Philly sucks

Old June 12th 05, 05:22 PM
Sierraman

"Kyle Legate" wrote in message
Sierraman wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote in message

You're whining.

Some of you guys need to move on and allow new blood to run the group.

You
guys can't stay in here forever. As far as I know only Kunich can do

that. A
lot of you guys are getting older and it's just not very respectable to

talk
the talk when you are way beyond your racing years. I don't know how old
Davy was but he is gone as are many, many others. It's time move on.

Thank you for your valueless judgement. Now it's time to follow your own
advice. Buh bye.

I don't think many value your judgements.

Today should be the day, good day to move on.

Old June 12th 05, 05:30 PM
Sierraman

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 21:04:44 -0700, "Sierraman"
wrote:

"Me" wrote in message
On 6/11/05 8:30 PM, in article ,

"Sierraman"
wrote:

"Me" wrote in message
On 6/11/05 11:32 AM, in article
,
"Sierraman"
wrote:

"h squared" wrote in

message
Sierraman wrote:
----------

if you don't like these people, why are you reading and replying

their posts when it's so easy to skip over them? i think you just

like
trolling and yelling (and that's what lots of people enjoy doing

on
usenet, so don't think i'm coming down on you or singling you out)

heather
ps, this is a rhetorical question

Are you still here too. Sheeze, I thought you moved on as well.

I'll check back in a few years and see how many of these guys are

still
feeding their habit. Yes that's right, I've been venting some, so

what,
since I don't hang here much anymore, I will have my say in this

thread.

Let's move on.

Bye, bye.

B-

http://www.rpi.edu/~markhn/sounds/getout.wav

That was bye, bye, to Heather. I will leave when this thread is over,

not a
minute sooner.

It will be over as soon as you stop whining.............

That's deep. At least everyone knows who I am, unlike you who hides

behind a
fake handle. You are the only one in this thread I don't know because you
hide behind a fake handle. Talkin to strangers, so that makes your

request
very low on the totem pole.

Step back, take a deep breath, perhaps killfile some people or better
yet, stop reading RBR. If that doesn't work, seek therapy. You're
hurting yoursefl here.

JT

I always thought you were a halfway decent guy although you have ribbed me a
fair bit in the past. I don't see you as a pack runner, more of a stand
alone kind of guy, and that takes more guts. Not running popularity contest
here, I am leaving and I am dam well having my say before I leave, and lots
of it. My therapy is this thread, speaking out against the dirtbags and
leaving this group now.

Bye.

Old June 12th 05, 05:52 PM
amit

Sierraman wrote:

Like I said before, since no one is interested in
women's cycling, it's pretty much a baiting contest to get people to talk
about women's racing. Since no one would be interested in talking about the
sport in general, quite often I have posted links to photos to spark a
conversion, like a proxy. Sometimes it had the desired effect, after they
made their remarks about the rider, then sometimes that might develop into
something more interesting about that rider, their teams, the race, the
course, and a whole realm of other interesting possibilities, at least to me
anyway, it would of been. Unfortunately most people are not interested in
anything other then making some quick sexist remarks and then they go about
their business.

that's a stupid tactic and i have a hard time buying it based on your
posting history.

if you posted your thoughts or analysis on racing a few people will be
interested, which is no different than what people interested in other
less popular subdisciplines of cycling (cross, track, local scenes) do.

when someone started a thread about the women's RR in the olympics this
was your contribution:

"Tina is about as chiseled as you can get, and not bad since she is old

enough to be Mom to the other girls. Lynn G is looking pretty fit. Lynn
B is very fit this year, she seems thinner then other years, not much
fat on her. I haven't seen Dotsie lately, but there was lot of fatties
in the road race. If you want to see fit, cut lean and mean, then you
need to look at Jeanson, and I have probably seen more close up photos
of her then anyone. Believe me, that is one extremely fit babe with
very little body fat anyway."

this the usual tone of your postings, from someone who is ostensibly
interested in the sporting aspect. i don't see you being tricked and
baited by crafty rbr dirtbags.

Old June 12th 05, 06:10 PM
Kyle Legate

Sierraman wrote:

I always thought you were a halfway decent guy although you have ribbed me a
fair bit in the past. I don't see you as a pack runner, more of a stand
alone kind of guy, and that takes more guts. Not running popularity contest
here, I am leaving and I am dam well having my say before I leave, and lots
of it. My therapy is this thread, speaking out against the dirtbags and
leaving this group now.

Jesus, what a whiner.
Old June 12th 05, 08:08 PM
Sierraman

"amit" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sierraman wrote:

[...]

It's a tactic based on what works here. It's actually more effective then
starting a text thread about a particular racer, event or team, not to
mention a historical discussion, which few have little interest. It's
certainly a tactic that works here. That is why I am leaving. Zero interest
here, way too many jerks for me to stay here. My two years is up, moving on
now.

if you posted your thoughts or analysis on racing a few people will be
interested, which is no different than what people interested in other
less popular subdisciplines of cycling (cross, track, local scenes) do.

That's not true. There is (zero) interest here, usually the only ones who
enter the threads are the troublemakers. I can't remember a good ladies
cycling thread here ever in the last two years. Nearly all of the threads
have been just bits and pieces here and there, but no solid discussions
about the womens side of the sport have taken place here. Ironically womens
cycling was very popular in this group a long time ago when Perryman was
posting and even before him. But they were run out by the dirtbags. I have
read quite a bit of the archived stuff from the very early days of rbr,
(about the mid-90's) and there were guys posting day by day stages in detail
of the women's Giro and the Grande Boucle, and with race reports to boot. In
those days semi-robust discussions took place of all the great women riders
including Luperini, and our gals, Mari and crew, and some of the girls had
excellent race reports. At one time women's cycling was the buzz of rbr in
the mid-90's. Then the dirtbags came and slowly killed the group. I talked
to Perryman once before asking why he was quitting his site. He wasn't the
only one, there were several others at that time keen on the ladies riders
and events, and often you even might get some inside details about races and
rides. What exists today are mostly a pack of rebels who are keen on keeping
women's cycling dead and out of rbr, at least they make sure they trash any
decent thread about the ladies that comes along. Pedalchick was a little
edgy here, but can you blame her with all the ribbing she had to endure? No
women in their right mind would post here. There are still very few, and
very seldom. I talked to one of the Top Pro women on occasion and she agrees
about the tone of this group when it comes to the ladies threads. In fact
over time I have talked to quite a number and some were x-managers of womens
racing teams and they quit posting years ago because of the steady stream of
dirtbags who have wrecked this group.

when someone started a thread about the women's RR in the olympics this
was your contribution:

"Tina is about as chiseled as you can get, and not bad since she is old

enough to be Mom to the other girls. Lynn G is looking pretty fit. Lynn
B is very fit this year, she seems thinner then other years, not much
fat on her. I haven't seen Dotsie lately, but there was lot of fatties
in the road race. If you want to see fit, cut lean and mean, then you
need to look at Jeanson, and I have probably seen more close up photos
of her then anyone. Believe me, that is one extremely fit babe with
very little body fat anyway."

this the usual tone of your postings, from someone who is ostensibly
interested in the sporting aspect. i don't see you being tricked and
baited by crafty rbr dirtbags.

I replied based on that level of conversation, as the next level rarely
occurs, no on is interested. No one wants to go into details about race
results, the races themselves, the stages, what happened in the stages, how
they were won, what the teams are like, riders salaries. Bla, bla, bla on
and on just like you guy fine tune every detail about the mens side of the
sport. I can fit in easily in the mid-90's since there so many robust
discussions going on at that time for women's cycling. According to what I
have read in the archive, it seems to have been a short period in the
mid-90's and it was fun reading, great stuff, but it didn't last because the
dirtbags snuffed out the fire again and again until all the ladies or the
other guys who were interested were driven out.

As least I took the time to read all that over time it get a better picture
of what happened to women's cycling in this group. I have always heard about
it but I had to read it firsthand, and now I can see what happened and is
still going on to this very day.

Old June 12th 05, 08:12 PM
Sierraman

"Kyle Legate" wrote in message

Jesus, what a whiner.

You are the one who posted that disgusting link of gay guys having sex.
Avoid this guy at all costs. He is one of the biggest troublemakers in this
group and a pervert to boot.

Old June 12th 05, 08:34 PM
Kyle Legate

Sierraman wrote:
"Kyle Legate" wrote in message

Jesus, what a whiner.

You are the one who posted that disgusting link of gay guys having sex.
Avoid this guy at all costs. He is one of the biggest troublemakers in this
group and a pervert to boot.

Refresh my memory, when did I do that? You seem to have a better memory
for the gay guys having sex than for the person that posted the alleged
link. While we're at it, what's so disgusting about homosexuals
expressing their love for one another?

You seem to have a lot of time for whining lately. And lying. And for
revising history. If you were to plot a list of the troublemakers of rbr
I wouldn't even be in the top 50. The only people I have flamed
significantly in my years here (which include those Good Ole Days you
seem to miss so much) are Kunich, Pappy and you. Why? Kunich deserves
it. Pappy deserves it. And, like it or not, you deserve it, for the
reasons that Amit has already discussed. And because you're a tool.

Have a nice day.
Old June 12th 05, 08:41 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

Sierraman,

Legate is someone I disagree with a lot, but he plays fair and doesn't
whine. Could you please just shut up your whining. It's tedious and
embarrassing.

JT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
****************************
Old June 12th 05, 10:02 PM
Tim Mullin

"Sierraman" wrote in
:

Actually I left several months ago but never said anything. I posted
looking for a Philly video on the fly, and made the mistake of posting
about Queen Tut.

No, your mistake was looking for a video of the women's race in Philly. I saw
it live, and what a piece of ****e it was. The selection was made the first
time up the wall, and after that they just rode around waiting for the bunch
sprint. Why anyone allready knowing the result would want to watch it is
beyond me.
Old June 12th 05, 10:06 PM
Mozilla Gorilla

"Sierraman" wrote in news:PIWdncJSzpXdWTbfRVn-
:

Again, that's deep fake handle. I don't have many words for strangers who
like to hide their antics behind a fake name.

Bitch,
That's funny coming from a guy named "Sierraman."