First 'Bent a High Racer?

Old March 13th 06, 08:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default First 'Bent a High Racer?

On 10 Mar 2006 14:29:25 GMT, GoHabsGo wrote:

Would a High racer be ok as a first bent for someone that has never ridden
a bent before?

Yes.

-- Robert, Vision Sabre (first recumbent)
Old March 14th 06, 12:47 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Hull 697 wrote:
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman Wrote:

No solicitation without a permit.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain

I don't even begin to understand your comment. Are you a cheese
salesman?

As someone else already replied, re-read the message Tom replied to.

Look for "pedal" vs. "peddle".

--
I do not accept unsolicited commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Old April 5th 06, 12:26 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Don George wrote:
What makes a High Racer, a High Racer? I've been away from this group for a
few years. I retired from Burley last year and am now ready for another
'bent.

The archetype is dual-big-wheels (usually 571/650c, but in a few rare
cases 622/700c, and in some more rugged incarnations, 559/26"), longer
than usual wheelbase SWB configuration, OSS with outstretched arms, hard
shell seat reclined way back, high bottom bracket.

Something like:

http://www.bacchettabikes.com/web/products/aero.htm

or

http://challengebikes.com/html/index...ie=seiran#bike

or

http://volaerecumbents.com/2005/volae_team.php

Old April 5th 06, 12:45 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Don George" wrote
What makes a High Racer, a High Racer?

Not me, regardless of the bike's designation! %^P

I've been away from this group for a few years.

Welcome back. Sifting through the "noise" for topical
signal can be challenging here and now.

I retired from Burley last year and am now ready for another

"High Racer" is an informal designation. Generally, it's a SWB
recumbent bike with two 559(26"), 571(650c), 622(700c), etc
wheels and seat height of around 25". There are various
"light and fast" as well as recreational and touring configurations.
There are "Low" and "Mid" Racer designations. All share
similar seat geometry and riding positions.

Which of the HR's are you considering?

Jon Meinecke

who sells high quality bent cables? Steve Knight Recumbent Biking 13 October 24th 04 03:55 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
slightly bent rim help and progress report al.dyne Unicycling 2 May 9th 04 11:35 AM
Bicycle Mag -- Bent Stuff Joe Keenan Recumbent Biking 1 January 29th 04 03:44 PM
Black Bent Down: Worst Experience on a Bent This Year jim h Recumbent Biking 14 November 30th 03 10:58 PM