Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 27th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jim A

Default Sram i-Motion 3 Speed Coaster Review

pdxrandonneur wrote:
On Nov 25, 6:12 pm, pH wrote:
snip
As an internal-gear fan (although I should not be, at my weight), I
appreciate your review.

I am intrigued by your comments that Sturmey-Archer is working on new
offerings and hope there will be reviews on their equipment as well.

They have actually updated the web site, have a blog and a facebook
page and the new catalog is mouth watering:

http://www.sturmey-archer.com/userfi..._Catalogue.pdf

The new shifters for the 3 & 5 speed hubs look extremely nice and will
be available in thumb, downtube and bar end versions. Last word from
Sturmey is that they will be available when the S3X hubs get to
market, supposedly in a few months. Every gear hub fan should make a
point of buying one in order to demonstrate that there is in fact a
market for nice gear hub shifters. We have been bitching about this
for long enough that we need to put our money where our mouth is now
that someone listened.

-Rando

That's a very good point. I won't take much persuading to buy a new
shifter. My 5-speed SA twist grip looks like it's made by Fisher-Price.
The new twist grips look better, but I especially like the look of the
simple lever which can also be used as a down-tube shifter.