The New ARBR

Old February 10th 05, 10:52 PM
Edward Dolan

wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this

group.

I noticed that has been going on starting when you decided to troll the
group with your non-recumbent troll posts! Do you mean this is the
first time you noticed there are not any newbies? Not very observant
are you!

Poor Perry still does not know what troll is. Ed Gin is a troll. I am not a
troll. Ed Gin and I are at opposite extremes. Why don't you study our
respective posts and maybe learn how to distinguish a troll from someone who
is merely contentious and argumentative.

That
is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and

let it
happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they

can be
to a newsgroup.

Ed Gin just finished what you started a year and a half ago!

YOU and Ed Gin are trolls!

See my above statement.

Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says

he was
here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn

about the
group.

He cares a little more about the group than you do!

Nonsense, he would not defend the group against a criminal type like Ed Gin.
I have also noted your absence in all of this too. So far you have called Ed
Gin a troll. Is that it?

Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what
you get.

Yes, Ed, we got you! All you defended was your trolling!

Did you notice that Ed Gin was just trolling you, and you fell for it
hook, line and sinker?

Ed Gin acted like a criminal on this group from day one. You are an
incredibly stupid person not to see the difference between Ed Gin and Ed
Dolan. Ed Gin is a parrot; Ed Dolan is ... Great!

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 10th 05, 11:33 PM

Dan B.

An interesting observation and more likely than not a valid one too,
but the analysis of forged email header information and the violation
of acceptable use poilicy likely had much to do with cessation of
posts. The timing of the two is more than coincidental. You're right
though about this silliness taking on a life of its own sort of like a
snowball rolling down hill taking on both mass and momentum as it rolls
on down. Don't worry though ... it'll all be over soon. These things
don't last forever.

Jim McNamara

Old February 10th 05, 11:42 PM
Edward Dolan

"Dan B." wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
The amusing part is how successful Johnny NoComm's trolling efforts
actually were...it's been, what, three or four days(?) since his last
set of posts, and almost all new posts are STILL relating to this
silliness.

Now that's economy of effort on his part...he doesn't even need to keep
feeding the flame anymore, but the squabble rolls on under its own
weight.

Dan

Dan, if Ed Gin stole your identity and then posted scurrilous **** under
your name, I believe you would not be so removed from it all. Anyone could
easily do to you what Ed Gin does to others. Ed Gin is a criminal type of
troll. What passes for innocent trolling like Fabrizzio is not in the same
category as what Ed Gin does. You have to be a dunderhead like Tom Sherman
to equate the two. It is really strange that you cannot make these
elementary distinctions.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 11th 05, 12:04 AM
Dan B.

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Dan B." wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
[...]

Mr. Dolan,

While I certainly understand your outrage, my contention is that his
primary goal was not to fool others as to your words (the writing
styles are far too different for almost anyone to mistake his writing
for yours); instead, he simply wished to create as much sound and fury
as possible. In that respect, he has succeeded.

I do not believe the recent trollings were innocent; I merely disagree
with you on the best method with which to deal with them. Battles are
rarely won by giving the enemy what he wants. Monseigneur NoComm wants
attention and to provoke outrage...why give him what he craves?

Dan

Old February 11th 05, 12:22 AM
Edward Dolan

"Dan B." wrote in message
ups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Dan B." wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]
[...]

I agree with you Dan. I am merely having a final flame-out here on ARBR
before I leave for good.

Let us at least agree to stop this NoCom business. We are dealing with a
character whose name is Ed Gin. Only a coward and a fool like Tom Sherman
believes otherwise. He is the strangest duck of all. Ed Gin is nothing short
of a criminal. Who cares about him. But I have never understood cowards.
Courage is the greatest of all the virtues because it makes possible all the
other virtues. Too bad Tom Sherman can't see this most elementary rule of
life.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old February 11th 05, 03:17 PM
Tim

In article , Edward Dolan wrote:
Anyone but me notice the complete absence of any newbies to this group. That
is what Ed Gin has accomplished and the rest of you just sat by and let it
happen. Now you finally know what a troll is and how destructive they can be
to a newsgroup. Enjoy your new newsgroup, thanks to Ed Gin. Also, be sure to
thank Mr.Tom Sherman too who did nothing to defend the group. He says he was
here for 5 years and yet in the final anyalsis did not give a damn about the
group. Only Jim McNamara and I defended the group. You all deserve what you
get.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

*sigh* Yes there are newbies. I'm one, having been lurking for a
couple of weeks hoping to be able to listen and learn.

This is the first group I've visited in nine years where I've had
to killfile a number of people *within days* of subscribing to try to
bring the ratio of signal to noise within acceptible limits.

Google's archive suggests this group has been a great source for
information and informed discussion. It still seems to be with filters
in place.

Nasty repetitive posts do nothing for a group and if I'd not
seen "Leif"'s reply I'd have been happily unaware of your post. I think
I'm losing little of value by filtering your posts as well as those
posted by "Ed Gin".

Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
about recumbents.
--
Tim.
Old February 11th 05, 03:36 PM
Jon Meinecke

"Tim" wrote

Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
SWB USS?

Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
about recumbents.

Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
'friendly' like the old...

Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Old February 11th 05, 04:51 PM
Tim

In article 1108135894.b87c7d386a838ef797351bd4c650247a@teran ews, Jon Meinecke wrote:
"Tim" wrote

Dinsdale? Dinsdale...

"Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
up to eight hundred yards long." No more Monty Python, I promise

What sort of recumbent bikes do hedgehogs prefer? %^)
SWB USS?

I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine. Since this is a
toe in the water from the realm of mountain biking I'm hoping to learn
what other directions I should be looking in.

Hey ho, back to lurking and hopefully in time learning more
about recumbents.

Welcome! Don't just lurk. Post questions, reply to others,
raise the signal to make the "New ARBR" more 'useful' and
'friendly' like the old...

Continue to ignore the newsgroup abusers and vandals.

Many thanks for the friendly welcomer. Once I have some sensible
question to ask I shall be sure to ask them here!

--
Tim.
Old February 11th 05, 05:43 PM
Jon Meinecke

"Tim" wrote

"Normally Spiny Norman was wont to be about twelve feet from
snout to tail, but when Dinsdale was depressed Norman could be anything
up to eight hundred yards long."

"Dinsdale was a looney, but he was a happy looney. Lucky bugger"

No more Monty Python, I promise

Some of us have been "pining for the fjords..." ARBR is not
dead, it's resting!

I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.

As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
road-oriented.

Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
be looking in.

Ride as many different types as you can.

What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

Jon Meinecke
net.subtle-apteryx

Old February 11th 05, 06:25 PM
Tim

In article 1108143569.2644488165cce09d385cc7ef7ae53cde@teran ews, Jon Meinecke wrote:
"Tim" wrote

[Python snip. *must* *resist* *temptation*]
I'd love to build something fun (though not entirely practical)
like a Ground Hugger or other long wheelbase machine.

As far as I know, no one's admitted building a GH II to
completion. I presume it and bikes like it are quite
road-oriented.

Yes, it does look quite road oriented though the rear suspension
on the II does seem quite a concession to comfort. The steering linkage
looks a little complicated too.

Since this is a toe in the water from the realm of mountain
biking I'm hoping to learn what other directions I should
be looking in.

Ride as many different types as you can.

What sort of riding do you want to do recumbently? Trails?
Roads? Commuting? Recreation? Racing? What budget?

The anticipated use is on road for recreation and commuting
rather than racing or off road riding. The budgets available for buying
and building are different though my budget to build is roughly the
price of a second hand machine I'd like to ride here in the UK. Whether
I'd be able to find a machine that fitted and I found comfortable when
I tested is another question

--
Tim.