Latest uni class / club update

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 17th 04, 05:17 PM
billham

Default Latest uni class / club update

We have one week left for the official close of the uni class. The
class has been well received by the participants and the church who is
allowing us to us the gym. I just got approval to keep using the gym on
a weekly basis and most of our present riders are excited that we have a
weekly meeting place.

We now have a core group of unicyclists and a weekly meeting place which
is crucial to my plans for growth of the sport in our area. We average
10 riders per session and are continuing to see people showing interest
in learning. A couple of known riders from the area have yet to show up
to join us for an evening.

As I had planned (and hoped!), the class has given us a solid foundation
for the beginnings of a club. I am very pleased with the fruits of our
labor. I say "our" because of the great support I have had from some of
the other people in our group. I initiated the class and got it
started, but much credit goes to Chris and Bob (unidaddy). Chris has
done a great job of recruiting others to join us and Bob has been
selfless in helping me teach the newbies. Thanks guys!

To celebrate the completion of the class and the "beginning" of our uni
club (unofficialy a club) we are riding in a local Christmas Parade.
Looks like we will have at least 8 local riders in the parade! Needless
to say, I am pumped!

Next step will be to organize a leadership group, establish some goals
and move forward with plans for club unicycles, trials props,
performances (for promotion and fundraising) and for recruiting more
members. Looks like 2005 is going to be a big unicycling year for
Washington County.

Bill

--
billham

On my way to starting a local unicycle club!
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625