Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters andsidewalks

Old April 24th 08, 01:55 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
ComandanteBanana

Default kind of impractical for cyclists to carry a gun under a lycrashort

On Apr 24, 5:29*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 11:39 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message

[...]

I knew you were the right kind of people when it comes to survival.

Gunner Ass is an asshole - and so are you!

You know, originally I was very anti gun, but then I realized that the

Swiss have more guns (not handguns) per capita than America. I think
the real issue is education, but I don't see anything happening in
that front either.

And you think Americans are in any way comparable to the civilized Swiss?
No, but they could be if there was the political will.

**** the Swiss and all they represent in the world! Hitler should have
turned the whole place into a concentration camp for libertarians.

My girlfriend wants a handgun for the overnight canoe trips, but we'll

see. The worst predators out there are not criminals, but speeding
motorboats.

There is no way in this world an asshole like you could possibly have a
girl
friend. What is she, some kind of freak from an insane asylum? The one
thing
I know for sure is that I do not want an asshole like Gunner (he has
murder
in his heart) and a poor crazy fool like you anywhere near guns. Instead
of
posting nonsense to these honorable newsgroups, why don't you just go ****
yourself. Better yet, take that asshole Gunner with you. He knows all
about
cocksucking so you should have lots of fun together.

And do you offer any *****ing* solution, old man? I think Alzheimer
has taken over your neurotic neurons.

This from an asshole who equates human society with lions in the ****ing
jungle!

Not quite. The Rich and Powerful already like to associate themselves
with the lions. So the rest must be the mokeys, given to survival and
cooperation. But they are smart, and if they get together, they can
put the lions in the cage.

And you must be an old alligator, already living with dementia.
Old April 24th 08, 05:23 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Gunner[_2_]

Default Where the cyclists in America belong: back alleys, gutters and sidewalks

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:43:39 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

On Apr 23, 1:10*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

Nope. I don't see the case in preparing for WWIII.

Was Katrina WW3?
Was any of the massive floods last year, wild fires and so forth WW3?

3 weeks is about how long it takes Fema to get everyone in an effected
area taken care off with the necessities.
Toss in something nicely widespread, like the New Madrid fault letting
go, (its way way over due..and some quakes have been noted recently)
and you are well and truely ****ed if the incident is not reglegated
to your immediate neighborhood.

It costs very little to put up food, water, medical supplies, shelter
and so forth.

Far less than what you paid for that trike, if done intelligently. I
provided you with the links.

If you loose your job tommorow, how long can you live on your savings?
Assuming the bank remains solvent, the IRS doesnt freeze your accounts
etc etc.

Never been at the mercy of government agencies who **** up your
paperwork etc etc?
Get hit on that trike..and watch the fun start.

Been there, done that, had to survive for 6 months without an income.
Did it with my stored supplies, and kept my family fed.

We live in very uncertain times, both economically, and
geopolitically.

You may wish to reconsider your view. *Shrug..your choice, your life.
Make your choices wisely. *There usually isnt a "do over"

Gunner

Not all emergencies are caused by war.

You made me think. I will pay attention to that. Thanks for the tips!

Like I said, if you want to learn, we will be happy to teach you.

Hey, I mentioned before dried food... Have you done it? Isn't it a
great way to be ready?

Dried foods are ok. They tend to be very very expensive per unit
calorie, and dont forget they need water for the most part, for usage.
They do store well, have fairly long shelf lives and tend to be
compact.
On the hand, canned goods are cheap, contain their own water/juice and
have decent shelf lives, but not as long as freeze dried and take up
far more space. But are indeed far far cheaper.
If you buy what you eat, and use rotation, of your canned goods, the
shelf life is never in question.

If you like doing things, you can dehydrate a lot of fruits and
veggies yourself, using inexpensive dehydrators or even your oven, and
with a vacuum sealer, also very inexpensive for the most part..you can
put up a lot of cheap fruits and veggies and have the best of both
worlds. It is, like old fashion canning, somewhat labor intensive
however.
Its easy to make your own trail mix, etc etc. And very cheaply. Very
cheaply by catching fruits and vegies on sale or at farmers markets
etc.

Read some of the links and cites I provided, to get a feel for the
subject

Start with this to find out exactly what your intake requirements
are...

http://lds.about.com/library/bl/faq/blcalculator.htm

Then this...
http://athagan.members.atlantic.net/.../PFSFAQ-1.html

http://standeyo.com/News_Files/menu.food.store.html
http://www.fcs.uga.edu/pubs/current/FDNS-E-34-2.html

Ill provide more, once you have digested G these links

Something else, mentioned in the above..is storage area. Its going to
be far different if you life in a 1 room studio apartment, or a farm
house, so thats a consideration when planning on what to put aside for
a "rainy day".

While you are working on implimenting your long term food/supply
storage..you should be putting together a "bug out bag"..a "BOB",
something you can grab and scram with, that contains the essentials
for a minumum of 72 hours. Food, water, communications, first aid,
shelter, money, documentation, "snivel kit", self defense, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bug-out_bag

We on alt.survival and misc.survivalism have come up with many
varities, with most having common items. Every member of your family
should have one of these, securely stashed somewhere easily
accessible, that you grab on the way out the door.

Lady friend of mine, was awakened by the sounds of bullhorns a year or
so back, telling the residents of her area to evacuate NOW!

Seems a train had wrecked upwind of her subdivision, and was leaking
sulphuric acid fumes. She grabbed her BOB, her pets and scrammed. Good
thing too, as it was nearly a week before they were allowed back into
her subdivision.

Few of the serious emergencies we can encounter are the result of war,
riot etc.

Chuckle...some years ago, family I knew, had the neighbors home
invaded by some bank robbers on the run from the cops, resulting in a
5 day stand off (hostages). Of course they evac'd everyone in the
neighborhood.

Guy told me later, it was bad..really bad, being forced out of their
home, no food, water, shelter, no place to go, all the credit cards
etc etc still sitting on his dresser. The cops wernt particularly
helpful, and social services simply laughed at him.

They wound up sleeping in their car for 5 days.
He since has made up BOBs.

Shrug..as I said..there are no "do overs", but "that which does not
kill you, makes you stronger..and hopefully, smarter"

Gunner
Old April 24th 08, 05:24 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Gunner[_2_]

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:41:16 -0500, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 07:24:48 -0700 (PDT), ComandanteBanana
wrote:

On Apr 22, 9:34 pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Where you may have rescue.
Yeah, no more than a mile away from shore.

Ayup. A PDF and some dog paddling and you are safe.

So I should take my computer with Acrobat Writer when boating?

Sigh..dyslexics untie!

PFD.. personal floatation device.

I tend to post after work..often 16-18 hour days...

Gunner
Old April 24th 08, 08:52 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Edward Dolan

Default The Banana Republic

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 5:29 am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
This from an asshole who equates human society with lions in the ****ing
jungle!

Not quite. The Rich and Powerful already like to associate themselves

with the lions. So the rest must be the mokeys, given to survival and
cooperation. But they are smart, and if they get together, they can
put the lions in the cage.

And you must be an old alligator, already living with dementia.

Anyone who equates human society with animals in the jungle is a demented
idiot. You and Gunner Ass were made for one another. He is an imbecile and
so are you.

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old April 24th 08, 09:03 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 23, 10:34*pm, Tom Sherman
wrote:
ComandanteBanana wrote:
[...]Coops are the ideal in that there's no lion in
them.[...]

But coops are full of chickens.

And bicycle path where the kids can ride safely too. Try that in the
outside world.

Organization
Most kibbutzim are laid out according to a similar plan. The
residential area encompasses carefully-tended members' homes and
gardens, children's houses and playgrounds for every age group, and
communal facilities such as a dining hall, auditorium, library,
swimming pool, tennis court, medical clinic, laundry, grocery and the
like. Adjacent to the living quarters are sheds for dairy cattle and
modern chicken coops, as well as one or more industrial plants.
Agricultural fields, orchards and fish ponds are located around the
perimeter, a short tractor ride from the center. To get from place to
place within the kibbutz, people either walk or ride bicycles, while
electric carts are provided for the disabled and elderly.
Old April 24th 08, 09:08 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 24, 5:32*am, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

****
yourself. Better yet, take that asshole Gunner with you. He knows all
about
cocksucking so you should have lots of fun together.

And do you offer any *****ing* solution, old man? I think Alzheimer
has taken over your neurotic neurons.

He is just a bitter old ****, upset that no one gives him any respect,
not understanding that respect is earned, not given.

We simply give him amused contemt, and its driving him even farther
off the reservation because his (undeserved) self esteem is being
threatened.

Gunner
You're an idiot. A moron of the highest order. You're so stupid it's a

wonder you can remember to breath. Intelligent ideas bounce off your head as
if it were coated with teflon. Creative thoughts take alternate
transportation in order to avoid even being in the same state as you. If you
had an original thought it would die of loneliness before the hour was out..
On an intelligence scale of 1 to 10 (10 corresponding to the highest
attainable IQ) you're rating is so far into negative numbers that one would
need to travel into another quantum reality in order to even catch a distant
glimpse of it.

Your personality is that of a rabid chihuahua intent on
destroying its own tail. Your powers of observation are like that of the
bird who keeps slamming into the picture window trying to get that other
bird it keeps seeing. *You are walking, talking proof that you don't have to
be sentient to survive, and that Barnum was thinking of you when he uttered
his immortal phrase regarding the birth of a sucker.

You are, at varying times, tedious, boring, earth shatteringly hilarious in
your idiocy,
childish, moronic, pathetic, wretched, disgusting and pitiful. You are
wholly without any redeeming social graces or value. If God ever decides to
give the planet an enema you'd better run like the wind because anywhere you
stand is a suitable place for The Insertion.

And you probably dress funny, too.

There is no animal so disgusting, so vile that it deserves comparison to
you, for even the lowest, dirtiest, most parasitic member of the animal
kingdom fills an ecological niche. You fill no niche.
To call you a parasite would be injurious to the thousands of honest
parasitic species. You are worse than vermin, for vermin does not pretend
to be what it is not. You are truly human garbage.

You are a fraudulent, lying, predatory charlatan. You are worthless
compared to burnt-out light bulbs. Your will forever live in shame. You
have nothing to say, and Godwin's Law does not apply when writing
about you.

You are the anti-Midas, for all that you touch becomes valueless and
unusable. Mothers gather their children close when you appear. You are
Nature's way of saying "&#%!!"

You should get a real job but you are unemployable. You misspell short words
and I doubt you can dance. You are as an oil slick upon a natural paradise..
You would proposition Jon Benet Ramsey, and seduce her with bogus lines.
You have made Tim Thorne look competent. You spoil everybody's day, and your
horoscope is rarely accurate.

You are an aberration, a corruption, a boil on the Net that needs to be
lanced. You are a poison we need to vomit. You are a tooth so rotten it
infects the whole body. You are sperm that should have been captured in a
condom and flushed down a toilet.

You are no fun, and you don't know how to post.
I don't like you. I don't like anybody who has as little respect for
others as you do. Go away.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say
on Earth. I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with instructions
from your ex-CO. *You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would
rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.

You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm
deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a
weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a
revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.

You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared
richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth
into this world. *An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody,
abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and
then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.

I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as
you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought
of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are
vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of
this earth. *And did I mention you smell?

Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to
empress us with your insight. *The evidence that you are a nincompoop
will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it
more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. *Would that a hawk pick you
up,
drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to
fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame
of your ignoble blood. *May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea
of your own trite, foolish beliefs.

You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty
and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus.
Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are
unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that
reality
forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements
of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? * What fantasy do you
hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more
weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle,
waiting for the bite of the snake?

You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and
obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living
emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease,
you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.

On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient
in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are
dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all
unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.

You smarmy lagerlout git. *You bloody woofter sod. *Bugger off, pillock.
You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish
foot-licking twit. *You dankish clack-dish plonker. *You gormless
crook-pated tosser. *You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. *You
cockered bum-bailey poofter. *You craven dewberry ****head cockup pratting
naff. *You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. *You dread-bolted
fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.

You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate,
noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise
everything about you, and I wish you would go away.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. *I mean rock-hard "I didn't
say a bad job I said a ****-POOR job" stupid. *Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid.
Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole
different dimension of stupid. *You are trans-stupid stupid. *Meta-stupid.
Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed.
Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. * Quantum singularity
stupid. *Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. *You emit more stupid
in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. * Quasar stupid. *Your
writing has to be a troll. *Nothing in our universe can really be this
stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang
of
stupid. *Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else
as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. *I'm sorry. *I can't go
on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me.

After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. *I don't have enough
strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments
about
unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. *D'oh.

The only thing worse than your logic is your manners. * I have snipped
away most of your of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really
say anything. Your attempt at ...

read more »- Hide quoted text -

Here you must have enter the manic phase of the sickness.

It must the Minnesota spring.
Old April 24th 08, 09:21 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
ComandanteBanana

On Apr 24, 12:23*pm, Gunner wrote:

I took note of them for later reading. You have the first bunch handy?
I'd have to look for them again...

Hey, I've found that cycling is very much like survival: PRAY FOR THE
BEST, BUT BE READY FOR THE WORST.

Some fools around here claim riding a bike is fine if you have the
mental attitude, with little concern for safety. If you know some
predator are out there (you only need one) may harm you, you better
not share the road with them. Clearly the solution is separation or
speed regulation, but they don't want either one.

It's like going into bear country with a pot of honey...
Old April 24th 08, 09:41 PM posted to misc.survivalism,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle,dc.biking
Edward Dolan

"ComandanteBanana" wrote in message
[...]
Here you must have enter the manic phase of the sickness.

It must the Minnesota spring.

You are deficient in English. Apparently how to write a verb eludes you.
Either that or you are just the god damn ****ing idiot that I think you are.

Here is how the above sentences should have been written:

Here you must have entered the manic phase of the sickness.

It must be the Minnesota spring.

Old April 27th 08, 02:11 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle
Tom Sherman[_2_]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I am the best person I know.

Mr. Ed Dolan is a hermit, no?

Old April 27th 08, 02:25 PM posted to misc.survivalism,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,aus.bicycle
Edward Dolan

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:

I am the best person I know.

Mr. Ed Dolan is a hermit, no?

Yes, and that must be the reason why I attract all the nuts and screwballs
of Usenet. But I am thinking of retiring from my endeavors. If and when I
do, Mr. Tom Sherman will be expected to carry on in my stead.