Latest uni class / club update

Old November 19th 04, 04:09 PM
tuna6869

P.U.-Pennsalvania Unicyclers

--
tuna6869 - Level 9 Rider (Almost 10!)

Jamey

Smile! It makes people wonder what you're up to!

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the
moments that take our breath away"

tuna6869's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1526

Old November 20th 04, 01:22 AM
Tmornstar

Hey Bill.

Great to hear that things are going so well!

There already is a W.O.W. club - in Ohio.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Grandmaster 2T

Tommy Thompson
(No PMs. please)
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old December 2nd 04, 05:40 PM
uni-mom/bystander

When I told Chris about this class that would be starting, I wasn't sure
what his response would be. He had turned me down for so many
suggestions I had for him to get involved in, other than Scouts (which
his dad pretty much "encouraged" him in being involved in). I casually
mentioned it and told him you would be leading it. (For those of you
reading this, we knew Bill previously from his employment at the
church). He said, "sure, I wouldn't mind trying it". I was pleasantly
surprised. I had no idea he would be THIS interested in it! The group
gives him a real sense of belonging, a much-needed growth in
self-esteem, something he can call his "own" that his big brother
doesn't have any interest in doing, and a way to make friends.
I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate you doing this and
to thank you for all of your encouragement to Chris. You'll probably
never know how VERY MUCH Chris needed something like this in his life.
I did it in this forum so that others can see what a difference
THEY can make in someone's life.

Thanks, and I can't wait to see the big PARADE!!! (Guess
who?)

--
uni-mom/bystander
uni-mom/bystander's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8684

Old December 3rd 04, 02:38 AM
billham

Thanks uni-mom. It's a pleasure having Chris with us. He's a fast
learner and will be doing some really cool tricks in the near future.
Oh yeah, it's fun to have you around too! Even if you won't ride one of
our crazy one wheeled contraptions.

For everyone - we have been averaging about 10 unicyclists per evening.
Just had another new rider last night and another young rider has been
watching her mom and brother ride with us and is showing some interest
in learning.

Both of our 10 year old newbies are busting out big rides now and
gaining confidence daily. Our newest adult newbie is learning to turn
since she is usually riding across the gym and needs to stop or turn.

Tomorrow night will be our first parade together and we'll have 7
riders. I'm very pleased with the turnout for our first parade. Should
be a lot of fun.

Exciting news! I sent in a little update to be put into the church
newsletter (where we ride on Tuesday nights). Tonight I got a call from
one of their members. He used to own a bicycle shop and has an almost
new unicycle in his basement that he is donating to the group. He has 2
other unis in the family that we or an individual might be able to pick
up really cheap. he tells me they are all in good to excellent
condition since they were hardly used. Thank you, Art, for your
generosity!

Gotta go, have few more preparations to do for the parade.

Bill

--
billham

On my way to starting a local unicycle club!
billham's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4625

Old December 3rd 04, 08:03 AM
GILD

WOW!
as we approach the end of the year, i start running little 'best of...'
lists in my head
favourite thread
favourite post
that kinda thing
and as far as favourite posts go, that one by uni-mom is most definately
up there
very wow

bill, isn't it about time to change that sig-line?

--
GILD - Waffle-Tosser and Time-bider

if you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me.--
alice 'roosevelt' (http://tinyurl.com/5ngze) longworth
i feel like a fugitive from the law of averages.-- william h. mauldin
'NAMASTE!' (http://tinyurl.com/4qcxw)
'Dave' (http://tinyurl.com/ywxgb)

Old December 3rd 04, 08:04 AM
Klaas Bil

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 20:38:25 -0600, "billham" wrote:

Gotta go, have few more preparations to do for the parade.

Bill is a busy man now, but in a nice way. Go Bill!

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham"

Old December 3rd 04, 06:46 PM
billham

GILD wrote:
*WOW!
as we approach the end of the year, i start running little 'best
of...' lists in my head
favourite thread
favourite post
that kinda thing
and as far as favourite posts go, that one by uni-mom is most
definately up there
very wow*

That's one of the things I like about this sport. It's uniqueness draws
in people in its own special way. The camraderie is strong and the
rewards (for riders and organizers) are great.

GILD wrote:
*
bill, isn't it about time to change that sig-line?
*

Getting close. I'm checking into liability and legal issues right now.
I'm not a rich man, but I don't want to lose what I've got. I also want
to minimize the liability risks for other leaders within the "future"
club.

We have too much stupid and frivilous litigation in this country. It's
pretty sad at times.

Bill

Old December 6th 04, 08:53 AM
GILD

billham wrote:
*We have too much stupid and frivilous litigation in this country.
It's pretty sad at times.*

true, still beats the crap out of complete lawlessness and anarchy
tho