What should I do about my cycle.

Old August 29th 05, 03:55 AM
juggle508

Default What should I do about my cycle.

Ok heres the situation. I have been doing street/trials alot. I want to
start doing unispins like getting 360's unispins down pat and hopefully
someday 540's. I have a junky 20" sun frame that i broke the hub on. I
pretty much need a new wheel set.

Should i but just a wheelset or a freestyle unicycle? I want it to come
out under 150 u.s. dollars if its possible. I don;t know what to do. Any
suggestions? Kelly.

--
juggle508 - Street unicyclist.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

---------- Joshua 1:9----------
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old August 29th 05, 04:21 AM
fcwegnm0b

Get the splined uni from torker (cheap) or a qu-ax trial(still cheap,
but more than the torker).

Both should hold up for you.

Dave

--
fcwegnm0b - HammerTron

"You build a wood contraception that slides over it and has a removable
pin at the top to keep it in place" - carsonpalooza

fcwegnm0b's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8357

Old August 29th 05, 04:32 AM
darchibald

Learn em on your onza it will make you a stronger, better, rider. I can
do 360's and getting clos to 540'2 on my Summit and I'll bet you thats
heavier than yours.

David

--
darchibald - Street Unicyclist

' Album 481' (http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album481) - My Gallery

'A small pay rise this week, and I decided to, er... what do you young
people say, er... pimp my ghetto uni, or something.'
-Mikefule
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

Old August 29th 05, 05:02 AM
fcwegnm0b

juggle508 wrote:
*What bout just buying a sun 20" and ungrading the saddle to like a
viscount? *

I thought you just broke a Sun? What will a different seat do for it?
You broke the hub.

Old August 29th 05, 06:01 AM
burjzyntski

The 20" Torker LX is a good freestyle unicycle for under $150USD.
Although I can't land a 360 unispin (yet), I'm sure the LX would allow
me to without breaking.

I bought mine new-in-box on eBay and it came out to $97.97 after
shipping/handling. Can't beat that

--
burjzyntski - thejoeb

It's no good being Polish unless you prove it once a day.

"Every silver lining has a touch of gray."
burjzyntski's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10188

Old August 29th 05, 06:01 AM
ColDawG

why would u want to buy a new freestyle unicycle if you're getting into
trials and street

and nimbus trials or monty trials would serve you pretty well,
definately better hub than your sun
but, sooner or later, it'll break and you'll want splined

i'd save and get an onza or qu ax in the 300 buck range, otherwise, as
they say, buy cheap, buy twice
and if you buy 2 MORE non-splined, they'll prbly both break and you'll
be over 300 dollars in, and have to spend another 300 on a splined

so save and wait

--
ColDawG - I go both ways:

Your friendly, neighborhood Muniman
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old August 29th 05, 06:50 AM
byza_dog

i say ur best option would be to buy a torker dx 20" hers y

1: splined crank and hub, it aint the strongest out there but it si
still plenty strong for what you want

2: will be able to do most things u want it to wether it be street,
trials, or freestyle whatever

3: $200 0r less for the xtra $50 it is definately worth it and u will b
a happy person for a long time to come

BUT if u already have a trials uni then learn unispins and stuff on
that like they are doin it on universe 2

--
byza_dog - two wheels was no longer a chalenge

Why cart two wheels around when you only need one?
byza_dog's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10323

Old August 29th 05, 09:54 AM
maxisbackintown

Just save up your money and buy a good uni dont go for cheap stuff its
gonna break when ull get good and u go big... Id say get something rlly
cheap right now and elarn u 360 unispins and do go out doing drops or
stairs keep your money then get something better like a kh 20'' or a
bedford hardcore or something like that

--
maxisbackintown - timmmyyy

yeah
maxisbackintown's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9909

crap cycle path davek UK 28 May 12th 04 01:32 PM
Helmets Vivian UK 460 April 28th 04 09:38 PM
BRAKE on helmets Just zis Guy, you know? UK 62 April 27th 04 09:48 AM
Can you legally cycle on a public right of way in Scotland? Simon Brooke UK 26 October 1st 03 05:49 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM