Testosterone test: isotope test

Old July 28th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
gabriel faure

Default Testosterone test: isotope test

The newspaper L'Equipe reported that the test performed by the Chatenay-
Malabry lab was the so-called (and sophisticated) "isotope" test which left
no doubt on whether the extra-testosterone was endogenous or exogenous.
Old July 28th 06, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

gabriel faure wrote:
The newspaper L'Equipe reported that the test performed by the Chatenay-
Malabry lab was the so-called (and sophisticated) "isotope" test which left
no doubt on whether the extra-testosterone was endogenous or exogenous.

There are many reports that say that Landis' samples have not had the
Carbon Isotope Ratio (CIR) test yet:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/o...ports-outdoors

Old July 28th 06, 06:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

gabriel faure wrote:
The newspaper L'Equipe reported that the test performed by the Chatenay-
Malabry lab was the so-called (and sophisticated) "isotope" test which left
no doubt on whether the extra-testosterone was endogenous or exogenous.

Does L'Equipe say it was endogenous or exogenous?

Before I read this, I was about to post the following from Mary Decker
Slaney's failed appeal to overturn the arbitration decision confirming
her test for an excessive T/E ratio:

"We hope that at some juncture, science will develop a means for
detecting exogenous testosterone in athletes, such that an athlete's
T/E ratio of 11.6:1 can be discounted if it is based on innocent
factors. However, until that point in time, we are confident that
requiring an athlete to prove by clear and convincing evidence that her
elevated ratio was due to pathological or physiological factors does
not invoke a violation of United States public policy as federal case
law has required in order for a court to refuse to enforce a foreign
arbitral award." Slaney v. Int'l Amateur Ath. Fed'n, 244 F.3d 580,
593-594 (7th Cir. 2001)

Old July 28th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

a écrit dans le message de news:
gabriel faure wrote:
[...]

According l'Equipe it is a test using the German Biologist Manfred Donike
technic who permit to have the ratio;
Le labo also use a IRMS technic who permit to separate the Exogenous (
Syntese) from the Enrogenous (natural, from the body).

Sorry but in French. According l'Equipe " Cette méthode, fondée sur la
spectrométrie de masse isotopique du carbone, est indiscutable. Dans le
dossier Landis, elle indique clairement que la testotérone est d'origine
exogène"

Old July 28th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Before I read this, I was about to post the following from Mary Decker
Slaney's failed appeal to overturn the arbitration decision confirming
her test for an excessive T/E ratio:

So did she later get it overturned?

Landis (I believe) and others have said that everyone who has
challenged the T/E test has won. Guess not?

Old July 28th 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

wrote:
So did she later get it overturned?

Landis (I believe) and others have said that everyone who has
challenged the T/E test has won. Guess not?

No. Initially, the US federation overturned it, but the international
federation appealed, and it was reversed in an international
arbitration proceeding. She filed lawsuits to have the international
arbitration set aside and lost. Kirk O'Bee (former Navigator) also
tested positive for a high T/E ratio and was unable to prove it was a
result of doping.

Old July 28th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tispectrum

Another test, which analyzes carbon isotopes, provides much more definitive
evidence that an athlete has used external testosterone, according to Don
Catlin, director of the Olympic drug testing laboratory at UCLA.

The French newspaper L'Equipe reported in Friday's editions that the Olympic
anti-doping lab in Paris that analyzed Landis' sample also performed the
carbon isotope test and that it clearly showed the presence of external
testosterone.

oups.com...

Old July 28th 06, 07:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Dumbass

gabriel faure wrote:
The newspaper L'Equipe reported that the test performed by the Chatenay-
Malabry lab was the so-called (and sophisticated) "isotope" test which left
no doubt on whether the extra-testosterone was endogenous or exogenous.

That's starting to make the US press:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...n28landis.html

That's bad for Landis if its true.

Old July 28th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Sorry but in French. According l'Equipe " ...Dans le
dossier Landis, elle indique clairement que la testotérone est d'origine
exogène"

Why does L'Equipe have access to the "dossier Landis"?

Old July 28th 06, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

gabriel faure wrote:
[...]

Can you provide a link to the l'Equipe article this is from? I Googled
their site and could not get any hits on several words and phrases from
the "quote."

I'm no expert in French, but this looks more like a Babel Fish
translation from English. Any French speakers out there?

Sorry, but I am French .... Yes, I know ...

It comes from my l'Equipe. I paid it 0,80 centimes today morning. Pls I have
my reputation to protect with 'mon libraire" ; )