Joey D'Antoni and a life of lies.....

Old October 11th 04, 12:52 AM
K. Gringioni

pedalchick wrote:

He brought
up his whole non-aero TT argument to the club for our monthly casual
benchmark TT practice. He beat everyone except one cat 3 who is a
phenomenal TT'er.

Goddamm.

Sounds like a club full of Freds.

K. Gringioni.
Old October 11th 04, 02:48 AM
50kph

I am currently a cat3 but was a cat2 in past years. In my opinion,
riding should mostly be about fun unless you are at the top level. The
competition part of the sport should be about ATHLETES not equipment or
drugs. Back when I used to race pro/am events in the early 90's, I
would joke that the pro race was the only REAL race and the (cat 3, cat
4, cat 5, masters, etc) were just group rides. I still feel that way.
The idea of cat 3 "racing" is a joke. Category racing is just guys who
train part time goofing around. No one should take category racing
seriously. It's silly when cat3's show up with $5,000.00 time trial
bikes and 16 pound climbing bikes for the silly little group rides that
they think are races. Doing this for a four or five race is even more
of a joke.

In the world according to me, cycling would be a very different sport.
We would have one race category (pro/am) the other events would be
called fun rides with no prize money but would otherwise resemble
today's category racing. To qualify for a pro/am event, you would
simply bring a card showing you can do a 10 mile TT in under 22 minutes
(with standard 32 spoke wheels on a 20 pound bike). Qualifying times
would be adjusted by USCF officials for various standard courses thought
the country. Bikes would be cheaper since you would have a 20 pound
limit unless you were in the pro class. Inner city kids would often
kick yuppy butt in the races. The best athletes would rise to the top
regardless of economic strata. Drugs would still be a problem but at
EVERY pro event, they would test three randoms and the winners. The
winners would also get their names in a selection for future random out
of competition testing. 20% of all testing would be out of competition.
Entry fees would be used only to fund the testing and the event
overhead. Prize money would have to come from sponsors not entry fees.
The sport would become cheaper and accessible to a lot more people and
would be more fun for the young athletes. The quality of athletes would
go up and cycling move from a marginal plaything for the rich to a
mainstream sport that many more would participate in.

People could ride their TDF replica bikes on the weekends but for race
days they would have to add weights or ride a standard 32 spoke bike.
The most expensive 22 pound bike with 32 spoke wheels would probably
cost less then then $1,000.00 dollars.

Look around your area and see if you can count the number of 18 year
olds riding at a serious level. I don't see many in our area and think
that part of the problem is the expense required to get a "race ready"
bike. The sport is dying for more the just the reason of drugs. Back
when I was racing Juniors the sport was much cheaper and it seemed that
there were more Junior racers.

I don't think the sport will reform so unfortunately over the years,
cycling will become more expensive and more marginal. Sports like
running, football, basketball, baseball, and the such will continue to
attract the best young atheletes. Clean atheletes will continue to
leave the sport since when you do get to the top level the amount of
drugs in cycling is outrageous. The pros of the next decade will be
rich and well medicated yuppy prep schools kids like Tyler Hamilton.
Old October 11th 04, 04:33 AM
Mark Fennell

"50kph" wrote:

I am currently a cat3 but was a cat2 in past years....

Hey Mark F., ...one Mark F. to another, ...you gotta do better than this.
Being an anonymous takes skill, deception, guile, and yes, a little bit of
dishonesty. What's the point if everyone knows who you are? So future
generations of Farnsworths can't google you and see what a bad boy you
were???

BTW, that cute little pedalchick-Farnsworth soap opera was captivating.
(How's that for a sad comment on my choice of Sunday night entertainment!)

Old December 25th 04, 12:52 AM
Crit PRO

crit pro wrote:
The little **** Joseph D'Antoni was probably a normal little bayou
baby.
He was born on November 4th, 1976. His proud parents are in
Wandeville.

After starting cycling 1992, he spent many years working at moving
from a category 5 to an elite USA Cycling Category 1 and represented
the US in international competition for the first time in 2004.

2001 saw Joey fly over 60,000 miles on Delta. He had no problem
bragging about cheating them out of $80 for bike fees each flight.
Here's what Joey said, that he had a non-descript bike bag, and that
the $80 fee is If They Know It's A Bike. Looking for a cheating way
around the system. That is stealing.

He first impressed his future girlfriend at the 2002 Subaru French
Broad Cycling Classic River Road Time Trial in Asheville, North
Carolina. She had started 30 seconds before her husband, who passed

he
in the early going. The next one to pass her, was Joey on his world
famous fixed gear in a tt. He went by in a whoosh, and the impression
was made.

Joey spent 2003 posting all over the internet under the name
"Faster1." Interesting posts include this July 1st one at 9:16am that
says, "Good Luck--ask for big supply of Pro Crit and email
me.......seriously though the ProCrit will make you feel way better."
followed by this doosie on July 18th at 10:55am where Faster1 wrote,
"EPO-pm me for dosage details."

2004 started with big goals. A small penalty at an Arizona bike race
for crossing the yellow line is dismissed as the fault of officials
who are at fault. The cheating is now being justified even more. Two
weeks later, on Feb 28, 2004, Joey was drug tested by USADA at a

World
Cup qualifier track event. He must have been confident that the EPO
tests were not yet capable of discovering that people cheat. He even
had a great newspaper article by Karen Baker titled "Elite Bicyclist
pays visit to Hometown Area" which was published on Thursday February
26th, and reprinted on March 4th. The article stated that, "every kid
loves to ride a bike, but Joey D'Antoni has taken that love to the
highest level." No truer words had ever been said.

Joey had even publicly written that the reason there is no medical

at
Elite Criterium Nationals was because USADA was busy trying to bust
trackies.

FedEx to Joey's house on April 22, 2004 reveals he failed drug test.
Who does he call first? His wife the school teacher Kelly? No, his
'client' that he 'coaches'. She rushes over to his house. They both
fly on Joey's airline miles to LA on April 30, 2004 to watch the 'B'
sample results be processed. Joey must be innocent, because he states
that at the RENOWNED LA Dope lab that they are disorganized. He saw
them throw trash into plastic bags that contained samples. That alone
is good enough for me that Joey is innocent (sarcasm).

Joey was the director for his girlfriend at Philly, and there was a
good time had by all, as more than a few suds were imbided. Next
month, in July, was party time again. Joey arranged for Kelly to

drive
the TT bike on Thursday July 1st to Fitchburg in Mass. Over 10 hours
driving from NC. He and GF were to fly later that day. They never

made
that flight. It wasn't cancelled. I have a friend who works for the
airline in question. The two had a nice night home alone. And flew
together the next day. Joey was tired at the race (naturally).

Life is now a tumultous time for Joseph D'Antoni. Joey has been
exposed for cheating, lying, stealing, and now is looking for a new
place to live, a new employer, a new partner, and he is no longer
responding to emails from friends who want answers. He has blocked
Mark Farnsworth, and despite writing to StolenUnderground.com, he has
yet to apologize, confess, or tell us the truth. He even wrote, "If
you have any questions about this matter email is always the best way
to reach me." Instead of taking the David Millar path and admitting
fault, he has chosen the corrupt path like Tyler Hamilton, and denies
the facts, and questions the validity of the tests.

Joseph D'Antoni is a cheater. He is a thief. The facts do not lie.
Joey does.

Here's a peek into his girlfriend's past.....

From: Laura Weislo )
Subject: ANGER!!! AAAAAAAUUUGGHG!
This is the only article in this thread
Newsgroups: alt.support.depression
Date: 1995-01-13 12:16:23 PST

I was this way before being diagnosed as clinically depressed in

1991.
I'd be fine one minute then ****ed off as hell the next. Makes for a
good
punk rocker, but not so nice now that I have a good job and a fiance.

I went on Prozac for three years, while on it I was much calmer, but

would have bouts of uncontrollable crying at least once or twice a
month
that drove me up the wall. I went off it last summer, and was fine
until
just recently. Perhaps the holidays set me off, or the stress of
buying
a new house... but the events in my life aren't really enough to
warrant
the extreme irritation I am experiencing.

I get really frustrated, irritated, ****ed off, agitated and bitchy
every
single day. I've tried cutting out caffeine (I only have one cup of
coffee per day) and I don't smoke or drink very much (a beer or two

on
the weekends).

I also get adrenaline rushes from reading this book on my fvorite

punk
bands from the 70's - I get a rush from imagining I am there.

Now, I don't feel at all depressed anymore, like I did 4 years ago.

don't want to go back on Prozac just because I'm getting edgy. Could

this be a prelude to more depression? Is my brain re-programming
itself
after being altered by drugs? Has anyone experienced anything like
this?

Herbal tea just don't do the trick... Even sex only works for a few
minutes, then I'm irritated because he left his shoes in the middle

of
the floor. I'm lucky to have a man who is very understanding and
supportive, and not at all combative.

Sorry for the long rambles...

laura

Merry Christmas. 1/4 the way through the 2 year suspension for taking
EPO.

crit pro

Truth and Lies crit pro Racing 0 September 26th 04 05:42 PM
ET Tu Antoni [email protected] Racing 1 September 25th 04 09:35 PM