Looking to ID year of SuperCaliber frame

Old September 18th 09, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
gwandsh

Default Looking to ID year of SuperCaliber frame

I got an old SuperCaliber frame at a yard sale and want to ID the
year. The serial # seems obscure for this purpose - 1152968 (stamped
at rear dropout). Could mean 96, maybe 98, maybe neither?

The frame is solid dark blue, original paint.
Stickers, aside from make and model, include one saying "Lithium
Aluminum Frame tubing", another with "Made in USA all the way".

No other original components were on it, so a Bikepedia check against
frame material or stock spec'd components didn't help. I have
contacted Trek, but hoped somebody here might be a (lot) faster in
responding.

Can anybody tell me the year? I hope to rebuild it this winter, and
want to ensure I am looking for compatible stuff.

Tnx