Potential "Nightline" topic (Tyler Hamilton)

Old August 13th 03, 01:03 AM
Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles

Default Potential "Nightline" topic (Tyler Hamilton)

I sent this email to Nightline via their website at
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/night...mail_form.html

Nightline's done stories on Lance Armstrong and the Tour de France
before... what about Tyler Hamilton, the American who broke his collarbone
on the second day of the race, and yet rode on to take 4th place?

And in the 2002 Giro d' Italia, he rode the last third of the race with the
top of his arm fractured (due to a crash in the race).

This year, he won two important races (Tour de Romandie and
Liege-Baston-Liege) before his incredible ride in the Tour de France.

Someday, in a linguistic reference book, the phrase "Tough as nails" is
going to be referenced to Tyler Hamilton.

Lance is an amazing story, but he's not the only source of inspiration from
one of the world's toughest sporting events.

Thanks for your consideration of this story-

Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com

They've done a number of features on Lance Armstrong, and I'm sure they'll
do more. But I think Tyler is quite the "American" story as well. If you
agree, you might want to drop them a line as well.

Thanks-

Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
IMBA, BikesBelong, NBDA member

Old August 13th 03, 06:02 PM
FlashSteve

I know this is not exactly what you are asking, but Tyler is a really dull
interview. He might be a really nice guy, but he comes across so low key, as
to be dull. Lance, on the other hand, is not a great interview, but he has
enough of an edge to be interesting.

The real reason is that the media doesn't think the public is ready for two
'human interest stories' from a tiny sport.

Steve Scarich