What kind of riding do YOU do?

Old April 7th 04, 04:27 PM
Bob Burns

Default What kind of riding do YOU do?

spademan o---[) * wrote:
"Bob Burns" wrote in message
. net...
Chris wrote:
"Roger Buchanan" wrote in message
Like so many activities there's a kinda
weird "risk-reward" thing going on.

Which is why I stopped rock climbing...there was an accident, by
rights I should have fallen about 60 feet to a boulder field. We
were INSTRUCTORS, for chrissake. Anything can happen, and the fun
of rock climbing isn't worth the dice roll for em anymore.

My "reward" is the
fun of still being allowed to ride (at all), and all the associated
benefits of healthy activity in the out of doors. I just keep
telling myself...

"Self! Remember, it's not about how you ride compared to so and
so... it's about how you ride for yourself that really counts."

Exactly. You're hvaing your own fun, you're outside, and no matter
what every-other-page in mtb magazines (and every-other-voice on
this group) tells you, you don't need mad technical skills or a
$4000 bike to dig a ride - or be a mountain biker.

- Rog

Chris

Right on! At my age (67) I'm happy to be riding at all! Most of my
riding is on pavement, including bike paths, with a little trail
riding.

Hey don't knock it, down in South Florida that would rates as extreme
technical freeride...

Steve.

Remind me to stay out of So. Florida! No cross country sking in the winter
either, I'll bet!

--
Bob Burns
Mill Hall PA

Old April 7th 04, 06:21 PM
JD

ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...
Rog says:

http://www.primalwear.com/2004site/2...IEN-NATION.gif

You'd really ride around with a day-glo picture of JD on your chest?

Some people....

Steve

Infamy is a good thing.

JD
Old April 7th 04, 07:23 PM
J'm Sm'th

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 12:01:27 -0500, Roger Buchanan
wrote:
With the weather being so gorgeous I took in some bike shops to preview
the spring line-ups. A couple of times I got asked about the type of
riding that I do. I'm getting used to that question, but I still feel
kinda "apologetic" about my answer. "Uhm, almost completely hardpacked
singletrack, nothing technical..." (Doc's orders)

Good that you're out and kicking, though. What kind of riding do I do? Pooh
riding, of course.
--
J'm Sm'th
To Reply Direct, Remove Clothes

Old April 7th 04, 07:43 PM
Stephen Baker

JD says:

Infamy is a good thing.

Yeah, the way you do it, it probably is ;-P

Steve
Old April 8th 04, 06:23 AM
Dave W

"spademan o---[\) *" had this to say

"Bob Burns" wrote in message
. net...
Chris wrote:
Right on! At my age (67) I'm happy to be riding at all! Most of my

riding
is on pavement, including bike paths, with a little trail riding.

Hey don't knock it, down in South Florida that would rates as extreme
technical freeride...

Steve.

hehehe, good one! Little Danny V would definetly think so.