not tactics just lazy

Old July 20th 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bounty Bob

Default not tactics just lazy

Sheesh letting Landis get all that time back and neither
CSC or T-Mobile (who seem to have the rest of their team
in the peleton at this time with only Sinkewitz right
behind Landis). I think the only excuse can be cyclists
are just utterly lazy. No yellow, why should we work?
Lose the race well its not our fault...
Old July 20th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
Sheesh letting Landis get all that time back and neither
CSC or T-Mobile (who seem to have the rest of their team
in the peleton at this time with only Sinkewitz right
behind Landis). I think the only excuse can be cyclists
are just utterly lazy. No yellow, why should we work?
Lose the race well its not our fault...

Why should CSC and T-Mobile make an effort? Pereiro and his team are doing
all the work and the others are waiting until they have tired themselves.
Basic rule of bicyle racing: lick the plate of your neighbour clean before
starting on your own.

Benjo

Old July 20th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bounty Bob

benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
Sheesh letting Landis get all that time back and neither
CSC or T-Mobile (who seem to have the rest of their team
in the peleton at this time with only Sinkewitz right
behind Landis). I think the only excuse can be cyclists
are just utterly lazy. No yellow, why should we work?
Lose the race well its not our fault...

Why should CSC and T-Mobile make an effort? Pereiro and his team are doing
all the work and the others are waiting until they have tired themselves.
Basic rule of bicyle racing: lick the plate of your neighbour clean before
starting on your own.

So you let Landis get 10 minutes to ensure you don't do any work?
Well thats just moronic.
Old July 20th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
u...
benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
Sheesh letting Landis get all that time back and neither
CSC or T-Mobile (who seem to have the rest of their team
in the peleton at this time with only Sinkewitz right
behind Landis). I think the only excuse can be cyclists
are just utterly lazy. No yellow, why should we work?
Lose the race well its not our fault...

Why should CSC and T-Mobile make an effort? Pereiro and his team are
doing all the work and the others are waiting until they have tired
themselves. Basic rule of bicyle racing: lick the plate of your neighbour
clean before starting on your own.

So you let Landis get 10 minutes to ensure you don't do any work?
Well thats just moronic.

If Klöden or Sastre want to win the Tour they have to beat Pereiro. So I
think they are very happy with Landis' attack. Landis is forcing Pereiro and
his team to tire themselves, and Landis wont get 10 minutes. He is no
superman.

Benjo

Old July 20th 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ernst Noch

Bounty Bob wrote:
benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
Sheesh letting Landis get all that time back and neither
CSC or T-Mobile (who seem to have the rest of their team
in the peleton at this time with only Sinkewitz right
behind Landis). I think the only excuse can be cyclists
are just utterly lazy. No yellow, why should we work?
Lose the race well its not our fault...

Why should CSC and T-Mobile make an effort? Pereiro and his team are
doing all the work and the others are waiting until they have tired
themselves. Basic rule of bicyle racing: lick the plate of your
neighbour clean before starting on your own.

So you let Landis get 10 minutes to ensure you don't do any work?
Well thats just moronic.

They don't care how much time Landis gets. They care for being

a) in front of Landis
and additionally
b) in front of Sastre (for TMO) or in front of Klöden (for CSC)
c) in front of Pereiro

They'll try to reduce the gap in the flat as much as possible while
spending only the energy they have to, because they'll need it for their
goals b) and c).

I'd say it's running quite well for CSC and TMO at the moment.

Old July 20th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
u...
benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
[...]

Pereiro and crew didn't need to worry about Landis until he got about 6
minutes or so. Up until that time Leipheimer, Zubeldia, Moreau, etc...
should've had their teams riding to protect their positions. It's too
late for that now, tho. Pereiro, Sastre, and Menchov should've been
resting, but Pereiro burned his boys out when AG2R, Eusketal, and
Gerolsteiner should've been doing the work.

Old July 20th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
benjo maso

"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
u...
benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
[...]

Why? They should work like slaves to reduce the possibility that their
leader will finish 9th in stead of 8th?

Benjo

Old July 20th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

benjo maso wrote:
"Scott" wrote in message
ups.com...

benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
u...
benjo maso wrote:
"Bounty Bob" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. It happens all the time, and Landis was counting on it. He even
commented on it earlier in the Tour, when he took the lead back after
Alpe d'Huez, when he said that now that other riders who felt they
couldn't win would have other things to worry about, then other teams
would have to ride.

Lot's of times riders ride not to lose, rather than to win. Riding to
not lose 7th or 8th is just as bad as riding not to lose 1st.

Old July 20th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ernst Noch

TennLawyer wrote:
I think not.

Well, ex post you are right, but nobody could have assumed such a
monstrous ride by Landis. He spent considerably more energy before and
still didn't lose much time in the last mountain.

Some radio shlock jock tactics TimC Australia 5 May 31st 06 11:49 AM
RR: Lazy Sunday morning ride SuzieB Australia 4 November 7th 05 01:35 AM
Gears making me lazy? EuanB Australia 17 August 18th 05 04:10 AM
Race Tactics mogulhead Australia 5 July 30th 05 07:19 PM
Dodgy Race Tactics LotteBum Australia 15 July 30th 05 07:15 PM