Joey D'Antoni and a life of lies.....

Old October 4th 04, 07:18 AM
Amit

Mark Farnsworth wrote in message ink.net...
crit pro wrote:
[A LOT OF STUPID ****]

The attacks on Laura are rude and uncalled for. I am fairly certain
that Joey lied to Laura just like he lied to others. Innuendo about her
is complete bull****.

since henry claims to not understand women as well as men here's two
differences.

a women's "reputation" is much more important in society than a man's.
so crit pro's implication is seen by almost everyone here as as insult
to pedalchick rather than joey (though a few did see it that way too).

this and also rbr like any male-dominated environment treats women
with kid gloves.
Old October 4th 04, 03:46 PM
Bob Schwartz

Mark Farnsworth wrote:
I asked Joey via an email about a week ago and he has not gotten back to
me. Joey might respond to my email at some point or someone else who
knows him might want to ask him. I think it is interesting and worthy
of a question to Joey.

But... but... but... he said:
-----
If you have any questions about this matter email is always the best
way to reach me.

Yours truly,

Joey D?Antoni

-----

You know, I'll bet Adham Sbeih is thrilled by the references Joey has
been making.

Bob Schwartz

Old October 4th 04, 03:57 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

crit pro wrote:
[A LOT OF STUPID ****]

The attacks on Laura are rude and uncalled for. I am fairly

certain
that Joey lied to Laura just like he lied to others. Innuendo

about her
is complete bull****.

since henry claims to not understand women as well as men here's two
differences.

Dumbass -

You didn't understand that post. I understand men.

Men are easy. Men are dumb and predictable. I'm one of them, I know.
K. Gringioni
dumb and predictable

Old October 4th 04, 07:11 PM
Amit

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message

Dumbass -

You didn't understand that post. I understand men.

Men are easy. Men are dumb and predictable. I'm one of them, I know.

dumbass, i respectfully disagree.

i think different people (men, women, rich, poor, young, old) react to
things similarly, what usually changes is their circumstances.

for example, the difference between say a team that works well
together for one goal vs. one that doesn't has more to with what the
members value and stand to gain, rather than differences among the
individuals.

the difference was probably that it was easier for you to infer what
the men you managed valued.
Old October 4th 04, 07:24 PM
Andy Coggan

"Mark Farnsworth" wrote in message
nk.net...

I asked Joey via an email about a week ago and he has not gotten back to
me.

Don't hold your breath - if it were me, you'd be hearing from my attorney.

Andy Coggan

Old October 4th 04, 07:27 PM
Andy Coggan

"Mark Farnsworth" wrote in message
nk.net...
Where can we determine who faster1 is on the elitefitness.com forums? The
other stuff was enlightening but wasn't able to verify that
faster1 on the chemical anarchy forum was the same as faster1 on the
elitefitness forum.

We know that Joey used Faster1 as his alias on Chemical Anarchy web site.

What I want to know is 1) how do WE know that, and more importantly, 2) why
are YOU so familiar with the Chemical Anarchy forum?

Andy Coggan

Old October 4th 04, 08:16 PM
Mark Farnsworth

Andy Coggan wrote:
"Mark Farnsworth" wrote in message
nk.net...

Where can we determine who faster1 is on the elitefitness.com forums? The
other stuff was enlightening but wasn't able to verify that
faster1 on the chemical anarchy forum was the same as faster1 on the
elitefitness forum.

We know that Joey used Faster1 as his alias on Chemical Anarchy web site.

What I want to know is 1) how do WE know that, and more importantly, 2) why
are YOU so familiar with the Chemical Anarchy forum?

Andy Coggan

The pages I found are free information on the Internet and my posting of
links to them does not slander Joey in any way. I think the information
is authentic and was created by him but I can't prove this was actually
created by him because the nature of the Internet. I doubt that Joey is
the victem of a coordinated plan to plant information on web sites last
year and then make a false positive test this year. The more likely
explination is that he cheated and was sloppy. Everyone can decide for
themselves what if anything the links mean.

The story of how I found the information is a bit of a soap opera.

It started when I posted a message on my local cycling club's private
email list. The text of my message was as follows:

MY ORIGIONAL POST:
Unfortiently, Joey D made the news for drugs. One more American
cyclist added to the wall of shame.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ep04/sep25news

I hope Joey is an exception and that we don't have a widespread
problem in the area. Stuff like this is sad for the sport.

END ORIGIONAL POST

Please note that my origional post was not an attack on Joey and if you
followed the link in the origional post you could read his side of the
story.

After this post the soap opera started.

I ride for the same club as PedalChick (Laura) and did not know that she
had anything other then passing familiarity with Joey. Joey road for a
different club so I knew some people in my club would know him but I did
not know that they would be super closely connected. It's a big club
and I don't ride much. I don't know Laura all that well.

year. Laura's response really ****ed me off and as a result I dropped
my membership in her cycling club. Laura's husband also sent me an
email to proclaim that he thought Joey was innocent and suggest that I
should have asked Joey directly rather then posting the message on the
news group. This also ****ed me off because my origional post was not
an attack and since I don't know Joey very well it did not seem proper
to contact him first especially when you consider that the link in my
origional post gave his side of the story and was published on Cycling News.

For me, riding is just cross training for my primary sport of inline
speed skating. When I was younger, I used to race but the last time I
did a lot of racing was 1993. I have ridden with Joey a few times in
the past couple of years. He showed up several times for a 100k mid
afternoon Tuesday afternoon ride I did in the winter of 2002 with around
three to six other category 1/2 riders. I raced about a half dozen
races as a cat2 in early 2002 and also often saw him at these races. To
me, Joey was just another guy and not a friend or foe. Without the
response I got from Laura and her husband, I would not have had any
modivation to go looking around for dirt on him.

As a result of the suggestion from Laura's husband, I decided that I
might as well ask Joey. Since I still did not have his email address, I
decided to use Google to find it. My Google search found his post on
Cycling Forums.
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t40161-15-2.html

On a whim I decided to type Joey's email address back into Google to see
what else came up. A google search for " produces
the Chemical Anarchy site. His membership started on Oct. 6th of 2003.
The other links came from a google search of Faster1 since at that point
I was sorta having fun.

I hope that helps you understand how I learned about the Chemical
Anarchy site.

-Mark
Old October 4th 04, 09:32 PM
Warren

Andy Coggan wrote:
[...]

Mark,
Two bits of friendly advice.

The thing you need to remember is that guys may talk about things they have
no intention of doing themselves.

Ever notice that many things that are done for revenge or in anger are
regrettable at a later time.

-WG

Old October 4th 04, 10:02 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Warren wrote:

Mark,
Two bits of friendly advice.

The thing you need to remember is that guys may talk about things

they have
no intention of doing themselves.

Dumbass -

You're forgetting that he also tested positive for the drug the alias
was posting about.

K. Gringioni

ps. Nice job Mr. Farnsworth. You didn't do anything wrong.

Old October 4th 04, 10:06 PM
Warren

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
ups.com...

Warren wrote:

Mark,
Two bits of friendly advice.

The thing you need to remember is that guys may talk about things

they have
no intention of doing themselves.

Dumbass -

You're forgetting that he also tested positive for the drug the alias
was posting about.

K. Gringioni

ps. Nice job Mr. Farnsworth. You didn't do anything wrong.

The drug test is valid evidence. Surrounding stuff that Mark keeps harping
on is just circumstances and could apply to an innocent person too. It'd be
a shame if Mark got dragged into a big mess over all of this when that
doesn't need to happen.

-WG

Truth and Lies crit pro Racing 0 September 26th 04 05:42 PM
ET Tu Antoni [email protected] Racing 1 September 25th 04 09:35 PM