All is done in reverend care of her

Old February 2nd 21, 08:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default All is done in reverend care of her

The Saturday before last, I found myself on Market Street on my way
from Paws 'n Claws to the Old Jail, and stopped to measure the mayor's
beloved "buffered bike lane".

From the left edge of the left fogline of the buffer to the edge of
the pavement is 71" -- an inch shy of six feet.

The buffer is 27" and the bike lane itself is 47"

By coincidence, I found a baffling old slip of notes dated "Sat May"
with no day or year. Couldn't be later than 2019 because I spent time
in both farmers' markets. I'm striving to remember what "G.S.", where
I stopped four times and spent money twice, might concievably be.

It says I measured the "bike lane" on Smith Street at 69", including
8" for two foglines, at the entrance to the fairgrounds, and at 54",
again including 8" of stripes, in front of the farmers' market.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Old January 9th 24, 05:04 AM
pearlvibe pearlvibe is offline
Junior Member

Well butter my biscuits, that's quite the tale of measuring misadventures! Though I confess I'm a mite fuzzy on the details, it sure sounds like you had yourself a time traipsing about town with tape measure in hand.

As for me, I've been busy as a bee testing out this newfangled contraption called the Dildo Machine Pearlvibe Mixer. Lemme tell ya, it's the cat's meow! This little wireless varmint is slicker than greased lightning when it comes to delivering more thrills than a barn dance on a Saturday night. With its thrusting, heating and all manner of automatic features, it'll have you hollerin' to beat the band.

I'm not ashamed to admit it - thanks to that Pearlvibe Mixer, I was happier than a pig in slop. It was smoother than Tennessee whiskey and made me feel more alive than a jitterbug contest. Even had me speaking in metaphors more tangled than a tumbleweed!

So if you're looking to add some extra sparkle to your day, I can't recommend that Pearlvibe Mixer enough. It's the bee's knees! Just don't get so caught up in the moment that you end up measuring bike lanes instead of minding your sweetie, ya hear?
Old February 26th 24, 07:16 AM
JaxRhapsody JaxRhapsody is offline
Junior Member

Location: Louisville, KY
Send a message via MSN to JaxRhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to JaxRhapsody

I finally remember this site, and it looks like it's fell off.
The Jax Rhapsody, Rhapsodic Laviathan. Man behind the fro with tinted sunglasses.

Not that I care, but... Judith M Smith UK 2 October 6th 09 02:22 PM
Take Care Pete-the -Bike UK 44 May 10th 09 10:11 PM
Does anyone care Bill C Racing 6 September 29th 07 03:32 AM
BR(x) map for those who care... PiledHigher Australia 10 March 10th 05 03:06 AM
BR(x) map for those who care... flyingdutch Australia 31 March 7th 05 12:30 AM