Threadless versus treaded

Old August 13th 03, 12:27 PM
Hjalmar Duklęt

Default Threadless versus treaded

Hi,

What's the advantage of a threadless headset over an oldfashioned threaded
one?

Hjalmar

Old August 13th 03, 06:53 PM
Corey Green

"Hjalmar Duklęt" wrote in message ...
Hi,

What's the advantage of a threadless headset over an oldfashioned threaded
one?

Hjalmar

google in rec.bicycles.tech - they seem to argue this one continually.
Old August 14th 03, 08:15 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
"Hjalmar Duklęt" wrote:

Hi,

What's the advantage of a threadless headset over an oldfashioned threaded
one?

rbr answer: if you break a threadless stem during your race, the team
car will be able to replace it quickly

There are no advantages to a threadless, in my opinion, that justify
changing from one system to the other on a bike that is already built.
That said, threadless appears to have slight weight and strength
advantages, and threaded allows quicker adjustment of vertical rise of
the bars.

Threaded looks more retro, threadless looks more pimp. Your choice.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Old August 15th 03, 08:29 AM
Hjalmar Duklęt

I definitely care. If the threadless is much stiffer/much lighter and will
improve my sprint and/or hill climbing I would considder changing to
threadless. If its only a matter of fashion I will not.
Hjalmar
"Deeznuts" wrote in message
m...
"Hjalmar Duklęt" wrote in message

Hi,

What's the advantage of a threadless headset over an oldfashioned

threaded
one?

Hjalmar

who cares?

Threadless headsets? Chris Hansen General 4 April 23rd 04 10:47 PM
handlebar height n crowley General 35 April 19th 04 07:12 PM
hands and neck bothering me. Geometry? curt General 14 March 8th 04 02:27 AM
Threaded versus threadless headset Hjalmar Duklęt General 64 August 29th 03 06:55 PM
TIG welded Columbus Zona versus lugged Columbus butted (?SPX?) mark freedman General 4 July 27th 03 03:32 PM