Motorist Jailed

Old November 3rd 05, 11:59 AM
monsterman

Default Motorist Jailed

http://tinyurl.com/75oqj
The inconsistencies are just mind boggling aren't they. Where do you
ecen start to reconcile this with our friend Eugene's Barossa odyssey.
At least someone who deserves a stretch got one here (subject to appeal
of course ... ....)

--
monsterman

Old November 3rd 05, 12:07 PM
Donga

Monsterman - brilliant piece of news - except very sad to hear this
news of Kellie - a great lady and fine athlete - so glad she is alive
and relatively OK.

Key difference with Eugene: legal influence. Justice is for the poor.

Donga

Old November 4th 05, 12:46 AM
philipD

monsterman Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/75oqj
The inconsistencies are just mind boggling aren't they. Where do you
ecen start to reconcile this with our friend Eugene's Barossa odyssey.
At least someone who deserves a stretch got one here (subject to appeal
of course ... ....)

I can't help but wonder if he would have avoided jail if he had been
licensed!

Phil.

--
philipD

Old November 4th 05, 01:02 AM
osc

I'm very glad to see he got jail time, but wonder what disqualifying him
from getting a licence will achieve since he obviously has no problem
driving without one anyway.

Easy to be extremely remorseful after the event too when you have
destroyed a part of someones life....

Stewart

--
osc

Old November 4th 05, 01:23 AM
TimC

On 2005-11-04, osc (aka Bruce)

I'm very glad to see he got jail time, but wonder what disqualifying him
from getting a licence will achieve since he obviously has no problem
driving without one anyway.

I'm surprised that part of the sentence wasn't "suspended", either

Easy to be extremely remorseful after the event too when you have
destroyed a part of someones life....

Oh, he wasn't remorseful about that -- he was more remorseful about
the prospect of facing 5 months in jail.

--
TimC
cat /kat/ n. A furry keyboard cover
Old November 4th 05, 05:36 AM
Donga

Hard to believe, but the good ole' Courier Mail has a second article on
this matter:

http://tinyurl.com/7ky58

Kellie had some useful words:

Outside court, Ms Moule - who has yet to resume regular road cycling
- said that unlike their European counterparts, Australian motorists
showed an arrogance to cyclists that needed to change to stop more
accidents like hers occurring.

"The laws are fairly tough . . . but I think if the attitude of people
changes and there's a lot of pressure put on them to have respect for
cyclists, then we have really won," Moule said.

"Even if, as a motorist, you are angered at a cyclist you think has
done the wrong thing, just remember how big and how powerful your car
is and how small, fragile and unprotected the cyclist is," she said.

"The cyclist is always going to come off second-best, and you don't
just impact the cyclist, you impact their friends, their family,
everyone."

Donga

Cyclist killer jailed, motorist killer let off. Peter B UK 0 August 20th 05 09:18 PM
Critical Mass causes Sacramento Motorist to drive off road Ifoundmore Social Issues 2 July 18th 05 04:18 PM
Another caring sharing motorist David Hansen UK 8 May 30th 05 08:00 AM
Driver jailed Helen C Simmons UK 31 February 14th 05 09:17 PM
cyclist shoots motorist Steven M. O'Neill General 145 February 19th 04 02:49 AM