An additional road hazard for cyclists, missiles thrown from cars.

Old April 6th 11, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
maresh

Default An additional road hazard for cyclists, missiles thrown from cars.

On Apr 6, 6:12*pm, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 6, 6:57*am, Doug wrote:

On Apr 6, 6:47*am, PeterG wrote:

On Apr 6, 6:33*am, Doug wrote:

Not content with using a car as a weapon, additional weapons are
missiles thrown from cars

So that's where the missing Sidewinders went.

. Apart from wearing full body armour, there
is little a cyclist could do against such attacks.

Bit extreme using a sidewinder, a brick should do. and it's cheaper.

"A woman's eye may have been left permanently damaged after an egg was
thrown at her while she was out running in North Yorkshire.

Was she running after her bike?

The 37-year-old was jogging

Oh I see the cyclist was jogging, can you do that on a bike?

on Leeds Road, Harrogate,

Of course, Leeds Road, where all the cyclist joggers go,

on Sunday when
an egg was thrown at her from a moving car.

Police said she was treated at Harrogate District Hospital and it was
not yet known if her eye had been permanently damaged.

Pc Daniel Ridgeway said the assault was an "act of crass stupidity"..

Well true, they should have waited for a 'real cyclist'

He added: "The assault has naturally left the victim feeling very
upset.

"These injuries are very nasty but they could have been far worse and
may still lead to permanent damage.

"I would urge anyone who can identify the person responsible for this
mindless act to contact me as soon as possible."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-12979063

Are you seriously trying to argue that missiles are never thrown from
cars against cyclists?

All of the bottles thrown at me have come from the cars' occupants
*after* the vehicle has gone past, which shows you what a lot of
numptys there are about.

--
Simon Mason

I must put the reward up, I might get somebody with a better aim. ;-)
Old April 6th 11, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Apr 6, 6:21*pm, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

All of the bottles thrown at me have come from the cars' occupants
*after* the vehicle has gone past, which shows you what a lot of
numptys there are about.

And you still haven't got the message have you?
--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

What, that there are thick drivers around that go by at 30mph, lob a
bottle out of the window and then wonder why it goes in the opposite
direction?
It doesn't surprise me.

--
Simon Mason
Old April 7th 11, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 06/04/2011 18:12, Simon Mason wrote:
On Apr 6, 6:57 am, wrote:
On Apr 6, 6:47 am, wrote:

On Apr 6, 6:33 am, wrote:

[...]

I expect it must show you that.

No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, I'm happy to relate.
Old April 7th 11, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

JNugent wrote:

I expect it must show you that.

No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, I'm happy to relate.

Don"t get out much ?

--
Tony
Old April 7th 11, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 07/04/2011 07:13, Tony Raven wrote:

wrote:

I expect it must show you that.

No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, I'm happy to relate.

Don"t get out much ?

If it happens to you, you have a certain amount of my sympathy.

Nevertheless, my advice to you would be "never make the mistake of
extrapolating from your own experiences".

Well, either that or, in the immortal words of many a usenet poster: move
somewhere less pikey.
Old April 8th 11, 07:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

*wrote:
I expect it must show you that.
No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, I'm happy to relate.

Don"t get out much ?

If it happens to you, you have a certain amount of my sympathy.

Nevertheless, my advice to you would be "never make the mistake of
extrapolating from your own experiences".

Well, either that or, in the immortal words of many a usenet poster: move
somewhere less pikey.

There is no escaping hostile or irresponsible drivers. They are
everywhere.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.(Recently updated).
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.
Old April 8th 11, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 08/04/2011 07:43, Doug wrote:

wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
wrote:

I expect it must show you that.
No-one has ever thrown a bottle at me, I'm happy to relate.

Don"t get out much ?

If it happens to you, you have a certain amount of my sympathy.
Nevertheless, my advice to you would be "never make the mistake of
extrapolating from your own experiences".
Well, either that or, in the immortal words of many a usenet poster: move
somewhere less pikey.

There is no escaping hostile or irresponsible drivers. They are
everywhere.

He was actually talking of bottle-throwers. There is no need to own a car in
order to throw a bottle, or even a driving licence. In fact, being inside a
car would (I imagine) be a great handicap when trying to throw anything, let
alone a bottle.

But I'm sorry to hear you also have so much trouble with bottles being thrown
at you everywhere you go. It doesn't happen to me, not even when I'm round
your way, darn sarf o'the border.
Old April 8th 11, 06:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 08/04/2011 18:09, JNugent wrote:
On 08/04/2011 07:43, Doug wrote:

wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
wrote:

[...]

What with all those frequent rammings & now bottle throwing its a wonder
he's still alive.

Old April 9th 11, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 09/04/2011 08:05, Simon Mason wrote:

"Mr. wrote:
"Simon Mason" wrote in message

All of the bottles thrown at me have come from the cars' occupants
*after* the vehicle has gone past, which shows you what a lot of
numptys there are about.

How many times have you had a bottle thrown at you Simon?

Not just bottles. Cans, fast food detritus, loads of lit fag ends, fag
packets, contents of ashtrays, crisp packets etc.

Why do people throw these things at you? It never happens to me or to anyone
else here. Why are you such a target for it?

It's not just their exhaust pipes that spew tons of crap.

Is that the sound of a barrel being scraped?