Today's ride

Old May 9th 21, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Today's ride

Today I learned that unless it's actully below the freezing point, it
is *not* too early in the spring to start carrying ice.

First I bought a jar of refrigerated Kim Chee. Okay, there's a bottle
of chilled tea in my insulated pannier for thermal mass, the cajun
sesame sticks provide a little extra insulation, an it won't hurt kim
chee to get a little bit too warm for a short time.

Then I stopped at Penguin Point, and had to pass up the fried-chicken
lunch box because there was no way I could bring left-over chicken
home in a non-toxic condition.

I had chile cheese fries, which I can eat in one sitting.

And it was good.

There was a sour end to a perfect day. After stopping at umpty-bump
garage sales, I got to Lowe's and Walmart too tired to shop for a
raised flower bed, so I decided to look over the shoes, buy a can of
frozen orange juice to cool the kim chee, have a pretzel pizza for
supper, and go home.

I did find an acceptable pair of sandals: very thick, stiff soles,
velcro straps at the toes and heels so I can vary the number of pairs
of socks, instep strap to hold it firmly in place. It was size ten. A
*man*'s size ten, and I take a six in men's shoes.

After an hour spent inspecting every frozen food several times without
finding anything closer to fruit juice than strawberry daiquiri mix, I
decided to skip the pizza -- it was too late to linger, and I was too
grumpy to enjoy it -- fill my water bottle, and go home.

The water fountains were "closed until further notice".

I didn't notice until I'd committed myself to eating my emergency bar
standing up that I was across the street from Zimmer Biomet's picnic
tables.

And somewere along Park Avenue, my right foot started to ache because
the soles of my old sandals are too thin.

But I did have fun at all those garage sales.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at centurylink dot net

Old May 10th 21, 12:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
marika

On Sunday, May 9, 2021 at 1:21:44 PM UTC-5, Joy Beeson wrote:
[...]

lol

i do stuff like that all the time

mk5000

When you show interest in their worlds, they might be more open to hearing your opinions.
Share the edgy stuff from when you were growing up. Go on a trip down memory lane and let them listen to some of the stuff your parents didn't approve of. Music is often a product of its culture, and your music may give you some context for discussing their music and its role in their lives.--commonssense media dot org
Old December 25th 23, 07:29 AM
pearlvibe pearlvibe is offline
Junior Member

Oh man, today's ride sounds like quite the adventure! I feel you on getting too tired while out and about to shop or eat. Been there many times myself!

As for keeping food chilled on rides, have you heard of this new 2-in-1 masturbator and penis pump toy? Haha, I know that's random, but Penis Pump hear me out - it's actually perfect for packing small food items to keep cool! The silicone sleeve holds the cold really well. Plus, you get a spicy adult toy out of it too for some extra fun later😜 Kills two birds with one stone!

They market it as a masturbator and trainer, but we buyers know a good makeshift cooler when we see one! And with 5 vibration modes, sucking frequencies, and rotation settings, it seems like a good time all around. Less than 40 decibels too so you can sneak in the fun whenever needed, if you catch my drift!

Anyway, just wanted to share a little laugh and potentially useful tip. Hope the rest of your spring rides go smoother! Let me know if you give this toy a whirl for transporting chilled goods⁠—or anything else! 😉🍻

my ride today Mark Cleary Techniques 19 November 8th 08 06:41 PM
Today's Ride fairypenguin22 Unicycling 0 July 5th 08 06:55 PM
Today's Ride Tom Crispin UK 0 May 5th 08 10:04 PM
I went for a ride today small change Mountain Biking 5 August 3rd 05 01:41 PM
Today's Ride Carol Hague UK 57 December 3rd 03 04:23 PM