How much to park my car?

Old April 27th 04, 09:55 PM
.o0 0o.

Default How much to park my car?

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...24/detail.html

Good thing I don't live in Boston.
Even better that I can take my bike inside with me.

--
Heterosexual does NOT mean homophobic
White does NOT mean racist

To reply directly to me use DEODORANT

Old April 27th 04, 11:42 PM
AustinMN

..o0 0o. wrote
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...24/detail.html

Good thing I don't live in Boston.
Even better that I can take my bike inside with me.

"Last summer the price for a spot topped out at $167,000 -- and that does
not include taxes of about $800 a year and condo fees of $162 a month."

Within three miles, there are places where you can lease a spot for the
equivalent of $25/day (less than the condo fee).

What price convenience.

Austin

Old April 27th 04, 11:54 PM
Bill Blum

..o0 0o. wrote:
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...24/detail.html

Good thing I don't live in Boston.
Even better that I can take my bike inside with me.

.... yikes.
That's more than twice what I pay for a 1 car garage that happens to
have an attached 2 story, 3 bedroom house.
Old April 28th 04, 04:20 AM
Rick Onanian

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 22:42:12 GMT, "AustinMN"
wrote:
"Last summer the price for a spot topped out at $167,000 -- and that does
not include taxes of about $800 a year and condo fees of $162 a month."

Within three miles, there are places where you can lease a spot for the
equivalent of $25/day (less than the condo fee).

Your arithmetic is flawed; the condo fee would have to reach
$750/month before $25/day equals it. Of course, the point is still
valid; that's pretty damned excessive.

I'm sure glad I live where I could park a bunch of cars for free on
my lawn. Actually, I've parked a bunch of bikes there...
--
Rick Onanian
Old April 28th 04, 04:35 PM
AustinMN

wrote:
"Last summer the price for a spot topped out at $167,000 -- and that does
not include taxes of about $800 a year and condo fees of $162 a month."

Within three miles, there are places where you can lease a spot for the
equivalent of $25/day (less than the condo fee).

Your arithmetic is flawed; the condo fee would have to reach
$750/month before $25/day equals it. Of course, the point is still
valid; that's pretty damned excessive.

Yup, I mixed a bunch of things up, including a $6/day lot (about 6 miles)
that I ended up editing out...and then mixing the facts. Think before you
post...think before you post...think before you post...

Austin
--
I'm pedaling as fast as I durn well please!
There are no X characters in my address

Old May 2nd 04, 07:18 AM
LioNiNoiL_a t_NetscapE_D 0 T_NeT

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...24/detail.html

I used to think the guy I worked with ten years ago was nuts to pay $180
a month for parking his car near the State Capitol.