Lezyne Deca Drive 1500XXL Report

Old March 1st 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

Default Lezyne Deca Drive 1500XXL Report

HI KIDS !

TIME FOR ANIMAL HOUR BROUGHT TO YOU BY USBANKO

https://www.google.com/search?q=LARG...LE+ACCIDENTS&*

Old March 2nd 17, 12:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:00:39 -0800, sms
wrote:

Yes, they take it as a personal offense that someone does not believe
that their choice of product or service is not one that everyone else
also makes.

Heh. Better see your doctor, Steven. You're suffering from an irony
deficiency.
Old March 2nd 17, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 6:36:08 PM UTC-5, DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH wrote:
HI KIDS !

TIME FOR ANIMAL HOUR BROUGHT TO YOU BY USBANKO

https://www.google.com/search?q=LARG...LE+ACCIDENTS&*

LOOK NO FUR THER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkJ62mugIzY
Old March 2nd 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 02/03/17 08:55, jbeattie wrote:

I rode home from weekly PIRs at night, too -- with battery lights. I
could get 70 miles on a work day -- 20 commuting and 50 racing at the
height of summer. Then do two or three other races. Alpenrose on
Fridays. One thing good about PDX is that it has an active racing
calendar.

And who says I don't race anymore? I'm constantly racing on Saturday
rides with current racers, some less than half my age. In a week or
so, my son will be dragging my ass up and down the Wasatch Mountains.
Sure, it's in my mind -- but who cares. I don't want to get dropped.
Do you? https://www.instagram.com/p/BGuTNXMJPsD/

I don't care if I get dropped on a training ride. We regroup at the top
of big climbs or at the next coffee shop.

A younger rider comes to the town near where I live once a month to see
his family. We have been out on a few rides. He came second in the
Queensland state road championships last year. He can drop me up a
substantial climb, and I doubt it wouldn't matter what I was riding.

But it doesn't matter because he slows a little for me to catch up, and
I go down hill a bit faster. Once I'm on his wheel I can hold on along
the flatter sections. Weight makes no difference there.

And because these are evening rides, I usually ride the last 5-10km in
the dark over a rough rural road with a 2km climb and descent with sharp
corners. Again, no problem because I always have good working lights!

--
JS
Old March 2nd 17, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 02/03/17 10:26, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I've been blinded multiple times by cyclists coming the other way.
If you check many web forums, you'll find increasing complaints about
that. It's getting worse because of all the claims that "ya need 800
lumens to be safe, dude." It's nuts.

Yep. While riding in Brisbane in MUPs, I have been completely unable to
see the path ahead because some inconsiderate ****** with his 1200lm
torch is coming straight at me.

I continue blind for a few moments after we pass too. I just have to
guess the edge of the path :-/

I think "Another SMS going by."

--
JS
Old March 2nd 17, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 5:47:55 PM UTC-8, James wrote:
On 02/03/17 10:26, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I've been blinded multiple times by cyclists coming the other way.
If you check many web forums, you'll find increasing complaints about
that. It's getting worse because of all the claims that "ya need 800
lumens to be safe, dude." It's nuts.

Yep. While riding in Brisbane in MUPs, I have been completely unable to
see the path ahead because some inconsiderate ****** with his 1200lm
torch is coming straight at me.

I continue blind for a few moments after we pass too. I just have to
guess the edge of the path :-/

I think "Another SMS going by."

Bright lights are OK if they're focused below the plane of another cyclists sight. When they aren't THAT'S when to say - "There goes another sms".
Old March 2nd 17, 02:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
DATAKOLL MARINE RESEARCH

"Another SMS going by."

TRY A DAYGLO BASEBALL CAP N DUCK UNDER THE BILL WHEN THE TORCH IS TOO MUCH

Old March 2nd 17, 05:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 3/1/2017 10:29 PM, sms wrote:
On 3/1/2017 6:40 PM, wrote:

snip

Bright lights are OK if they're focused below the plane of another
cyclists sight. When they aren't THAT'S when to say - "There goes
another sms".

LOL.

I always advise people to aim their lights so the brightest area of
illumination does not blind other cyclists.

You "advise" the couple dozen cyclists who you know. Probably half of
them consider you not worth listening to. Meanwhile the thousands of
others buying mega-lumen lights are saying "I _want_ to irritate
everyone else, for my safety!"

It's important to have
proper optics so you can aim the light properly, see far enough ahead to
not outrun your lights, and have enough side spill for wide angle
visibility and to be seen by drivers perpendicular to the cyclist, and
enough upward spill to see street signs and low branches.

Please do tell us: _Are_ you really riding a penny-farthing? Is that
why tree branches are such a problem for you?

Seriously: I have _never_ heard of a cyclist running into a low tree
branch while riding on a road. Talk about "Danger! Danger!"

[Subsequent ommercial snipped. I'm not supporting Scharf's guerrilla
marketing.]

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old March 2nd 17, 06:57 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
somebody[_2_]

Default Time to move on [was Lezyne Deca Drive 1500XXL Report]

On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 15:21:29 -0800, sms
wrote:

201 posts on this subject, not including a bunch of incoherent rantings
by datakoll that were filtered out.

Time to argue about something else.

Chain waxing. Then morph into outdated components, home tire
building, flat tires in the southwest, Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnel
and finally morbid obesity in illegal immigrants on welfare.

Good times!

My experience a with Lezyne pump BCDrums Techniques 2 October 19th 13 07:56 PM
Lezyne mini pumps? Ronko Techniques 2 November 2nd 09 01:34 AM
Lezyne Road Drive vs Innovations 2nd Wind Pump C.H. Luu Techniques 1 May 31st 09 04:49 PM
Skyline Drive, VA - ride report (with pics) siafirede Unicycling 6 November 20th 07 04:36 AM
Nippleclamp ride [flight] test report, catastrophic failure main drive psychic gorillas Unicycling 0 March 24th 07 08:27 AM