fixies: the conversation starter

Old June 9th 06, 12:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Default fixies: the conversation starter

gday,
been riding a fixie to work for the past 3 or 4 months now..
i rekon on average, i've been talked to by 2 ppl a week regarding my
pushy, what its like to ride a fixie etc..
either that or comments such as "are you fscking mad?" as they ride
past

So in all, i get a hell of a lot more people commenting on my $200
fixie than my $3500 bling litespeed

ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

Old June 9th 06, 01:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle

dej Wrote:

ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

Bwhahahahha, get a recumbent, it's a retired-engineer-magnet.

Back to topic, 'tis a pity the Fixed Gear Enthusiass site is broken.
Hrmmm, I can envisage a homegrown version with big hairy blokes posing
in their undies or going commando...

--
cfsmtb

Old June 9th 06, 02:55 AM posted to aus.bicycle

dej Wrote:
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

OI!

_*I*_ was that "bearded old man" who spoke to you this morning -- and
enough of the "old" thanks junior!

--
treadly&me

Old June 9th 06, 05:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last 3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Jules
Old June 9th 06, 05:33 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-09, Jules (aka Bruce)
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last 3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Where's your root, um, I mean route?

--
TimC
I don't want Perl to be beautiful -- I want you to write
Old June 9th 06, 06:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-09, Jules (aka Bruce)
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last 3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Where's your root, um, I mean route?

Yeah... no hint of one called "Hot chicks route" (note spelling) on Bikely!

--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
Old June 9th 06, 06:57 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-09, Jules (aka Bruce)
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last

3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Where's your root, um, I mean route?

--
TimC
I don't want Perl to be beautiful -- I want you to write
beautiful programs in Perl. --Larry Wall

You suspecting you are one of those hot chicks Tim??

--
warrwych

Old June 9th 06, 07:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-09, warrwych (aka Bruce)

On 2006-06-09, Jules (aka Bruce)
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last

3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Where's your root, um, I mean route?

You suspecting you are one of those hot chicks Tim??

I haven't been riding a fixie. And I'm unmistakably male when viewed
from the front And I'm probably not considered hot.

GET A HAIRCUT ME HIPPY!

--
TimC
Beating is one thing .... pounding accompanied by the shakes is a bit
Old June 9th 06, 07:50 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-06-09, warrwych (aka Bruce)
On 2006-06-09, Jules (aka Bruce)
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me
I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last
3
months.

(In Melbourne)
Where's your root, um, I mean route?

You suspecting you are one of those hot chicks Tim??

I haven't been riding a fixie. And I'm unmistakably male when viewed
from the front And I'm probably not considered hot.

GET A HAIRCUT ME HIPPY!

Oh, Tim... don't put yourself down... I have friends that love men in
lycra. Admittedly, they are men too but sometimes you gotta take what
you can get!

Old June 9th 06, 08:40 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Jules Wrote:
ps, if any hot chicks wanna start a convo, please do, i'm tired of
bearded old men talking to me

I've actually spotted 3 (three!) hot chicks riding fixies in the last
3
months.

(In Melbourne)

Jules

I've had a couple of conversations with a distinctly hot chick who
rides what appears to be a very tasty fixie (actually SS, but it's
still loaded with class) in Footscray. There's a few of them around.

--
Resound

Torker CX - se good starter Uni? (noob question) chromizone Unicycling 7 April 8th 06 12:24 AM
Six Fixies Gags Australia 3 February 3rd 06 12:04 AM
sober reflection on an inebriated conversation Andy Gee General 9 October 3rd 05 10:17 PM
Starter Cycle? e39m5 Unicycling 23 May 6th 05 06:07 AM
Conversation with sons about sports- WARNING - LONG Maggie General 59 April 15th 05 01:46 PM