Wine with non-Helmeted Cyclist on Label Banned in Alabama

Old July 27th 09, 04:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Wine with non-Helmeted Cyclist on Label Banned in Alabama

"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"
Old July 27th 09, 04:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Sandy

Le 7/27/2009 10:35, SMS a bien réfléchi et puis a déclaré:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

If anything is clearly objectionable, it is the taking of a prize for
the label, when it is not the work of the prize's recipient. I don't
think that adding "Pinot noir" makes it a new graphic.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR
Old July 27th 09, 05:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman[_2_]

I think the winery has a great opportunity to exploit this government
stupidity. They should overprint a black censorship bar across the label,
so it complies with Alabama law, and they give away free posters of the
original label with each bottle.

Old July 27th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Jym Dyer

http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine...or_bama_s.html

=v= I wouldn't dream of banning a flying long-haired redheaded
unhelmeted cyclist just for being nude. In fact, they are
welcome in my house:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jym/141123391/

=v= The non-redhead in the photo has also been banned for not
wearing a helmet. I took an action snapshot of her riding her
Bike Friday, which was made into a poster by Bike Friday, but
there was an outcry about her not wearing a helment and the
campaign was quickly pulled.

=v= Farrah Fawcett never had to worry about that!
_Jym_

Old July 27th 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
ru4linux2

On Jul 27, 10:35*am, SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

To make so much fuss about ONE PERSON who is, "posed in an immodest or
sensuous manner", seems rather ridiculous to me.

Why don't we focus more on what it causing Honey Bees to vanish,
globally and what effect that could have on humanity.

Lewis.

*****
Old July 27th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
AMuzi

Sandy wrote:
If anything is clearly objectionable, it is the taking of a prize for
the label, when it is not the work of the prize's recipient. I don't
think that adding "Pinot noir" makes it a new graphic.

We have a news clip on our clip wall of a California vintner
whose label art of a reclining nude was rejected. The artist
tried again, removing the 'offensive' flesh. Yep, a
reclining skeleton in the same composition. Also rejected.

At least our industry has a (small) sense of humor.

By the way I agree with Sandy. Stealing is wrong even if one
'gets away with it', still wrong.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old July 27th 09, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Norman

On Jul 27, 2:39*pm, AMuzi wrote:

By the way I agree with Sandy. Stealing is wrong even if one
'gets away with it', still wrong.

I wasn't aware that one could steal from the public domain.
Old July 27th 09, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 27, 10:35*am, SMS wrote:
"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I wonder if they make a t-shirt (or jersey) for this wine. If so, I
gotta get one!
Old July 27th 09, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Cully J

On Jul 27, 2:36*pm, Cully J wrote:
On Jul 27, 10:35*am, SMS wrote:

"http://blog.al.com/live/2009/07/wine_too_fullbodied_for_bama_s.html"

I wonder if they make a t-shirt (or jersey) for this wine. If so, I
gotta get one!

Found one:

http://store.hahnfamilywines.com/ind...ASC&startrow=1