Philly sucks

Old June 11th 05, 01:54 AM
Sierraman

"amit" wrote in message
oups.com...

dumbass,

you're the biggest hypocrite. i thought it's was cool that you were
interested in a particular niche (women's racing), but you're the one
always going on about racer's looks and posting links to pics all the
time.

When I first came to the group a few years ago, I figured this would be cool
place to talk about cycling. I quickly realized it was run by a gang of
thugs which if you wanted in, you have to endure round after round of
humiliations which run the full gamut of all kinds of trips and traps,
carefully plotting at every turn to get their jollies. These poisonous
virulent snakes have more interest in causing general havoc and trying to
prove how crafty and smart they are rather then giving any thoughtful and
objective responses to posts. So what you end up with is I liken to talking
into a toilet. It really stinks in here sometimes, so it's a tradeoff. How
much bull**** do you want to endure to talk about cycling? 90 percent of
things I would of enjoyed talking about in the last couple of years never
happened because I know the dirtbags will pop up and destroy the post. So
maybe if you are lucky, once in a great while someone might sober up just
for a minute to say something thoughtful. Most of the goods posts are
usually destroyed by nonsense. It beats me how a post about getting a video
for Redlands could turn into 300 plus replies without hardly one single
reply about Redlands. I have taken a ton of **** for all the interest I have
had for the women's side of sport, mostly personal attacks and sick jokes.
But it's still the same old ****, nobody can leave it alone, the personal
attacks continue as they do for many others too. That's not really who I am
or want to be. I just played the game for a couple of years and figured if I
played in the mud for a while and went along with all the nonsense that
everyone would lighten up sooner or later. Things never change, and I doubt
they ever will if the same dirtbags rule this group. I have talked to a few
who were very high on totem pole here at times, and they can't explain it
either, why rbr is so poisoned compared to it's counterparts in Europe. I
talked to my cousin who teaches humanities at University, and he had an
explanation that was unique to our American culture, but that's not really
the whole answer. As for me, like I say, it's not that important anymore.
When it's no longer interesting or fun, you move on.

B-

Old June 11th 05, 02:41 AM
Frank Drackman

"Sierraman" wrote in message

"Howard Kveck" wrote in message
In article ,
"Sierraman" wrote:

Most girls go through Metamorphosis when racing. During and after an

event
at least for a time the juices are really flowing, so you get the

masculine
effect. But after a shower, some makeup, nice clothes and a Pina
Colada,
you wouldn't be able to even tell that was the same girl you saw

previously
racing.

And after all that and a shave, they wouldn't be able to tell it was
you. (Drum roll/cymbal smash) Heh heh, sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Howard

I'm not going to ask you to explain that one. It's seems like typical rbr
sexist slant joke. I know there are a record number of sexist types in
here
that can't just enjoy both sides of men's and women's racing, but they
have
make personal attacks if you don't worship the men, like Lance and crew. I
guess it's quite ok to be so fanatical about following the Top Pro men
racing careers in detail all the way down to what kind of underwear they
are
wearing, but if you like to enjoy the women's side of the sport, there
must
be something wrong with you, like you are gay or something. No, no, no,
you
see being from the older generation, a bit old fashion, I still like
women,
and there are still quite a few of us who do. Most of you guys have it
backwards see, you just need a little counseling. You need to be
re-trained
to be interested in women, not the men. It's takes time but you can get
your
priorities in order in due course. Walter, William and Phil and a few
others
who have a keen interest in women's cycling and takes some really hot
photos
have their priorities in order, as they have little interest watching a
pack
of men go through the motions. OK, fine men are faster, stronger, but I
think a lot of you guys need to stop worshipping Lance and take a look at
some of the (finer) aspects of the sport. Truth is, none of you guys
would
last more then a few stages with Somaribba, Brandli, or Luperini. Quite a
humbling experience, but the good news is, the best view is from the back
of
the pack. :-)

I have always enjoyed your knowledge of womens racing

Old June 11th 05, 04:19 AM
Sierraman

"Sierraman" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, sheez, the ones who say something nice are the ones I have never
spoken to, how ironic, I guess because I am usually do battle with
mudslingers. I have gotton a few emails supporting my posts over the years
as a result of this thread. Thanks guys and gals. Maybe someone new can fill
my shoes now. It's sad that one of the Top Pro women who is really good and
would like to post here but she agrees and likely won't return. She
certainly knows only too well not to throw her pearls before swine. I don't
blame her.

venting, getting some air now.

B-

Bruce

Old June 11th 05, 04:50 AM
Frank Drackman

"Sierraman" wrote:

[...]

We have discussed things in the past, I just keep changing my alias. I have
enjoyed your knowledge of women's racing as well as the reports of the rides
and environmental stuff in your area. Don't let the immature members get
you down. They try to tear people down so that they can hope to feel better
about their miserable lives.

Old June 11th 05, 05:18 AM
Sierraman

"Sierraman" wrote:

[...]

I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
something interesting about the women. That seems to work well in Europe but
here it usually only invites two types. One, the type who can only google
eye the women and speak to their faults, or two, attack the person who
posted it, usually me, that either you are sexist, pervert or gay for
posting the link. God forbid that anyone would actually want to discuss
anything about women's cycling so they like to rib you with the sexist
approach. Really pathetic, they don't do that over there in the Euro groups.
They don't post as much women's stuff over there either but they always
refrain from attacking your character.

B-

Old June 11th 05, 02:41 PM
Robert Chung

Sierraman wrote:
You are the only Indian guy I have even met that was foul mouthed, rude
and seem to have a enormous chip on his shoulders. I have met tons of
them over the years as they run all the quick stop stores down in the
valley, especially the liquor stores, gas stations. I have (never) met
one from India who was not polite and very friendly. In fact I knew
several from University, and we used to make Samosa and Tandori
chicken, Lassies, and all kinds of wonderful spiced curries after
school. They were always good company, and I never ran into one that
wasn't very humble, well mannered until I ran into you Amit in RBR.

Amit:

Sounds like Bruce wants you to be more like Apu on The Simpsons.

http://www.fortunecity.com/lavendar/...5/thnkhell.wav

Old June 11th 05, 02:42 PM
Kyle Legate

Sierraman wrote:
"amit" wrote in message
oups.com...

dumbass,

you're the biggest hypocrite. i thought it's was cool that you were
interested in a particular niche (women's racing), but you're the one
always going on about racer's looks and posting links to pics all the
time.

When I first came to the group a few years ago, I figured this would be cool
place to talk about cycling. I quickly realized it was run by a gang of
thugs which if you wanted in, you have to endure round after round of
humiliations which run the full gamut of all kinds of trips and traps,
carefully plotting at every turn to get their jollies.

That's not true. You only get humiliated if you're a tool.
Old June 11th 05, 02:46 PM
Kyle Legate

Sierraman wrote:

I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
something interesting about the women.

This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):

Rossner and Arndt become Gay Games ambassadors

Equipe Nurnberger's team manager and rider, Petra Rossner and Judith
Arndt, have recently joined the list of athletes to be named Gay Games
Ambassadors, reports 365gay.com.

Cycling has been part of every Gay Games since its inception in 1982,
when cyclo-cross and road races were held. In July 2006, at the Gay
Games VII to be held in Chicago, mountain biking, criteriums and time
trials have been added, although cyclo-cross no longer features as part
of the programme.

"Cycling is our first love, of course, but there is a sport for almost
everyone at the Gay Games," said Rossner. "We can't think of a better
goal to set than to get fit and take part in an event that does so much
on behalf of the gay and lesbian community around the world."

"We are both really pleased to get the opportunity to support the Gay
Games as Ambassadors," said Arndt.

Federation of Gay Games co-president Kathleen Webster said: "We're
honored that Petra and Judith are becoming Ambassadors in the middle of
their ongoing professional careers. Their openness and enthusiasm about
the goals of the Gay Games are an inspiration and I'm sure will earn
them many new fans."

Discuss.
Old June 11th 05, 02:51 PM
Me

On 6/11/05 6:46 AM, in article , "Kyle Legate"
wrote:

Sierraman wrote:

I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
something interesting about the women.

This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):

Why?
It was a surprise??

Old June 11th 05, 03:06 PM
Me

wrote:

Sierraman wrote:

I don't, just venting, but it's a shame that rbr can't be as mature and
robust as it's European counterparts. It's been a real eye opener talking to
that crowd and understanding how they do it over there in their groups. I
have posted links and photos of racing women here in the past as a way to
break the ice, like a proxy so that might open the door to talk about
something interesting about the women.

This is interesting (from Cyclingnews):

Rossner and Arndt become Gay Games ambassadors

Equipe Nurnberger's team manager and rider, Petra Rossner and Judith
Arndt, have recently joined the list of athletes to be named Gay Games
Ambassadors, reports 365gay.com.

After finding the story on that page THIS was a more interesting read:

At the Athens Summer Olympic Games two months earlier, Arndt won a silver
medal in the women's road race and made headlines around the world for
giving a one-finger salute as she crossed the finish line to the German
cycling federation for leaving Rossner off the 2004 Olympic team.* It was a
gesture of solidarity for a teammate who Arndt believed could have helped
propel one of the German cyclists to gold.

That Arndt and Rossner were in a committed relationship at the time was
also reported, but Rossner's achievements made Arndt's protest compelling.*
Much of the international press printed the fact of their being live-in
girlfriends almost as a sidelight to the incident itself, perhaps a sign
that merely being gay or lesbian isn't enough in certain sport circles to
generate headlines these days.