot not to see it that way.

If he wanted to post his crap on a few threads of his own, that is one
thing, But when he interleaves his posts on other threads having nothing to
do with him or his ****, then that is nothing but destructive. You are an
idiot not to see it that way.

Using multiple imaginary identities is not fine. It is merely a way of
avoiding responsibility for what you are saying. You are an idiot not to see
it that way.

Ed Gin's objective is not humor. He is too stupid for humor. His objective
is to destroy the group. You are an idiot not to see it that way.

Ed Gin is arguing over substance. The substance under discussion is the
viability of the newsgroup and how we are going to react to his ****. The
fake spam is his method of attack. We can't all be cowards like you. You are
an idiot not to see it that way.

You need to take your ****ing sense of humor and stuff it up your ass. You
are an idiot not to see it that way.

But since Mr. Sherman does not care about this group and won't defend it,
then why should I. Enjoy the battle of the two Ed's. One thing is for su
there will not be any newbies coming to ARBR from now on if the battle
continues. There will just be the 10 of you left and you will soon run out
of things to say to one another. But that is what happens when you won't
defend yourselves. You are all idiots not to see it that way.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota