is he a killer cyclist?

Old September 24th 09, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

Default is he a killer cyclist?

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson to
all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst happens
and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with manslaughter - at
least.

Old September 24th 09, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Brimstone" wrote in message
We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson to
all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

It comes a day after this column.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ive-crazy.html

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 24th 09, 10:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ther-left-figh...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...T-HARDMAN-Lycr...

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

If I saw that scrotey little neddy I'd punch his lights out. Kids do
this in East London, bomb along the pavement almost daring someone to
challenge them.
Old September 24th 09, 10:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:41:29
uk.rec.cycling Brimstone

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson
to all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-left-fightin
g-life-hit-cyclist-outside-supermarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

I've read the article, do you not think it is overly emotive?

--
Wm...
Old September 24th 09, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Simon Mason wrote:

"Brimstone" wrote in message
We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson
to all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

It comes a day after this column.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ive-crazy.html

Regardless of the opinions, that is an appallingly directionless
ramble - a typical "give me 1000 words now" stream of whatever
popped into his head.

BugBear
Old September 24th 09, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Wm...

Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:59:53
uk.rec.cycling Simon
Mason

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-left-fighti
ng-life-hit-cyclist-outside-supermarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

It comes a day after this column.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ARDMAN-Lycra-l
outs-drive-crazy.html

Which is a bit odd. Seems to me it can't make its mind up about what it
wants.

Never mind, it is only the Daily Mail.

--
Wm...
Old September 24th 09, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:41:29 +0100 someone who may be "Brimstone"
wrote this:-

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson to
all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html

Not enough information to express a useful opinion on.

The Daily Wail exaggerates cycling stories. Remember the cyclist who
they claimed mowed down the little girl and rode off, or the cyclist
they claimed told youngsters to get out of the way? Then Daily
Wail's accusations were at best not proven and at worst deliberate
lies.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old September 24th 09, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Daniel Barlow

"Brimstone" writes:

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson
to all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...permarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

Can't see any mention of footpaths in the article, has it been edited
snce your post? I think the more important lesson is that it's wrong to
cycle into pedestrians and knock them over, and that goes the same
whether they're on footpaths, footways, private land or even just
walking on the carriageway.

JNugent is always telling us about the importance of the presumption of
innocence, so I don't think it would be wise to comment on the specifics
of your second paragraph. But I hope that the truth of the accident is
established and whoever is in the wrong gets what's coming to them -
and, of course, that the woman makes a full recovery.

-dan
Old September 24th 09, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Brimstone

"Wm..." wrote in message
]...
Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:41:29
uk.rec.cycling Brimstone

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson to
all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-left-fightin
g-life-hit-cyclist-outside-supermarket.html

Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

I've read the article, do you not think it is overly emotive?

I tend to ignore the quality of the reporting and extract the facts.

Old September 24th 09, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

spindrift wrote:
On Sep 24, 9:59 am, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
"Brimstone" wrote in message

We can only hope that this poor woman survives and that it is a lesson to
all those who think it is big and clever to cycle on footpaths.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ther-left-figh...
Fortunately they appear to have caught the perpetrator. If the worst
happens and this poor woman dies, hopefully he'll be charged with
manslaughter - at least.

It comes a day after this column.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...T-HARDMAN-Lycr...

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

If I saw that scrotey little neddy I'd punch his lights out. Kids do
this in East London, bomb along the pavement almost daring someone to
challenge them.

They may well do so, but they're *certainly* not the only ones (age group,
socio-economic group, etc) who do it and that is certainly not the only area
where it happens.

killer cyclist walks away with just a fine keith.hill UK 777 July 17th 08 01:38 PM
Cyclist killer sentence wafflycat UK 27 March 20th 06 10:00 PM
Cyclist killer jailed, motorist killer let off. Peter B UK 0 August 20th 05 09:18 PM
12 years for cyclist killer james General 5 May 20th 05 01:46 AM
Hit and run cyclist killer gets £450 fine... Howard UK 9 November 23rd 04 01:50 PM