Vulnerable road users had better watch out!

Old December 24th 10, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
FrengaX

Default Vulnerable road users had better watch out!

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:
It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Wrong again! It didn't happen.
Old December 25th 10, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 24, 8:48*am, FrengaX wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Wrong again! It didn't happen.

I went to my local supermarket on Thursday and there were the longest
queues I had ever seen there. As for the Christ Mass getaway, if that
was less than usual it is probably because they were understandably
scared of the snow.

Doug.
Old December 25th 10, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
George

On Dec 25, 7:14*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 24, 8:48*am, FrengaX wrote: On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Wrong again! It didn't happen.

I went to my local supermarket on Thursday and there were the longest
queues I had ever seen there. As for the Christ Mass getaway, if that
was less than usual it is probably because they were understandably
scared of the snow.

Doug.

You should have gone on Thursday, learn to plan ahead, use your brain
if you have one.
What is Christ Mass, something that only exists in your mind?
Why would anybody be scared of snow, perhaps people were thinking
ahead, something you can't do.
Old December 25th 10, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:
It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Real cyclists are probably best advised to stay indoors until this
mass driving frenzy subsides a little.

Are you telling people not to cycle?
Are you now against this form of transportation as well?

Sorry Doug, but your prophecies of doom and gloom will not put me off.
I cycled on the 23rd and Christmas eve, and did not have any problems.
Old December 26th 10, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 25, 3:04*pm, NotMe wrote:
On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Real cyclists are probably best advised to stay indoors until this
mass driving frenzy subsides a little.

Are you telling people not to cycle?
Are you now against this form of transportation as well?

Sorry Doug, but your prophecies of doom and gloom will not put me off.
I cycled on the 23rd and Christmas eve, and did not have any problems.

Well I am glad for you, despite the serious risk you took.

Doug.
Old December 27th 10, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
NotMe

On Dec 26, 6:57*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 25, 3:04*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Real cyclists are probably best advised to stay indoors until this
mass driving frenzy subsides a little.

Are you telling people not to cycle?
Are you now against this form of transportation as well?

Sorry Doug, but your prophecies of doom and gloom will not put me off.
I cycled on the 23rd and Christmas eve, and did not have any problems.

Well I am glad for you, despite the serious risk you took.

I had no choice, I had to go to work. However unlike you I do not
regard cycling as particularly dangerous. Perhaps it is because I
don't go on critical masses, designed to antagonise motorists. I also
don't try to use my bike to try and bloke motorists like you have
claimed to do. Perhaps going on CM has warped you sense of road
safety.

Old December 27th 10, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

On Dec 27, 8:07*pm, NotMe wrote:
On Dec 26, 6:57*am, Doug wrote:

On Dec 25, 3:04*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Doug does not believe he should look after his own safety, he thinks
everybody else should look after his safety.
Note his lack of answer as to whether cyclists shouls use lights at
night.
Note how he had an accident because he could not stop in time,
allthough he expects others to do that.
Old December 28th 10, 07:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On Dec 27, 8:07*pm, NotMe wrote:
On Dec 26, 6:57*am, Doug wrote:

On Dec 25, 3:04*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

It is being reported that 14 million cars will be on our roads today,
because of the Christ Mass getaway. Additionally, it is expected that
there will be the biggest pre-Christ Mass shopping spree so local
roads will also be crowded.

Real cyclists are probably best advised to stay indoors until this
mass driving frenzy subsides a little.

Are you telling people not to cycle?
Are you now against this form of transportation as well?

Sorry Doug, but your prophecies of doom and gloom will not put me off..
I cycled on the 23rd and Christmas eve, and did not have any problems..

Well I am glad for you, despite the serious risk you took.

I had no choice, I had to go to work.

Fair enough.

However unlike you I do not
regard cycling as particularly dangerous. Perhaps it is because I
don't go on critical masses, designed to antagonise motorists. I also
don't try to use my bike to try and bloke motorists like you have
claimed to do. Perhaps going on CM has warped you sense of road
safety.

It is being hospitalised three times by drivers that has influenced my
view of road unsafety. Plus the fact that drivers can kill cyclists
but cyclists can't kill drivers.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old December 28th 10, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

On 28/12/2010 07:05, Doug wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:07 pm, wrote:
On Dec 26, 6:57 am, wrote:

On Dec 25, 3:04 pm, wrote:

On Dec 23, 7:51 am, wrote:

[...]

As this has happened to you so many times, has it occurred to you that
it may be the manner of your riding?

--
Tony Dragon
Old December 28th 10, 09:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

On Dec 28, 7:05*am, Doug wrote:
On Dec 27, 8:07*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 26, 6:57*am, Doug wrote:

On Dec 25, 3:04*pm, NotMe wrote:

On Dec 23, 7:51*am, Doug wrote:

[...]

Anectdotal, but please give this NG the details of the incidents.