Wiggos' wife knocked off her bike.

Old September 30th 09, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Wiggos' wife knocked off her bike.

Bradley Wiggins' wife hit from behind by SMIDSY driver.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-her-bike.html

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 30th 09, 11:27 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 10:49:09 +0100 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-her-bike.html

This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old September 30th 09, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave Kahn

wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist...

This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: ''It was bike damage only and no injuries
were involved.''

--
Dave...

Old September 30th 09, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist....

This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: ''It was bike damage only and no injuries
were involved.''

What bothers me more is 'no more road bike...' Too many people -
particularly women - are put of cycling permanently by incidents like
this. And you cannot blame them - she was not seriously unjured, but
she easily could have been. We need MUCH stronger sanctions against
drivers who hit cyclists.
Old September 30th 09, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Simon Brooke" wrote in message
..''

What bothers me more is 'no more road bike...' Too many people -
particularly women - are put of cycling permanently by incidents like
this. And you cannot blame them - she was not seriously unjured, but
she easily could have been. We need MUCH stronger sanctions against
drivers who hit cyclists.

I took it to mean that her bike was ruined in the collision, not that she
was going to give up road cycling.

Old September 30th 09, 07:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist...

This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: ''It was bike damage only and no injuries
were involved.''

Slight correction:

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: "It sounds dramatic but she insisted she didn't
need an ambulance - it was bike damage only and no injuries were involved."
Old September 30th 09, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith M Smith

wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist...
This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: ''It was bike damage only and no injuries
were involved.''

Slight correction:

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: "It sounds dramatic but she insisted she didn't
need an ambulance - it was bike damage only and no injuries were involved."

Ah pity - it won't be included in accident stats then.

--

British Medical Association (BMA)
View on helmets:

Several studies provided solid scientific evidence that bicycle helmets
protect against head, brain, severe brain and facial injuries,
as well as death, as a result of cycling accidents
Old October 1st 09, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 30 Sep, 10:49, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Bradley Wiggins' wife hit from behind by SMIDSY driver.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist...

The police said,

"'It sounds dramatic but she insisted she didn't need an ambulance -
it was bike damage only and no injuries were involved.'' "

Oh well that's all right then. Presumably she was wearing a helmet and
reflective vest?

--
UK Radical Campaigns
www.zing.icom43.net

Old October 1st 09, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke[_2_]

On 30 Sep, 17:26, "Simon Mason" wrote:
"Simon Brooke" wrote in message

.''

What bothers me more is 'no more road bike...' Too many people -
particularly women - are put of cycling permanently by incidents like
this. And you cannot blame them - she was not seriously unjured, but
she easily could have been. We need MUCH stronger sanctions against
drivers who hit cyclists.

I took it to mean that her bike was ruined in the collision, not that she
was going to give up road cycling.

I hope your interpretation is correct.
Old October 1st 09, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Benn[_2_]

wrote this:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...gold-medallist...
This bit says it all,

"Mrs Wiggins - who has two children with the athlete - wrote on her
Twitter page: ''Stopped at a T junction and was knocked down from
behind. Bloke said 'sorry, didnt see you, and anyway I'd nearly
stopped didn't hit you that hard.' erm, well...my bent bike and the
fact that I can barely bloody move says otherwise..and I feel
very,very lucky! No more road bike...'' "

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: ''It was bike damage only and no injuries
were involved.''

Slight correction:

Cath Wiggins: "I can barely bloody move."

Lancashire Police spokesman: "It sounds dramatic but she insisted she
didn't need an ambulance - it was bike damage only and no injuries were
involved."

I can only guess that she had momentarily thought of putting in an insurance
claim for personal injury but thought better of it when questioned by the
police.

Knocked off bike Steve Walford UK 8 October 27th 08 06:18 PM
Just been knocked off my bike!! [email protected] UK 18 March 22nd 08 09:37 PM
Charged for being knocked off his bike wafflycat UK 15 February 21st 08 09:56 AM
Police need help identifying a man knocked of his bike in Perth. Friday Australia 2 April 2nd 07 02:47 PM
Cyclist Knocked off Bike Six Times HughMann Australia 5 December 20th 05 07:58 AM