Heart Rate Monitor

Old April 1st 04, 10:51 PM
James Calivar

Default Heart Rate Monitor

"Stephen Baker" wrote in message
James C says:

Heh heh He said "Serious"...

No, I said ""serious"".

Now that's some "serious" nit-picking. ;-)

Well, I put it in quotes to kind of convey that it's "sorta serious" but not
"really serious." Otherwise people here might not take me seriously.

Old April 2nd 04, 12:25 AM
iddqd

Giant ATX 860 wrote:
Hi guys, I bought myself a Polar HRM today.
My question is, the manual says that you should keep the moinitor away from
dust and stuff, and to also wash the Sensor strap after each use.
Well I have mounted the HRM on my handlebars.

I don't want to keep taking it off after each ride, is it ok to just leave
it on my bike, or should I keep it put away.

Like the others say - it should be fine there. (until you crash and land
on it that is).

And do I really need to wash the strap after each ride ?

I see the strap as a piece of clothing and I certainly don't want to
wear a sweaty piece of clothing again and again without washing. That
being said I simply soak mine gently under the tap and press the water
out of the fabric a few times - kindda like I do with the pading of my
helmet.

Also if I am out riding and it starts to rain will the HRM be ok.

Yes - at least mine is so far and it has seen a good deal of rain and
some mud as well.

Basicly Polar makes stuff that are thought to be used and will last.

Regards

Bruno

--
To mail me write to iddqdATworldonline.dk (U know what 2 do)

More of these http://www.westocykler.dk would mean less cars and less
polution.
Old April 2nd 04, 01:17 AM
Stephen Baker

James C says:

Otherwise people here might not take me seriously.

Heh heh! Not a chance, doesn't matter _who_ you are...

;-)

Steve