Yesterdays ride

Old December 21st 19, 10:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Yesterdays ride

I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again) like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry 15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou
Old December 21st 19, 02:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the
dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to
ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again)
like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry
15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of
you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou

Consider yourself lucky man! -22C here yesterday. -32 with the wind.

Taking a virtual tour of Amsterdam today on my Tacx. Quite warm in my
basement. 😏

Old December 21st 19, 03:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 3:35:41 PM UTC+1, Duane wrote:
wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the
dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to
ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again)
like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry
15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of
you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou

Consider yourself lucky man! -22C here yesterday. -32 with the wind.

Ouch, that is brutal. Yes I consider myself lucky with the weather here. We can ride whole year. I'm good for 1.5 hour up to -10C and no wind.

Taking a virtual tour of Amsterdam today on my Tacx. Quite warm in my
basement. 😏

To the coffee shops or red light district? ;-)

Lou
Old December 21st 19, 04:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:
[...]

Wait until you're old. Man, that 'senior discount' is great.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 21st 19, 04:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the
dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to
ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again)
like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry
15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of
you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou

Consider yourself lucky man! -22C here yesterday. -32 with the wind.

Ouch, that is brutal. Yes I consider myself lucky with the weather here. We can ride whole year.

And yet we have "bicycle advocates" here who imply that if we would only
build enough bike lanes, we would have as many bicyclists as Amsterdam.
They refuse to believe that there are many other important factors,
including terrain and climate.

Enjoy what you have, Lou. You're lucky.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old December 21st 19, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 22/12/19 1:35 am, Duane wrote:
wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the
dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to
ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again)
like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry
15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of
you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou

Consider yourself lucky man! -22C here yesterday. -32 with the wind.

Taking a virtual tour of Amsterdam today on my Tacx. Quite warm in my
basement. 😏

Very lucky indeed. I met a friend in town at 8am and we chatted as we
rode a mix of bitumen and gravel roads for 75 km. All through farm
country. Rolling hills and cows. It was warm at 35 C by the time we
finished, and enjoyed a coffee, cake and water at a cafe in town.

Merry Christmas.

--
JS
Old December 21st 19, 09:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 22/12/19 3:23 am, Frank Krygowski wrote:

And yet we have "bicycle advocates" here who imply that if we would only
build enough bike lanes, we would have as many bicyclists as Amsterdam.
They refuse to believe that there are many other important factors,
including terrain and climate.

Melbourne had a docked bike share scheme. It was recently closed. Lack
of use.

Instead of addressing the cause of the lack of use there is now a
proposal to launch a ebike bike share scheme.

Do they really think the "e" will make a difference?

Talk about engineered for failure. I wonder if the intent is to exhaust
possibilities of non-car transport so they can at last proclaim "Oh
well, we'll just stick to cars."?

You can get around on a non-powered scooter without a helmet on the
footpath (or a unicycle for that matter), but with the helmet law for
bicycles and you must ride on the road with cars and trams, it puts
people off bicycles.

--
JS
Old December 22nd 19, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

wrote:
I'm not particularly fond of this time of the year. Go to work in the
dark and coming home in the dark; yuck. So I grab every opportunity to
ride outside even if it means getting soaked twice (and dried up again)
like yesterday. It was not cold (10 C) so I managed 82 km. On the ferry
15 km from home I was rewarded with a beautiful sky and a nice chat with a lady.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/uGha8g3Z3GFHsYik8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/UViKRzD2ghX5eX6YA

After today the days are getting longer already, so all good. To all of
you happy holidays and vote wisely in november ;-)

Lou

Consider yourself lucky man! -22C here yesterday. -32 with the wind.

Ouch, that is brutal. Yes I consider myself lucky with the weather here.
We can ride whole year. I'm good for 1.5 hour up to -10C and no wind.

-10 and sunny isn’t too bad. Once the ice and snow with the accompanying
gravel and salt come I stay inside.

Taking a virtual tour of Amsterdam today on my Tacx. Quite warm in my
basement. 😏

To the coffee shops or red light district? ;-)

Lou

Amsterdam city tour. Didn’t see any red light district. 😊 Pretty flat
though.

Old December 22nd 19, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

James wrote:
On 22/12/19 1:35 am, Duane wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Sounds great this time of year here.

Merry Christmas.

Same to you.

Old December 23rd 19, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:
[...]

Considering that most of the heavy freight in Holland is moved about with Canal Barges it has to be a pretty flat country everywhere. Though there are kills and such steep enough to give you a heart attack, especially in Belgium.

Yesterdays Sunday Times Bob[_2_] UK 15 January 19th 08 12:18 AM
Yesterdays Tour Stage joe dopebucket Racing 0 July 30th 07 02:06 PM
Memo that went around my wife's office (civil service), after yesterdays tragic events: Shaun aRe Mountain Biking 6 July 12th 05 04:23 PM
Bike Ride Pictures: Club ride to Half Moon Bay, CA, June 2005 Bill Bushnell Rides 0 June 28th 05 07:05 AM
Yesterdays ride Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 5 June 10th 05 09:13 PM