Campy 11 speed chain on 10 speed rings

Old December 26th 09, 09:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Campy 11 speed chain on 10 speed rings

Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.
Old December 27th 09, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
thirty-six

On 26 Dec, 20:41, "
wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. *I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. *Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

at least for five minutes.
Old December 27th 09, 02:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Dec 26, 5:39*pm, thirty-six wrote:
On 26 Dec, 20:41, "

?
Old December 29th 09, 07:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?
I might be building up a new bike. I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

at least for five minutes.

?

Trevor lives in a different reality from the rest of us.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old December 27th 09, 02:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Dec 26, 1:41*pm, "
wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. *I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. *Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

Yes, of course. The chainrings are the same width, the 11s big ring is
offset a wee bit(.4mm) towards the small ring. You 'may' get chain to
big ring 'tickle' on smaler cogs but shift into the big ring and up
the cogset for the same ratio.
Old January 2nd 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
mowens61-gmail.com

On Dec 27 2009, 8:45*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:
On Dec 26, 1:41*pm, "

wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. *I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. *Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

Yes, of course. The chainrings are the same width, the 11s big ring is
offset a wee bit(.4mm) towards the small ring. You 'may' get chain to
big ring 'tickle' on smaler cogs but shift into the big ring and up
the cogset for the same ratio.

What about using an 11 speed crankset (Athena 50-34) with existing 10
speed chain and Ergoshifters (not Ultrashift)?
-Mike
Old January 2nd 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

mowens61-gmail.com wrote:
What about using an 11 speed crankset (Athena 50-34) with existing 10
speed chain and Ergoshifters (not Ultrashift)?

No issues at all with 9-10-11 cranks on 9-10-11 systems

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old January 3rd 10, 02:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jan 2, 7:05*am, "mowens61-gmail.com" wrote:
On Dec 27 2009, 8:45*am, Qui si parla Campagnolo
wrote:

On Dec 26, 1:41*pm, "

wrote:
Will Campagnolo 11 speed chain work on 10 speed chainrings?

I might be building up a new bike. *I might go for a used Dura Ace
7900 compact crankset (10 speed) and new Campagnolo 11 speed shifters,
cassette, chain. *Probably use older 9/10 speed Campagnolo derailleurs.

Yes, of course. The chainrings are the same width, the 11s big ring is
offset a wee bit(.4mm) towards the small ring. You 'may' get chain to
big ring 'tickle' on smaler cogs but shift into the big ring and up
the cogset for the same ratio.

What about using an 11 speed crankset (Athena 50-34) with existing 10
speed chain and Ergoshifters (not Ultrashift)?
-Mike

What Andy said. Differences are small.....